“Standard Marriott/Hilton -quality”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #69 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 6, 2007

This is not a DeLuxe hotel, rather average first class. Everything is ok but nothing luxury inside. Rooms are dated. Very basic bathroom with small towels, basic toilettery.
Inkeepers Club is far too small. Had to wait for a table every visit. Staff at the club is exellent.
Location is exellent.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank Rane
Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed January 1, 2007

Just back from a stay at Disney's Boardwalk Inn over the New Year's weekend.

Good points: Spotless, well appointed room, with a lovely balcony overlooking a quite courtyard. Comfortable beds. Great location that can't be beat for access to the theme parks. Convenient transportation. Easy check-in and express check out. Superior service. Some things did go wrong, but the hotel was quick to respond. First, our toilet backed up, but it was repaired in less than 20 minutes. And at checkout, they could not locate my luggage. But all available staff went to work to locate it within ten minutes.

Room for improvement: Some small things, but worth noting in a hotel in this price range. There was only one spot for coffee/breakfast in the morning and it could not accomodate the number of guests in the hotel, resulting in a lengthly wait (almost 40 minutes one morning!) And while the towels were plentiful, they were small and thin. Toiletries were the same as in the lowest end hotel on Disney property. An upgrade of these items would be in order at this price point.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay, and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with friends
4  Thank thedcdiva
Reviewed December 11, 2006

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn Nov 26th-Dec 4th. It was our third stay and our second stay at the Innkeepers Club. As said in another review, we were treated like royalty. All of the Castmemebers at the Innkeeps Club are wonderful. We had a deluxe room with a Boardwalk view which can't be beat. We love the ambience of the Boardwalk at night. The location can't be beat. We walked to EPCOT and boated to MGM. The buses were always effecient. The rooms are wonderful. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank SFBank
Reviewed November 18, 2006

My family and I (from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island ,Canada) stayed at the Boardwalk in the INNKEEPERS CLUB section from Oct 14 -22. We where treated like royalty by the conceriege staff! I want to make a special mention of Jackie who in my opinion is the best Disney Castmember I have ever dealt with in all the years I have gone to Disney World. Jackie's kindness and caring manner will always be remebered by my family!!!!

Our room was super - clean, great shape and so quiet. Innkeepers Club food offerings were tasty and very plentiful. My family had a great time and look forward to returning soon!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank PEIGUY1
Reviewed October 25, 2006

Visiting Orlando and have tight pockets..... this place is recommended.

No second thoughts.

I travelled from Tampa (was on business trip) and met my family here. Good place to save money for those visits to Disney.

Donot be bothered with staff or room service or decor ...... who wnats to stay and write a book on that..... come to visit Orlando .... get out of that room.

Stayed: September 2004
1  Thank gotraveller
Reviewed October 13, 2006

Since we usually stay at Disney's Grand Floridian, I thought an Epcot Boardwalk Resort would be a nice change of pace. The hotel ambience is really quaint and cute (old seaside theme), but the service is equivalent to a Days Inn or other motel, and the rooms were damp and frankly, pretty gross. I would've switched rooms as soon as I noticed the brown substance splattered all over the toilet rim, but since the bellman had already dumped all our bags in the room and left (we got lost trying to find it based on the front desk person's directions of: "Just turn right down there") I just sucked it up, grabbed some Purell wipes and wiped it down myself. Sorry, but for $300 a night, I shouldn't have to clean some stranger's diarrhea of the toilet.

Anyway, the first morning we were there, my 60-year-old mother and I decided to take a walk on the Boardwalk. We noticed it was wet from being hosed off and extremely slippery. We discovered shortly thereafter that there is grease or motor oil from the vendors apparently, and they spray it down in the morning creating one of the most dangerous situations I can imagine. Needless to say, even being careful, my mom took a horrible fall. Luckily she didn't break a hip! I doubt she was the first person to do this, and I'm willing to bet Disney is going to open themselves up to liability if they don't rectify the situation. We're not litigious, and settled for their measly offer to reimburse my mom for her ruined pants (they were covered from top to bottom with motor oil/grease and even housekeeping could not get the stains out). Of course this "offer" came after several compaints to three different managers and about four phone calls. The $60 barely paid for my breakfast and wasn't even worth my time. What I really wanted was for my mother to enjoy Epcot without limping.

The bottom line is that the service here is terrible. I called down to preorder (room service) breakfast for my daughter, and they refused. Said I needed to complete the breakfast order card and hang it on my door, which wouldn't have been a problem had the housekeeping staff actually left me one. The rooms are damp, smelly, and in need of updating and cleaning. There is rust underneath this rather protruding marble shelf in the bathtub my 2-year-old almost hit her head on a million times while she was taking a bath. I just returned home and can't wait to shower off. I give this hotel a star for it's cute decor and that's about it..

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
15  Thank Ains'Mum
Reviewed October 12, 2006

We stayed in a standard view room at the Boardwalk Inn. We were on the second floor, which is the same floor as the lobby. At first I was disappointed with our view which was of gardens and walkways, our room faced the Garden Suites head-on. I later realized that it was a good location to get to and from the Boardwalk quickly.

The room itself was really nothing special. The carpet seemed a little shabby and the towel that I used for my first shower had a hole the size of a half-dollar in it! I've never had that happen even at a Holiday Inn. It's a little thing but you would think that for a room that costs over $300 a night they would provide bath & bed linens of better quality.

I requested a king bedded room when I initially made my reservation but our room had two queen beds instead. This is one of my biggest frustrations with Disney's Deluxe resorts, one should be able to book a room with either one king or two queens. I wuld have no problem paying for it.
We paid $9.95 a day for internet access but requested a refund of our first three days. We could not connect without having to call tech support to reset the connection and even then the connection would drop in and out.

Even with these little problems I would stay at the Boardwalk again in a second! Being able to walk to Epcot in 5 minutes was the best! The boat to MGM was great and even the bus transportation was great. You do share transportation with Y&B Club & the Swan & Dolphin but the busses were never crowded and we never had a long wait. The entertainment on the BW was fun in the evenings. Flying Fish is the best restaurant that we've visited on Disney property and Jellyrolls is a lot of fun when everything else is closed down.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple