As annual passholders, we continuously stay at various resorts to experience all they have to offer. This was our first stay at the Boardwalk, but it came highly recommended.
First of all, to be within 5 minutes of Epcot's World Showcase was pretty incredible. We simply walked there from the hotel and entered close to France. Fantastic! We walked to Hollywood Studios within about 15 minutes or so (we do walk briskly, however), and the walk itself was quite pleasant - devoid of lines, crowds, etc., the entire way there.
The resort itself is full of old-world charm and elegance. Period music is heard throughout, along with wonderful period furniture and other assorted decor. Valeting the car and check-in was pleasant, and we received our bags within about 10 minutes of getting to our room. A call was placed to us first to make sure we were there and ready.
Some minor gripes about the room: a crack in the left-side sink was a bit of an eyesore, and the outlets by the sink either didn't work (the left one) or were loose, with screws coming out (the right side one). That's it, though. Everything else in the room was classy and comfortable. Note that if you want to use the coffeemaker, you'll need to place it on the sink area to plug in.
Other reviews have said getting around the resort can be a bit of a pain since it's so large. I can see that happening, but for us, we didn't have any such issue. Getting from our room out to the boardwalk (and thus, on our way to Epcot) took maybe 5 minutes.
My only other "issue" is one I have with several Disney properties: a lack of any real "breakfast" place close-by. Some baked goods were available on the boardwalk itself, but the bakery there was closed for renovation. We had to truck it to Epcot, then since the World Showcase wasn't open, over to a spot to eat in "The Land". It was a bit of a trek. Keep this in mind.
Overall, though, we enjoyed the stay and enjoyed the property. I wasn't "wowed" enough to make it my "have to stay at" place, but then again, I'm still looking for that one. We'll check out other Disney resorts in the next few months. However, our stay at Boardwalk was pleasant, and we certainly have no regrets about it. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort