Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$294
$287
$232
1,781 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowquiet poolinnkeepers clubdance hallbeach clubwalking distance to epcotworld showcasethe busespn zonemagic kingdomswan dolphincrescent lakeshort walkfunnel cake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2005

Stayed here early October for a conference with wife and two year old. Disney Magic Express bus / baggage service was great / convenient / easy. Check in a bit slow with a newer person / but manager stepped in and helped. Extremely friendly bellmen - in a good way. First room was courtyard facing the Boardwalk - OK - but you want the Garden View which is what we had for days 2 - 7. Garden View allows you to see the Epcot fireworks every night - which is a pleasant diversion if you are there with a 2 year old who can't stay out late. Disney wake up calls had the same characters each day - a bit of a bummer. Our cleaning staff had a lot of fun arranging my daughter's stuffed animals each day - and even made her an animal out of a towel!!!! Our room was close to the elevator - but still very quiet. Balcony on both rooms could fit two people in chairs. Good Sprint & Nextel service (4 of 5 bars in room) in case you care.
You can walk to EPCOT in about 9 minutes at a slow pace, and it takes about 20 minutes to walk all the way around the lake. The Boardwalk is the last prior and first boat back to / from EPCOT. MGM is two stops and about 20 minutes on the boat. On the buses, you can go direct from here to Downtown Disney, but it is two stops and 20 minutes to Animal Kingdom. We walked through Epcot to the monorail for Magic Kingdom.
Elephant pool is big and the slide has one Very Fast turn at the end, so you can't put a kid lowere than 4 through it. Lifeguards were a little too aggressive in safety for me, but no one else minded. The kiddie pool is small with room for maybe 6 kids comfy. The separate Quiet Pool in the Garden View area is nice for sunning with a hot tub, but deep so no kids play there. The play area does not have swings, but nice slides and climbing. Fitness area is comprehensive and relatively large for the size hotel - never had more than two people in there with me.
I recommend the Beach Hotel character breakfast with Goofy / Minnie / ChipDale (convenient, good selection especially fruit), the Brewery restaurant on the Boardwalk(fantastic tastes, reasonable prices), and ESPN Zone (as long as you tolerate the very LOUD environment). We found the Boardwalk restaurants Flying Fish and Italian/pasta one very expensive for the small portions, and not really that unique in taste - skip them. In the Magic Kingdom, the Crystal Palace character dinner was fantastic with Pooh / Piglet / Tigger (plus dancing), and very tasty. Otherwise nothing really stood out great or bad.
The Boardwalk has a small general store with reasonably priced milk (2%) / beer / wine / liquor / snacks / soup but not much else. We supplemented with an online order from Goodings supermarket.
A Disney vacation is always nice, and this was no different. We found a Disney hotel to be a HUGE benefit for access / enjoyment, but pricey - it will a once in a while trip for us.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
30  Thank munchman
Reviewed October 11, 2005

We are DVC members and booked this vacation on points. We stayed in a 2BR for 2 nights then extended our stay instead of going to OKW. I so regret doing that but I will explain. We had room 5075-73 which was right near the elevator. We had just returned from DCL I had booked a 2br and a studio the studio was ready and the 2 br was not so we went to MK for the day when we returned the 2BR which was 'right next to' the studio wasn't really it was down the hall. The only reason I brought this up is that the CM should have not told my MIL that they were next to each other because they weren't. Other than that my family was blown away by to room and being right on the boardwalk. So everything was good so far.

So of course being so close to the elevators made me not realize the lack of planning by whomever designed the villas. After deciding we didn't feel like
changing resorts I asked if we could keep the studio portion of the 2 bedroom since most of our party was leaving. Well that was not available so they did have a studio available right away (should have been my red flag) 3136. The very last door of the THIRD hallway on the third floor. OMG were the people who laid out the Villas smoking dope? I used to think the long hallway complaint was just bellyachers but DH and I are fit people and love to walk but walking 3 hallways each comparable to a football field if not longer after a day at the parks and an hour bus ride is not my idea of fun. Once we started the trek to the room we knew EXACTLY what all the belly achers were talking about. God how I wish I had taken their advice. WHY would there be ONE set of elevators servicing an entire resort?

The busses good grief! Sharing the busses with 4 resorts is absurd! Getting anywhere was a nightmare and took forever! That was really aggrivating and also the wait for the bus was long. They were not spaced out properly and for example we would get 2 busses for MK right next to each other so if you missed them the wait till they came back was longer than usual. Going to Typhoon lagoon or Downtown was even more annoying since they would pick up at boardwalk drive through the swan dolphin YBC and then pass directly passed the Boardwalk entrance again. It made absolutely no sense on why the Boardwalk did not get picked up after rather than get on the bus go through every stop just to pass the stop again. It is completely absurd. If I owned at BWV I would definitely have issue with the bus sharing.

Also another thing that distrubed me was how long the room service dirty dishes would sit outside people's rooms. Filthy plates just sitting there one room had their stuff outside their door for at least 5 hours!!! We had left our room at about 7:30 am and returned to our room about 2pm and it was still there! This wasn't an isolated incident. The day we checked into the resort we noticed alot of stuff in the hallways thinking it was a fluke I ignored it but after noticing stuff ourside the doors frequently I started to take notice. I mean there were thise one set of chicken wings that were sitting there forever! The odd thing is that you could constantly smell food while walking the halls unfortunately it wasn't the smell of fresh food cooking but of what someone ate the night before.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank ourmiraclechris
A TripAdvisor Member
New York City
Reviewed October 9, 2005

This is a place that I dream of living in all the time, a place that I can explore and marvel at its treasures, a place where serene is sublime, here you can live out a fantasy of life on the boardwalk and walk directly into EPCOT center. ESPN with its hundreds of TV screens is at your doorstep, fresh home made baked goods and restaurants galore, and then EPCOT a shoppers and diners paradise! what a way to spend some time, the service is great, the place is immaculate, the experience is most memorable and best of all, the people are NICE!

• Stayed: August 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2005

The Boardwalk Inn was my 4th hotel stay at Disney and my husband's 3rd. It will also be the only place I ever stay at again. My husband and I honeymooned here and we are going back in November of this year. We loved the atmosphere, the staff, the food, the convenience. It was perfect. The scenery also made for some terrific and memorable pictures!

Stayed: July 2003
14  Thank Mary B
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Stayed here for the first time in March. Whole family. 11 of us. Brother and his family and my parents. I have stayed at 3 other Disney hotels and have to say that this is just as nice as others I have stayed in. The week started out not so crowded, then all you know what broke loose. Ive never seen it this crowded before. We would go to the parks every day and then back to the hotel pool. The pool was nice, but not alot of chairs and pool area space. I hate to have to save a chair, or survey the area for someone who looks like they are about to leave and then jump on them for their seats. The waterslide was great.

The room was on the side of the hotel where Spoodles is. In fact our room was right above it. I know people say hotel rooms in Disney aren't that great, but it is what it is. All we did was shower and sleep there. Not bad, but the decor is not my style. Beautiful view and you could hear the ferry horns. Stayed on concierge level, which I would recommend if you have kids. We would have breakfast every morning before heading out. In the afternoon we would go in for snacks. At night we would go for cordials or a snack before bed and always they would have milk, soda, etc available. The only down side was that it seemed that the rooms were far from the pool and far from the lobby to catch the bus. Not bad if you are walking alone, but when carrying a sleeping child, far, far, far.

All in all, I would stay here again, because the night life on the boardwalk was nice, and you can walk to Epcot. You are also really close to MGM.

• Stayed: March 2005