What a wonderful experience I had for my first time at DisneyWorld. The Boardwalk Inn seems to set the stage from the entrance where the bell hops greet you to this beautifully set hotel. We arrived early, so our room was not quite ready. The front desk staff went out of there way to make sure we got into a room that was acceptable for us so we could get to the park....WhooHoo!!
The Boardwalk Bakery was awesome!! The size of the pastries was great and not overdone with sweetness.... Perfect for my tastes. My only helpful hint here is, make sure the hot chocolate machine is turned on before you serve up your cup. Seems it was forgotten daily, it's ok though.... I checked it every morning and flipped the switch for them. No worries.
Our room number was 2339 and other than a long walk to the lobby it was wonderful!! Very quiet. The view was to the courtyard and it was nice sitting out on the balcony after a long day of waking. As far as needing updated.... I found the rooms decor was fine, functional, and clean. The hotels setting is back in the old "boardwalk days", you'll see old penny machines amongst the halls as well. Great decor for that time. They are currently remodeling, not that you'd know it though. I saw one sign that had a hallway closed off and never seen any construction guys around or even heard a peep of noise from it.
Drinks at the pool bar and inside bar are a bit pricey bit then again.... I feel that's designed that way to keep people from "camping out" and getting too intoxicated. If you want to enjoy a few drinks it won't set ya back too much.
Overall, I loved this place. It's location was great for a short walk into Epcot. Transportation to the other parks was very simple and reliable. Staying on site pays for itself with the free refills on non-alcoholic drinks and coming back to the hotel for an afternoon nap before the fireworks.
Also, the boardwalk at night was so much fun... They had jugglers, magicians, etc performing nightly. Plus, the other shops and other restaurants were another great option for food and drinks.
Looking forward to our return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort