My wife, I and our two boys (aged 6 and 1) spent two nights at the Boardwalk Inn from March 11-13 and really enjoyed ourselves.
Check in was very smooth, although we ended up getting a room about as far away as possible from the main entrance. But the good walk gave us a chance to see more of the grounds and actually found a few spots we might not have seen if we were close to reception -- the secondary "main" entrance with grandiose stairs & entranceway, another quiet pool and a picturesque view of the Eiffel Tower at Epcot France over the trees from our balcony.
Room: spacious enough to accommodate my 1 year olds crib and my son using the day bed, we had lots of room. Good size bathroom, and evening turn down service was very nice. Funny note.. for some reason, the halls were incredibly cold. That a/c was blasting and we wore sweaters while walking the halls.
Being steps from the Boardwalk, Epcot and boat to Hollywood Studios, is, as everyone says, a huge plus for staying here. The night time entertainment as well as tandem bike rides and carnival type games were loads of fun for all of us.
Did find the restaurant choices to be okay but limited, thus finding a table not as easily accessible as we would hope. Finding a sit down breakfast was a bit of a challenge, with just Spoodles serving, and packed each time. Alternate was an over priced over the counter grab from the Bakery. Tasty but not satisfying enough.
We didn't have same problems at dinner time as I had made reservations ahead of time. Big River Grille was what we expected from a pub type establishment, tasty and large portions.
Spoodles was a bit disappointing. Service and atmosphere was fine, but found the food a bit bland.
The pool was amazing, we loved the Keister Coaster, a long fun waterslide that my son did over and over. The pool was spacious as well, never felt crowded and always found chairs.
We enjoyed the Boardwalk Inn, but seeing that the Beach Club right next door is the same price, we find it to be the best option in the Epcot resort area. So much so, we spent our next 3 days at Disney at the Beach Club. Will write a review there as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Orbitz, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort