1,863 results
All reviews flying fish club level espn club pizza window innkeepers club quiet pool dance hall beach club the bus world showcase walking distance to epcot espn zone swan dolphin magic kingdom crescent lake funnel cake food and wine festival
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Recently stayed at the BoardWalk Inn for 5 days with my family. My husband and I had stayed in the vacation club owners area a few years back and were less than thrilled but decided to give the hotel a try since it was close to Epcot and we wanted the entertainment on the boardwalk at night. On the positive side the Disney service was great. My daughter lost her magic band and the concierge desk replaced it quickly. The transportation to the parks was also quite good (bus and boat) and I needed a cab one morning and it was quickly available after walking out the front door. Another plus is that they have 2 laundry rooms (tip: the laundry room near the gym is FREE. You have to pay for laundry on the 3rd floor of the hotel). The pool area is nice with a playground, waterslide and other water features. On 2 of the afternoons there were organized activities at/in the pool for the kids (like trivia contests, etc.). There is a small bar area by the pool where you can get expensive drinks and a few sandwiches. The reason for the 3 stars is that the room was less than spectacular. One of our sinks was peeling inside, it smelled very musty each day and the carpet was a bit sticky. I could've easily overlooked all of these minor issues if I hadn't paid a high price to stay in a Deluxe resort. When I'm paying $300+ per night in Orlando I expect the accommodations to be as deluxe as the price I am paying. My brother had a room on the same floor 4 doors down and it was HUGE. He paid the same price I did and had a walk-in closet and at least 30% more space. Another disappointment although no fault of Disney's is that it rained every single day so the entertainment on the boardwalk was non-existent. A couple tips: the bar on the 2nd floor has great service as well and you can sit outside on the porch and enjoy a nightcap after a long day at the parks. In the morning, this same area serves the same food the bakery on the boardwalk does WITHOUT the long lines.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank TCento
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This resort is a great base for the parks especially Epcot as it's only a short walk or boat ride away. We only stayed here for one night at the end of our 3 week holiday I would say of the 4 Disney resorts we stayed in this was the best for location however our favourite overall was Kidani at AK. The only negative I had about this resort were the rooms. We stayed in 1 bed villas which was pleasantly decorated and furnished and clean however ours was ready for an update for example worn carpets and the bathroom was the most tired area as the sealant rim of the shower was very discoloured and similar on the toilet and sink. As we were only here for 1 night it didn't bother me but I think if I'd been here longer I would of been a little disappointed with the quality of the room as we had very good villas at AK and Saratoga Springs, which I have also reviewed. Having said that they are only small negatives and due to its location we are planning on using this resort for our next trip due to its location.
The staff on the desk were very helpful as we had some problems with our magic bands couldn't fault them. One other detail to take into consideration is that the dining for this resort is what's on the broadwalk which there is a good choice however if in the situation that you want something quick there isn't really I sit down quick service there are kiosks selling quick food but the seating is limited and of course the broadwalk is very busy with guests from other resorts. Choices for sit down either require a reservation in advance as popular or those that don't do reservations eg espn club and the big river grille are very popular that the wait time was approx 40mins on the evening that we stayed in the broadwalk.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank R W
Reviewed May 27, 2014

First of all, my main purpose for this visit was for business. However, I was lucky to be able to bring my wife, daughter and my sister-in-law along. It took the front desk over 30 minutes to complete the registration process while the rest of my party was waiting in the car). The wait was mostly caused by adding the additionnal people to the reservation and creating their bracelets. Once all was complete, I mentionned to the front desk that the rest of my party was leaving on Thursday instead of Friday which caused much more adjustments, etc. The room was super clean and the area was nice and felt very safe, which was good cause as I wasn't always around. Very weak wifi was a big issue for me. If this place is to host conferences, they must fix their wifi. In had it checked twice and everytime they would confirm that it was ok...however...very poor signal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Eric F
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I am a Disney nut, but have never stayed on property. I am so glad we did this time! It was only my boyfriend and I, we really adored the resort and the impecable service! Of course, done in Disney's way, you feel immersed in a time gone by, olde time Atlantic City. Music, sights and food, all there to sweep you away. The beauty of the water and and the buildings themselves instantly relax you. The margarita stand on the boardwalk sold delicious and generous concoctions- perfect for sipping on your walk to Epcot. the proximity to Epcot spoiled me and we could see most of the Illuminations fireworks nightly. I recommend you book here, reserve dinner at Flying Fish and have a fantastic vacation as only Disney can do!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole N
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located at short boat ride from either Epcot or Disney Hollywood studios. In addition there are some great restaurants, shops, and attractions on the boardwalk which is attached to the hotel. The rooms are very nice, but it looks like a few things in there were getting a bit dated. The hotel is very spread out, so it could be a bit of a walk to your room. The only other major flaw was the safe, which is much too small to hold a laptop so plan accordingly.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business