1,848 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowinnkeepers clubquiet pooldance hallbeach clubthe busworld showcasewalking distance to epcotespn zoneswan dolphinmagic kingdomcrescent lakefunnel cakefood and wine festival
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have never stayed on Disney property. Initially, aside from the long, long walk down several halls, I didn't have a bad impression. But that was short lived. First off, the room needed a good dusting. The wood work was caked with dirt/dust. There was a problem getting into the laundry room. Upon calling for help, was told that I needed to go to the desk to gain access. Trecked down only to be told that I had talked to someone from the call center and they didn't have the correct information. The gentleman fixed my band so that I was able to enter. I found this rather annoying--took me 45 min to even get around to starting a load of clothes. But even worse was the bathroom problems. Upon arrival, the toilet didn't flush. It was quickly plunged, but still wasn't flushing right. The next day the toilet gushed over the top; flooding the whole bathroom and running on to the carpet. Someone came up to plunge it in an hour or so. It took several hours for someone else to come up to clean up the mess. But the carpet was still soaked and smelled. (This was not due to over use of paper or the like) I felt that for the kind of money paid for this room, we should have been offered another room and been moved. I shouldn't have to ask for such. I didn't request a move because we were leaving the next day and didn't want the kids to miss out on the events of the evening. I have no plans of ever staying here again and strongly advise against anyone staying here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
15  Thank Gary R
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a great trip at The Boardwalk and really loved it. Previous trips with the kids included stays at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas. The location and service were really good and the overall trip was really fun. Pros: location walking or boat to two parks and great service. Food at Kouzinna, Flying Fish, and all the quick service locations was very good to excellent (Flying Fish). Wonderful help with our son who has Cerebral Palsy from all staff. Cons: it was rainy season so a lot of rides and boat service stops when there is lightening ...and there was a lot..do not go on June. The bus service is shared which we knew but it is 5 resorts (Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht clubs, and Swan and Dolphin) for some locations. Fewer would be amazing. The only refills of soda or lemonade are at the bakery and that is a walk. More refill stations are really needed..in room coffee maker is an odd brand for a resort so you need your caffeine elsewhere. The view from our room, which was a standard view was nice and we got fireworks at HS as it was Star Wars weekends. I hope we can stay again at BWI. Great place and we rely relaxed. Nice to have the daybed so our kids could sleep separate.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank lsdoget
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed in the 3 bedroom 2 floor villa. It was very spacious and had a great view out to the boardwalk and properties across the lake. The villa was clean and had anything that you would need in a room. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was delicious and very kid friendly with mickey mouse waffles. All staff was very friendly and helpful. The Boardwalk is great for an evening walk with small entertainment of musicians and magicians.

It is very close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and you can take a quick boat ride to either. A bus ride is needed for Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom (unless you walk through Epcot and take monorail.) Buses are slow and not reliable but usually come every 20-30 minutes.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of Boardwalk outlooking to Epcot, you'll be able to see the fireworks that are done nightly come over the top.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Skipdog24
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed on the 4th floor club level in early June, which was recently updated with new carpet, paint and wallpaper. Our room was a corner room -4257- which was huge. It was the size of about 1 1/2 standard rooms. We had two queen beds and a queen pull out. It was plenty of room for our party of 4 adults and 2 teens (and a ton of luggage). Our room over looked the boardwalk with an amazing view of the lake, Yacht and Beach club, boardwalk and the Magic Kingdom fireworks. If you have a big family, I highly recommend this specific room.
The Innskeepers Lounge provided a continental breakfast (only hot item was oatmeal), snacks at midday (trail mix, cookies, goldfish, soda, water, iced tea, lemonade), appetizers/Greek salads from Kouzzina along with cheese and crackers, soda, water, beer, wine at dinner time and starting at 8pm, desserts, cordials (kahlua, amaretto), soda, wine or beer on request. The staff was so nice and took the time to get to know us. A special thanks to Jackie and Pete!
This hotel is beautiful and looks like it was plucked right out of Atlantic City. The hotel is very spread out, so if your room is not right near an elevator you will be walking a lot. The Boardwalk outside has street performers (they perform inside during the rain), souvenir store, pizza, bakery, and several restaurants. No restaurants are actually in the hotel itself. You can rent family bicycles for $22 a half hour. Just long enough to make two laps around the lake. We crammed 4 adults and 2 teens into one and had a ball. If you time it right, you can watch the Epcot fireworks at 9pm from the bridge that connects the Boardwalk to the Yacht and Beach club.
Overall great service, clean, great location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and beautiful!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Laurie D
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed at the boardwalk inn June 2014. We booked 2 rooms as we had grandparents with us. The staff was friendly and provided good service. However, my parents room the toilet clogged the first night and housekeeping fixed it then the second night the toilet backed up and overflowed into their room and on carpet etc. The staff brought up a plunger and plunged it again and eventually got it working. The staff then carried the plunger with nothing covering it and let it drip on carpet all the way out the door of the room. The toilet had not been overstuffed it just kept backing up. My parents room smelled horrible even after they cleaned it. When we were checking out I spoke with the employees at the front desk and explained they should not book anyone in that room because it smelled and the carpets should be cleaned. The staff then informed me that I should not worry because they were going to be renovating that area and we were the last guests to maybe stay there. I go to Disney 2-3 times per year and always stay on property usually at the hotels on the monorail or animal kingdom villas. This was not my usual Disney experience. I definitely would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family