1,887 results
All reviews flying fish club level espn club pizza window innkeepers club quiet pool dance hall beach club walking distance to epcot world showcase the bus espn zone swan dolphin crescent lake magic kingdom funnel cake international gateway
Reviewed June 29, 2014

First, let me preface my remarks with the overall comment that this was mostly ideal for THIS vacation. My mother was treating her adult daughters and our spouses to this vacation (a 17 year old great-granddaughter was along, too, but that's another story entirely!). We originally wanted to be in a suite, but thought better of that plan and requested 4 rooms, knowing that we could be widely separated. We arrived to find that we had been moved to the concierge level (innkeepers club?) at no extra charge! Whoo-hoo! Although all of the "rooms" had checked in online, one did not "take" and my sister had to spend some time doing the manual check-in. (NOTE TO READER: DOUBLECHECK!!) Two of the 4 rooms were ready when we arrived. BUT the room assigned to the great-granddaughter and her grandfather was a king bed and a sleeper sofa. Although it would make sense to give that room to one of the couples, it was not recommended (and we didn't insist on it) because our wrist bands had already been wired to the assigned rooms. We dropped our carry-on luggage in the two available rooms and left for Epcot. We went immediately to get lunch and our wristbands would not accept the PINs we had set at check-in. Linking the wristbands to room, to credit card and to park admission took several hours over 2 days. Eventually, the manager provided extra "fastpass" times for all of us. If you are a light sleeper, request any rooms except 4200-4212. These rooms are nearest to Epcot and you can see the fireworks (but not the show) quite easily. However, these rooms are also above the Boardwalk shops (bakery, etc) and you may hear the delivery trucks backing up early, early, early in the morning. The elevators are a hike; we had rented a scooter for our mom and that made all the difference! She was in the room farthest from the club room and that was inconvenient. Because we had not paid for, nor expected the Club amenities, we were pleased overall. For a large group, this would have been worth the extra money to have a location to gather. The continental breakfast, the happy hour, and the dessert/liqueur events were all above average -- but the best was the staff who facilitated these times. I think we would not have enjoyed our time as much without the congenial hosts who were willing to open another bottle of (cheap) red wine for us!!!
Although I liked the Boardwalk for this particular visit, I think that my recommendation is still Beach Club for visitors without small children. If you need to be closer to the Magic Kingdom, then I would recommend the Bay Club Resort or the Contemporary.

Room tip: Do NOT choose rooms in the range of 4200-4212; you may hear the delivery trucks backing up in the early hours.
2  Thank margaret-emily
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Our opinion...Retirement Home and the Inn from the Shining is the way my teens describe the Disney Boardwalk Inn. It has a creepy vibe.

However, all of that aside, we were shocked when we checked in to find that not only was our room not located in the keyed inkeepers club section, but we were on a different floor. We knew some of the Innkeepers rooms were outside the Inkeepers section and on the 4th floor, but we did not realize they have club level rooms on the third floor. Our room was approximately 50 hotel rooms away from the elevator, so it was quicker for us to use a back staircase (that reminded me of a high school staircase with cinder blocks and linoleum flooring) to enter the Innkeepers Club. Basically, anyone on the third floor could take the backstairs and enter the club level, since the stair entrance is not locked. They do not check magic bands in the actual inkeepers club only at the entrance near the elevator. We have done club level at other hotels and the floor is usually locked by an elevator key.

We did complain, were told that they do have club level rooms on third floor and we were offered the option of checking out by 11 and then getting moved to the 4th floor by 3, but that was a big hassle since we would be without a room for the main part of the day, plus we would have to pack, etc. At no time did anyone from Disney say check out at 11 and we will immediately put you in a new room. The staff in the Inkeepers Club are all super nice and attentive.

The food is ok-breakfast was a nice continental one, but evening was just ok-2 hot choices (spinakopita (i.e., Greek spinach pie) and meatballs one night, pork kabobs and egg rolls another) then peanut butter & jelly rolls, cheese and crackers, etc. Wine was ok, beer selection was better. You are much better off saving your money and not taking advantage of the Innkeepers, especially since you have the Bakery on the Boardwalk. You can see the very top of the fireworks from Illuminations, but just the tops and not the firework show. Basically, don't think you'll save yourself a trip to illuminations by staying at the club level, because you are not really seeing much.

We paid a ton of money to stay there and we had high expectations-we were very disappointed. Our family travels quite a bit and NEVER have I had to complain to a hotel manager and we did at the Boardwalk Inn. Our rate was slightly lower because we called AAA directly-cheaper than calling Disney. We liked the Boardwalk location, but think Yacht or Beachclub would be better-or even consider the Dolphin, since it was the closest hotel to the Boardwalk Inn-very close.

Just remember...if you choose the Boardwalk Inn Club Level Innkeepers Rate-you might be very, very far away from the Innkeepers Club (don't think for one minute making a request on your reservation will help, since we did ask to be near it and not only were we not, but we were placed on a completely different floor). The hotel decor is stuffy-think staying at your grandmother's home and you get the idea. I am sure with a little research you can find a better priced option for your stay at Disney.

Room tip: If you must stay here, get the Boardwalk view, so you can see the nightly entertainment.
5  Thank Ihave2manychildren
Reviewed June 25, 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was very helpful. We got our room quickly and our luggage was delivered to our room. The décor of the hotel is wonderful and well kept. I had read other reviews about it needing updating. Our room was very clean and did not need updating. The location of the hotel can't be beat. 5 minute walk to Epcot and 15 walk to Hollywood Studios. You can also take a boat, but it takes a little longer. There is a continental breakfast at the hotel, but a couple of more places that offer more nearby. The hotel is a little over-priced for what you get, but it's Disney so... Overall, I thought this place was great and would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank superman2177
Reviewed June 24, 2014

After a 4 night stay at the Polynesian, my husband and I stayed two nights at the Boardwalk. The vibe was quite different than the Polynesian. We loved the energy of the Boardwalk, especially at night. The street performers, little stands and shops were simply a delight. The proximity to Epcot was excellent. I had expected more luxury than we encountered. Our room was okay. It was very clean, but dated and in need of renovation soon (the safe locks with a key). The Boardwalk room was also much smaller than our room at the Polynesian. We had a king bed which was a surprise from the two queen beds at the Polynesian. Once in our room, there was noise from being so close to the bus stop, but nothing so bothersome we could not sleep. I did not use the main pool but I did take a walk around and it looked lovely. The lobby and lounges were very clean and the Cast Members were wonderful.

5  Thank ChicagoTravelBug75
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed multiple times at the Boardwalk and it has been great. This time, however, both sinks in the bathroom are cracked and the porcelain in the bathtub is also cracked. The carpet also seems to be worn. The room is in need for refurbishment.

Trip type: Traveled on business