“Great Choice for Epcot and Hollywood Studios Access”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #54 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
“Great Choice for Epcot and Hollywood Studios Access”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I selected the Boardwalk for my stay because it was one of the two Deluxe resorts I had not stayed in yet and because it is within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The ability to go back to your room, say for a jacket in the evening, without it being a two hour process on Disney transportation is a huge advantage.
The Boardwalk decor makes me think of a well-to-do Great Aunt's seaside house (lots of antique knickknacks on display) but it manages to come across as cheerful and inviting. At the end of my hallway was a cute sitting area with chairs worthy of a curl up with a good book and a tea service cart. The main pool has a carnval theme with elephants spouting water, a carousel themed snack bar, and a water slide that exits through a clown face (personally, I find clowns kind of creepy but I'm sure the intention was cheerful). Even at the fitness center the walls have yellow and red stripes and the weight machines are upholstered in bright blue.
Speaking of the fitness center, it was fairly decent for a hotel gym. There were 4 elipticals, 4 treadmills, 1 stair climber, 3 cyles, 2 sets of free weights, and other various machines. There was also a sauna and a steam room but these (as well as the bathrooms) were locked when I was there at 5am. You can easily use the path around Cresent Lake or the path to Hollywood Studios for jogging.
My room was in the main building so I had easy access to the Boardwalk area, the bus service station, etc. When I went downstairs to check out the quiet pool for my area I found it in a peaceful courtyard surrounded by cottage suites that looked like they were specifically designed for honeymooners. Each had a picket fence with a trellis and a gate design with roses or doves. Very charming.
While there is not restaurant within the resort itself, you can get morning rolls and coffee at the Belle Vue Lounge. There are plenty of eating options on the Boardwalk or at the other nearby Epcot Resorts. The Boardwalk also has an area with carnival type games and street performers in the evening.
The only disadvantage I experienced was the shared bus service with other resorts. The multiple stops can really eat up time. It seems to me that if you are paying to stay in a Deluxe Resort, a bus service exclusive to your resort should be de rigueur.
Of all the Epcot Resorts, I found the Boardwalk to have the most character, the best access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and the most variety of entertainments. I find it highly likely that I will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank IMBELLE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
raynham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

A package deal is the way to go for all the seperate costs of dinning, park passes and hotel stays. We hadn't been to Disney in a few years and things had changed a lot, water shuttle to Epcot and Disney studios was a big help. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable with a patio. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are close to Front desk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a great room with balcony view of epcot fireworks each night. We walked into epcot & took the boat back. We like this hotel better than yaht & beach club hotels because their hallways are dark, creepy & maze-like. The boardwalk is bright, cheery, & modern. Check in desk lady was blahh - not the usual really happy, friendly Disney employee. There was another disney guest at the desk with a problem & the desk staff wasn't very happy or friendly to him either. The self park is a pain, but most of these deluxe Disney resorts are - long walks & we drag our luggage along because it seems that trying to check in early that the rooms are never ready - leave luggage in car until room is ready. The quiet pool was WONDERFULL - went out to the pool every night - clean, quiet, towels available at pool, nice modern clean restrooms, warm water & had a jacuzzi too! ESPN zone was fun - but pricey - great grilled fish sandwich - no beer specials.

Room Tip: Get the least expensive room & enjoy the views by the pools or boardwalk
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, the boardwalk outside has great restaurants and shops and it right on a little lake which is very pretty. Can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well as to the Dolphin and Swan hotels. The room was very well laid out. Only complaint is the bed was a little hard. Would return.

• Stayed November 2012
oldsmar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I will begin at the first impression. when I first arrived, the valet was very rude, impersonal, and seemed bothered by the fact that we had luggage. He was also bothered by my asking where to park, to which he explained in a very hasty and patronizing manner. Then the parking was another issue, every day. That valet told me to exit the roundabout (hotel entrance) and make a left, then a right (whew!). He also explained that there would be a sign that said lot full, but to go right on ahead inside and find a spot. there were many. Back to the luggage: It took over an hour, and 2 phone calls to the front desk to get the luggage brought up to the room. I had a 4 and 6 year old with me who were tired and hungry, and they made us wait from 9:45 to approx 10:40.
The room was not "luxury" or "deluxe". No microwave, not even after requesting one. The mini fridge was in an amoire type piece of furniture, and the door to shut it had to be slammed very hard, and still would not always close. the bed was ok. the pillows were probably the best part. the sofa pillows smelled terribly though. But it was not a large room at all. The coffee pot only worked with little round tea bag sized packets, so I could not even use my own coffee.
The view from the room at night was nice because of the fireworks we could see from the balcony. Free wifi was good.
Parking- This is the fist hotel I have stayed at that had its guests park so far away. The guest parking is next to the entrance (the one with the mechanical arm and the guard), and downhill from the hotel. So you have at least a 10 minute walk, UPHILL, after you finally find parking. they actually do have a closer parking, but choose to keep a "lot closed" sign in fron of it. Even though this closer parking had several visibly emptly parking spaces, they would not let me park there because they said it was for the convention center. This was the next day after I arrived. I pointed out that the sign did not specify, nor was it specified anywhere, that it was only for the boardwalk convention center, as well as the fact that I had already parked there and that the valet had directed me to park there. The parking attendants' reply was "He shouldn't have told you to park here" and "sorry lot is closed".
Room service employees were friendly. They seemed to be the only ones.
So in summary, I will never stay here again, and I will tell everyone I know about my lousy experience. I will also post this review on every single review site I can, as well as let the hotel management know. Although I have the impression that they don't even care. I am so upset by the whole parking situation that I wrote the review before even checking out. This is the first hotel I have been to that tried their best to make guests feel uncomfortable. You will get better service and closer parking at a cheap hotel or motel along international drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank j l
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here with points from The Disney Vacation Club. We had a great time at this hotel. The carnival theme is very fun. The lobby looks good even though the carpet could use some updating. The clown/roller coaster slide is fun and festive. However the water was very cold (stayed in mid October) . It did not seem to be heated or maintained at 84 degrees as Disney claims. Walking on the boardwalk was really nice. The crisp, fall air felt really good. The shops on the boardwalk kept everyone in our party intrigued enough. There were enough places for everyone to grab what they wanted to eat. We did not go for a sit-down meal. We simply bought food from the stands and ate at one of the many tables outside. We took a boat ride to kill some time which, of course, is free. The boat goes to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The hotel is also within walking distance to Epcot if you feel up to it. The kids played in the game room for a while. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. It kept them busy for a good amount of time. The fun (sarcastic) part started when we returned to the room. The pull out couch felt like you were sleeping on metal covered by a sheet. The bed was a little better but the springs were also popping out of it. We were too tired after a long day on the boardwalk to complain. Unfortunately the next day we were all exhausted due to a poor sleep. My only suggestion is, check the room first before hitting the boardwalk. Everything else was good. A deluxe studio was big enough for four of us and we'll equipped with everything we needed. May I add that the staff there is WONDERFUL! We had stopped by a few days before our stay and they actually remembered us when we returned. Be sure to use the online check in to save time. We are going back in March. Hopefully the pool will be warmer and we'll get a room with more comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Check the beds as soon as you enter the room! We saw the fireworks from our room which was cool. I d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank touchedbynangl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Poor attitude of valet, front desk and concierge has prompted me to cross this hotel off my list. Never again. The hotel is lovely in a great location. The rooms are spotless. We stayed in a two story villa. Clean and spacious. The bed was fair, not what you'd expect for this supposedly luxury hotel. Well stocked toiletries. Nice pleasant housekeeper who was concerned that the room was adequate. Food at this hotel is an issue. In house restaurants are very high priced. There are multiple restaurants attached to the boardwalk, prices and quality varies, but found all sit down restaurants with the exception of ESPN, were in no hurry to seat you telling you it's a 1-2 hr wait, but a good concierge could get you right in. It's a nice hotel, convient to Epcot and MGM , but would recommend going to Yacht and Beach Clib, across the lake or the Grand Floridian. At least they bend over backward to make you feel welcome, as every Disney hotel has in the past. The staff in the valet area, the front desk and the concierge areas all need to go back to the Disney School of Etiquette. I'll never consider stating there again.

• Stayed October 2012