“A real hidden surprise”

Ranked #64 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Manchester, Connecticut
“A real hidden surprise”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have stayed at most of the Disney resorts on property. Our last trip was a last minute get away so our choices were limited. We have stayed at the Boardwalk villas many times but not the Inn. So lovely and quiet back there. There are sweet cottages in the back overlooking beautiful gardens and a pool that other guests seem to be unaware of. The rooms are very large with two queen beds and a pullout couch. Very well appointed. Give this a try for a quiet get away.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden or water view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Laura T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great location. At Disney's Boardwalk Inn, you're within walking distance of EPCOT and a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. You're also near night life (piano bar and nigh club). There are also entertainers on the boardwalk performing little shows. Nice touch. There are SEVERAL restaurants on the Boardwalk. This is much better than staying at resorts where there are only one or two places to eat near by. You don't feel as isolated on the boardwalk as you do other Disney resorts. Very comfortable beds and good sized rooms.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very knowledgeable and always available.

The resort is beautiful and we enjoyed walking around and sitting on the balcony. There is also a huge veranda on the hotel facing the boardwalk. That was lovely. We had a "garden view" and to me that means "parking lot view" but we actually had a nice little courtyard room.

My only complaint is that taking luggage up to the room myself was a struggle. Parking lots can be far away and it was a hike to our room. I mean, a VERY long walk to our room. A few of our friends were staying at Yacht and Beach at the same time and they had similar frustrations about the distance from elevator to room. If possible, I'd request a room that wasn't as much of a hassle.

We got a really good room rate (booked with a very very large group), so I considered the trip a true value, but I'd try to avoid rake rate, if possible. If we didn't get this rate, we'd be staying off site. Its a deluxe resort, but I wouldn't call it "luxurious" for the price (as compared to other resorts with a similar price tag per night). The way Disney sees it, you're paying for great location, entertainment, and quality service. I'd say you get all these things for your money.

One more note, Disney is in the process of changing in-room fridges. The Boardwalk has been updated so you should have a minifridge.

Room Tip: A lot of rooms are a major hike! If you can afford it, have bell service assist you (but keep in mi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kristen B
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the club level and the room was perfect. Staff was processional and really friendly. We love the location because you can walk to Epcot. We enjoy walking back to the hotel after Illuminations at Epcot and you do not have to fight the crowds.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scotp44023
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our third stay at this hotel and my wife and I have never enjoyed a hotel stay more. The room (1 bedroom suite) was spotless - as always - and everyone we had dealings with - to the people outside welcoming guests, to the desk clerk(s), to the housekeeping staff, to the room service people, were awesome - very friendly (without being overbearing) and helpful.
We had originally decided to try another hotel this time, but after making those reservations, changed them to the Boardwalk. It is conveniently located to Epcot, where we like to go, and transportation to other parks is very simple and varied, with boats or buses wherever you want to go.
If we had any complaints - and this is so minor as to be almost not worth mentioning - it would be the bus trip from the airport and having to stop at several other hotels before getting to ours. It would be nice to be able to hop on a bus or a van to go straight to the hotel without all the other stops, but if that's our only complaint (and it is), we can live with it. We could rent a limo or hire a cab if we were that upset, but it costs enough to go to Disney World without going broke paying for them, right?
Great hotel - all around. Great place to stay and enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Paul M
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fair warning, this is not a hotel for those easily distracted by noise. It is a hotel for sound sleeping families who are enthusiastically willing to sacrifice peace and quiet in order to be in the center of the action. Each evening, upon return from the parks, we would pour ourselves a glass of wine and retreat to the balcony to people-watch and enjoy the boardwalk performers as they entertained passing guests. And while the early morning boat whistles, boardwalk power washers and Boardwalk Bakery diners were certainly sleep awakening events, the activity served as our informal alarm clock that allowed us to maximize our time during our visit. So, in that respect, we loved it.

We have stayed in many Disney resorts, mostly deluxe, and this room was among my favorite, second only to Bay Lake Towers. It is huge, light, airy and well maintained with beautiful theming. The hotel lobby and pool areas are smaller and more intimate than other resorts, which to me was a plus. Additionally, because the hotel's restaurants and stores are essentially outside of the hotel on the boardwalk, the lobby doesn't get nearly as crowded as the Beach and Yacht clubs. As others have said, the convenience of walking or boating to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Swan and Dolphin hotels (which, in my opinion, have far superior dining options to the Disney hotels) is a fantastic perk.

The front desk and valet staff are among the best Disney has to offer. However, the reason this review is a 4 instead of a 5 is because the concierge staff I interacted with on this particular trip were noticeably "cranky," which was blamed on the numerous issues with the newly implemented Magic Bands, which I can certainly understand. However, what I can't understand is why they seemed reluctant to help us with dining reservations, initially referring us to the website before agreeing to help us identify a last minute cancellation for character dining for the following day. I found that response to be particularly frustrating because I have sent many many many many complaints to Disney management regarding their horrendous dining plan and mandatory reservation policy, which just doesn't work for my family. When again explaining this to a Disney staff member prior to our arrival, I was told that concierge was ready and willing to help families such as myself with last minute dining plans so we weren't subjected to quick dining options for every meal, an issue that almost ruined a previous Disney vacation. I was specifically told to check the website first, and if I wasn't successful, visit concierge early in the morning and they would be happy to assist. Yes, they were more successful than I in securing us a reservation, but no, they weren't happy about it,

Despite the ongoing battle with Disney dining, this was definitely one of the best Disney resort experiences we ever had, and would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Marie C
London
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was a surprise for me as I was due to stay at this hotel and the Hard Rock Hotel in the same visit and fully expected to prefer the Hard Rock. I was wrong. I loved this hotel.

It was a little old fashioned, and some areas looked a little dated, but I felt this added to the 50/60's vibe that was going on around the grounds. The Boardwalk is fantastic, with beautiful scenery, EPCOT just a few minutes walk away, various shops, bars and restaurants. Didn't manage to get into the pool, but it looked good fun, with the slide themed around a classic wooden roller coaster. The reception had a few things to look at and the bar was nice. The bar balcony was good as you could see the EPCOT fireworks and Hollywood Studios was just around the corner!

Loved the whole time I stayed here, and didn't really want to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jonnykeogh
Rhode island
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The rooms were nice, neat and clean. The service is top-notch. Who doesn't love Mickey ears on their bed. We had a standard view room but requested being on the boardwalk really nice to see Fireworks every night only down part is the noise late into the night.

Location wise for Epcot and Hollywood studios can't be beat. Either walk or take the boat. Certainly beats waiting for a bus! Which brings me to only really bad part of the resort. Buses to Downtown Disney are always packed since it shares with Yacht, Beach Clubs, Dolphin and Swan. Buses to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom shares with Swan and Dolphin to can be packed also in the mornings, afternoons usually not too bad. Also weekday and weekend crowds also vary widely.

The value really is in the location, pool and amentities. If you like the amentities this is defintely is the place for you since lots too do by the pool, on the boardwalk-flying fish, cat Cora, ESPN club.

If you are looking for just a place to rest your head for the night probably not the place for you since it is defintely a resort geared towards vacationers visiting Disney, but if these are your plans tho defintely ranks as one of the top 5 disney hotels to stay at.

• Stayed October 2013