We have stayed at several properties in Disneyworld through the years. We are crazy Disney fans! The Boardwalk is the most like an actual hotel that we have experienced, and the position is unbeatable.
You can easily walk to Epcot and Studios and you feel as though Boardwalk is basically in the middle. Of course there are boats to both, but we never took them because it was only a 15 minute walk.
Also, now that there are new rules saying you have to use fast-passes in the allocated time, you can actually still hop between the two parks without waiting for the slow Disney Transport, which I must admit always drives us a little insane.
I think access to the Magic Kingdom will always be an issue unless you are staying at the Contemporary. We have stayed there a couple of times and Magic Kingdom is an easy walk. You cannot walk from the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian and that used to annoy us when the monorail was experiencing difficulties.
We love luxury hotels in the real world, but I have yet to find what I would consider luxury in Disney hotels and resorts in the USA. We have had the same small bathroom with a low bath and a shower over the bath in every one of the properties where we have stayed in Orlando and in California Disney hotels. Once we accepted that luxury, in the standard of let's say New York, Paris, Las Vegas or Tokyo, doesn't exist and we just have to live with it, it made it a whole heap easier to be happy.
We stayed on the concierge level which was good and I would recommend it. The staff were very helpful. There was an added security door and we had a room overlooking the boardwalk, which I enjoyed but which was noisy at times. We were there at Xmas though!
We will likely not be back in Orlando until 2014, but I would definitely choose the Boardwalk for our next trip. The position is everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort