“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #64 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Philadelphia, PA
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for three nights in June. Overall, this is a nice hotel. We arrived early before our room was ready, but we were able to check in and get a telephone number to call to see when our room was ready. We had a room with two queen beds, and we found the room to be quite spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. I expected the pool to be larger, but it was fine. The location just cannot be beat - right on the boardwalk and within easy walking distance to the other Epcot resorts or Epcot itself.

• Stayed June 2006
11 Thank SNMK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Las Vegas. NV
Reviewed May 19, 2006

There are some many things I would like to add but it would take too much time. I think by going to a Disney resort I made some of my own mistakes. I should have mentally prepared myself for the Disney life. I will say the first 2 hours at this hotel were a joke. We took the magical express in from MCO. It was a 20 minute wait which was not so bad. We got to the hotel and there were no lines for check in. I started checking in and based on other reviews I started asking the all important questions. How far are we from the elevator and do we have a board walk view? I was told we do not have a BW view but we have a pool view and we are not close to the elevators. The lady gave me a look that I only now remember. I wish she would have told me we were the furtherest room from the BW and the elevators. We walked to the room, it was about 300 yards from the lobby. They should offer gold cart service. We opened the door and a scent of smoke came out. The room was dirty and the people staying in it before us were smokers. The drapes were browninh yellow. I could not believe they were still hanging. We opened the door to see our pool view and saw the Swan hotel. Acually a construction site, it was impossible to see a pool. I called the front desk to get a new room and was told they could not move us for 4 days. At $450 per night that was not going to be the case. I was transfered over to the hotel manager. I spoke with him for some time before I told him I was coming to the lobby. We talked about how they advertise the web site and this room is not a fair representation of their site. He then decidied to come to my room to talk to me. I think he was worried that I was going to make a sceen in the lobby. (he was right) He came to my room and told me that he could put me in a normal room for $20 less per night with a BW view. I told him no. He really did not want to work with us at all. He also told me he has never seen the BW website @ disney(--)??? He finally said I could speak with the property manager as his arguements were lame and without merit. I spent no less than 45 seconds with the property manager. He said give me 10 minutes. He came out and explained he was going to bump a member to another room and give it to us. He said I must inspect it first to make sure we like it. I was blown away by how much nicer, cleaner this unit was. Now I see why there are so many one stars vs. 5 stars for this hotel. The first room we were in was a $175 a night room and the second was worth what we paid. That is why I gave this place 3 stars. To be honest, if we were placed in this room at first and did not have a 2 hour arguement with the staff I would have given them a 4 star rating. The location of this hotel is great, the boats come every 5 minutes for Epcot and MGM. The bus rides wait time can be 1 to 30 minutes. There are a lot of stops so be patient and prepared to wait. The fish resturant is unreal at the BW. The entertainment is great as well. The kids loved it and this really all that matters on a Disney trip. Be ready to spend money, wait in line and do not let them push you around any you will survive.

• Stayed May 2006
19 Thank denniso482
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 2, 2006

The location can't be beat but, otherwise, the Boardwalk Inn was disappointing. The room was dark and not well maintained. It was hard to sleep late because the drapes didn't block the morning light. We were near one of the "quiet" pools, which was quite noisy w/ screaming children. Our three requests for help to subdue the children at the pool were ignored. We were in a "garden suite," but the garden looked like an atomic bomb test site (gardens on either side of us were nice, 'though). We sat outside on our patio often, but the chairs were standard-issue molded plastic--very uncomfortable. The living room television was SMALL. And we encountered a cock roach in the living room while we were packing to leave. The linens (towels & sheets) were cheap and thread-bare. On the plus side - the bed was very comfortable.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed at this "deluxe" hotel for one week over Easter, 2006. Previously we have stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Yacht and Beach Club, and figured it was time to try something new. For basically the same price and catagory, The Boardwalk Inn doesn't hold a candle to these other resorts. It is ten years old but it looked fifty-- our wallpaper was coming off in the room and our shower/tub area had rust and mold around the grout. The room smelled very musty and the decor was outdated.
Our biggest complaint was the pool area. The pool is large and our kids loved the waterslide but the chair situation was horrible. If you did not stake out a lounge chair by 9:30am, you were out of luck for most of the day. Forget about going to the parks early and then trying to relax by the pool in the afternoon unless you like to stand. If you were lucky enough to find a chair, you couldn't leave it for more than 10 minutes before it would be rudely repossessed by someone else. The pool manager was not helpful when we discussed the situation with him. He became known as the pool cop by many of the guests that weekend because if you left your chair for a swim or to get a snack, he would assume it was abandoned and promptly offer it to someone else.
There was no magic--at least not the kind you feel when you walk into the Grand Floridian or the good feeling you get when interacting with the staff at the Yacht and Beach Club. There really isn't anything special about this hotel. The boardwalk itself is unique, and the magicians and other acts there are really entertaining. Spoodles was very nice, the food was good and the staff there actually smiled. The other restaurants on the boardwalk were just OK. You are very close to Epcot and MGM but the bus ride to the Magic Kingdom is long. The water taxis were nice and ran very much on schedule.
In conclusion, for this price, I would definitely choose the other hotels I mentioned before settling for this one. The staff, the hotel and grounds, the service, and the clientele don't reflect a "deluxe" rating.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank LMD-11
Chagrin Falls, OH
Reviewed April 20, 2006

We are DVC members and have stayed at all the DVC properties at WDW. Boardwalk, by far, is our favorite. The beds are the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. The rooms are clean, the staff is courteous and helpful, and it's just a wonderful resort. After staying at other DVC resorts and other Disney resorts (Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans & Animal Kingdom) I would NEVER stay anywhere else on points (if paying cash we would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - it's wonderful). The only complaint we have is there is no food court like they have at many of the other resorts. The places on the Boardwalk are on the pricey side and our kids are picky eaters so there isn't much there at BW to please them. We love the quiet pool and the Keister Coaster (water slide). It's a very short walk to EPCOT which is nice because you're not fighting large crowds to leave at the end of the night - walk out the back entrance and have a leisurely stroll back to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. It can't be beat!

• Stayed April 2006
17 Thank skatermom1
New Jersey
Reviewed February 27, 2006

Stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for the second time this past February. I must say I find, like other reviewers, that the location can't be beat. We love to eat in the International Showcase pavillions in Epcot, which makes this resort ideal.(a nice walk to and from)The atmosphere is tranquil yet whimsical and the decor fits perfectly with the theme.

The Boardwalk itself is an entertainment venue and Jellyrolls, with its dueling pianos should not be missed. Although the resorts restuarants are located outside the hotel itself, some people are dissapointed in this respect, the food @ Spoodles and Flying Fish is great!

The room is well appointed and we were impressed with the mousekeepers and were surprised with hand towel "creations" every night.

Disney is a truly magical place and this resort is Disney magic for those who want a place they can relax but still know that they are in Disney!

We will return to the Boardwalk.

• Stayed February 2006
15 Thank DisGirl
Upstate NY
Reviewed January 16, 2006

Just another "two thumbs way up" for the Boardwalk Inn. This was our first stay in a deluxe Disney resort and the upgrade from moderate (Coronado Springs) is noticeable. We had no problems, loved everything and would make this our first choice for a WDW stay. As good as the Inn is, though, its location is the best feature, better than Yacht & Beach or Swan/Dolphin in my opinion since it is right on the Boardwalk. Also, for those who like to walk (and it was January, so cool enough), EPCOT is 5 minutes at most, MGM is about a mile, but a pleasant stroll and to avoid the bus to the Magic Kingdom, just walk through EPCOT and grab the monorail. The only Disney bus we needed was to the Animal Kingdom.

• Stayed January 2006