I stayed at the Boardwalk for 5 nights as part of a holiday and whilst attending a course at the Disney Institute in the Boardwalk Conference Facility.
So the room was great! It was very quiet and down a side corridor so there are no hoards of people walking past the door to the lift or the foyer. I was told by Disney staff that the Boardwalk is considered among the higher end of the Deluxe (so Wilderness and AK are lower end delux) and that meant sheets and towels with higher thread count and duvet's instead of bedspreads. Also more pillows on the bed than one can possibly use.
The room was really clean - the only thing was lots of hair left in the bathroom - on the floor, in tub, in sinks on vanity top - strange but not enough to be be completely problematic. Plasma screen TV, small balcony overlooking the Garden Units gardens, small fridge but no mini bar, desk and chair, couch, drawer unit. The safe was not big enough to hold a laptop. The toiletries were a bit below average - only shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, lotion and soap. Not even a shower cap! No milk supplied for tea or coffee - had to buy that in the general store. I didn't really interact with any of the staff. so I can't really comment. I didn't use the pool - but it seemed a bit open to the general public for my liking.
If you like looking for Mickeys there are heaps of them - carved into the furniture, the fittings, the carpets, the shower curtain, even the paintings on the wall. But it is all done very elegantly and the whole place is quite plush and adult. Possibly driven by the conference centre but there are fewer families staying here than say WL or AKL
the location of this place is great - walking distance to Epcot and HS and lots of other resorts. The Boardwalk is interesting for it's shops and restaurants.
the one bugbear I had was with the buses. Every bus I got on would be diverted through Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach resorts before going where I wanted. and the same coming back. Buses would drive PAST the Boardwalk and go Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach before returning to the Boardwalk - I never got a break and it added 20 mins to every journey. In the end I did the 5 min walk to Beach and started catching buses from there and getting off at Swan and walking the 5 mins back.
The conference centre was very nice - large, spacious rooms, well appointed, comfortable. the food served was very good quality.
Again - Disney gives nothing away for free - wifi internet available in the conference centre - $5 / 4 hours or wifi avail in hotel lobby $10 / 24 hours or internet cable available in room (which I couldn't get to work - $10/24 hrs).
A lovely stay - overly expensive for what you get - and not quite special enough to make me want to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort