“Great location”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #69 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A package deal is the way to go for all the seperate costs of dinning, park passes and hotel stays. We hadn't been to Disney in a few years and things had changed a lot, water shuttle to Epcot and Disney studios was a big help. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable with a patio. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are close to Front desk.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a great room with balcony view of epcot fireworks each night. We walked into epcot & took the boat back. We like this hotel better than yaht & beach club hotels because their hallways are dark, creepy & maze-like. The boardwalk is bright, cheery, & modern. Check in desk lady was blahh - not the usual really happy, friendly Disney employee. There was another disney guest at the desk with a problem & the desk staff wasn't very happy or friendly to him either. The self park is a pain, but most of these deluxe Disney resorts are - long walks & we drag our luggage along because it seems that trying to check in early that the rooms are never ready - leave luggage in car until room is ready. The quiet pool was WONDERFULL - went out to the pool every night - clean, quiet, towels available at pool, nice modern clean restrooms, warm water & had a jacuzzi too! ESPN zone was fun - but pricey - great grilled fish sandwich - no beer specials.

Room Tip: Get the least expensive room & enjoy the views by the pools or boardwalk
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, the boardwalk outside has great restaurants and shops and it right on a little lake which is very pretty. Can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well as to the Dolphin and Swan hotels. The room was very well laid out. Only complaint is the bed was a little hard. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I will begin at the first impression. when I first arrived, the valet was very rude, impersonal, and seemed bothered by the fact that we had luggage. He was also bothered by my asking where to park, to which he explained in a very hasty and patronizing manner. Then the parking was another issue, every day. That valet told me to exit the roundabout (hotel entrance) and make a left, then a right (whew!). He also explained that there would be a sign that said lot full, but to go right on ahead inside and find a spot. there were many. Back to the luggage: It took over an hour, and 2 phone calls to the front desk to get the luggage brought up to the room. I had a 4 and 6 year old with me who were tired and hungry, and they made us wait from 9:45 to approx 10:40.
The room was not "luxury" or "deluxe". No microwave, not even after requesting one. The mini fridge was in an amoire type piece of furniture, and the door to shut it had to be slammed very hard, and still would not always close. the bed was ok. the pillows were probably the best part. the sofa pillows smelled terribly though. But it was not a large room at all. The coffee pot only worked with little round tea bag sized packets, so I could not even use my own coffee.
The view from the room at night was nice because of the fireworks we could see from the balcony. Free wifi was good.
Parking- This is the fist hotel I have stayed at that had its guests park so far away. The guest parking is next to the entrance (the one with the mechanical arm and the guard), and downhill from the hotel. So you have at least a 10 minute walk, UPHILL, after you finally find parking. they actually do have a closer parking, but choose to keep a "lot closed" sign in fron of it. Even though this closer parking had several visibly emptly parking spaces, they would not let me park there because they said it was for the convention center. This was the next day after I arrived. I pointed out that the sign did not specify, nor was it specified anywhere, that it was only for the boardwalk convention center, as well as the fact that I had already parked there and that the valet had directed me to park there. The parking attendants' reply was "He shouldn't have told you to park here" and "sorry lot is closed".
Room service employees were friendly. They seemed to be the only ones.
So in summary, I will never stay here again, and I will tell everyone I know about my lousy experience. I will also post this review on every single review site I can, as well as let the hotel management know. Although I have the impression that they don't even care. I am so upset by the whole parking situation that I wrote the review before even checking out. This is the first hotel I have been to that tried their best to make guests feel uncomfortable. You will get better service and closer parking at a cheap hotel or motel along international drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank j l
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here with points from The Disney Vacation Club. We had a great time at this hotel. The carnival theme is very fun. The lobby looks good even though the carpet could use some updating. The clown/roller coaster slide is fun and festive. However the water was very cold (stayed in mid October) . It did not seem to be heated or maintained at 84 degrees as Disney claims. Walking on the boardwalk was really nice. The crisp, fall air felt really good. The shops on the boardwalk kept everyone in our party intrigued enough. There were enough places for everyone to grab what they wanted to eat. We did not go for a sit-down meal. We simply bought food from the stands and ate at one of the many tables outside. We took a boat ride to kill some time which, of course, is free. The boat goes to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The hotel is also within walking distance to Epcot if you feel up to it. The kids played in the game room for a while. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. It kept them busy for a good amount of time. The fun (sarcastic) part started when we returned to the room. The pull out couch felt like you were sleeping on metal covered by a sheet. The bed was a little better but the springs were also popping out of it. We were too tired after a long day on the boardwalk to complain. Unfortunately the next day we were all exhausted due to a poor sleep. My only suggestion is, check the room first before hitting the boardwalk. Everything else was good. A deluxe studio was big enough for four of us and we'll equipped with everything we needed. May I add that the staff there is WONDERFUL! We had stopped by a few days before our stay and they actually remembered us when we returned. Be sure to use the online check in to save time. We are going back in March. Hopefully the pool will be warmer and we'll get a room with more comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Check the beds as soon as you enter the room! We saw the fireworks from our room which was cool. I d...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank touchedbynangl
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Poor attitude of valet, front desk and concierge has prompted me to cross this hotel off my list. Never again. The hotel is lovely in a great location. The rooms are spotless. We stayed in a two story villa. Clean and spacious. The bed was fair, not what you'd expect for this supposedly luxury hotel. Well stocked toiletries. Nice pleasant housekeeper who was concerned that the room was adequate. Food at this hotel is an issue. In house restaurants are very high priced. There are multiple restaurants attached to the boardwalk, prices and quality varies, but found all sit down restaurants with the exception of ESPN, were in no hurry to seat you telling you it's a 1-2 hr wait, but a good concierge could get you right in. It's a nice hotel, convient to Epcot and MGM , but would recommend going to Yacht and Beach Clib, across the lake or the Grand Floridian. At least they bend over backward to make you feel welcome, as every Disney hotel has in the past. The staff in the valet area, the front desk and the concierge areas all need to go back to the Disney School of Etiquette. I'll never consider stating there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ironman1991
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We recently spend another indulgent week at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. This is the first time I've ever repeated myself staying at a Disney resort, so this already speaks highly of the property. This was also our second club-level stay, and those aren't cheap at WDW, so we must have had an amazing time during the first go-around to invest that kind of money again. We had just come from a whirlwind weekend at Disney's Beach Club which became my very....very close second favorite, but now, a month after being at home, with time to really think about it, by a tiny smidgen, I prefer the Boardwalk.

Inn and Public Areas:
Disney hits elegance and luxury on the head with this hotel. From the porte cochere to the lobby, to the hallways, the lobby bar and the immaculate grounds, you feel the 1920's-40's Atlantic City theme, but it's never overdone or gaudy. We particularly like the Bellevue Lounge off the lobby and strolling the Boardwalk in the morning is particularly peaceful, while at night, it's a feast for the eyes.

Restaurants:
We've now eaten at all the restaurants at the Boardwalk with the exception of the ESPN Club. I can HIGHLY recommend Flying Fish Cafe, and Kouzzina for breakfast. Leaping Horse Libations is also a highly inspired pool bar.

Pool(s):
Yeah, the clown is a little freaky, but the pool complex is really neat, and again, carries the Boardwalk theming without hitting you over the head with it. The pool always feels refreshing, even in August...which is a feat some Disney hotels can't achieve. After the Beach and Yacht Club, this is my favorite pool. The view from atop the clown slide is also killer. The quiet pool on the Inn side of the property is an oasis of calm and beauty. I love the quiet garden views here.

Staff:
Outstanding...from Patsy our housekeeper, to Jackie, J.J., Anita and Jese in the Innkeepers Club Lounge, to our magnificent server at Flying Fish, to the Bell Services team, the staff here is top notch...with one notable exception...and this almost pushed my star-rating down to 4 instead of 5. For 2 years now, we've arrived at Boardwalk only to be ignored. Their greeting staff is either understaffed, inefficient, or poorly executed in general. Even the cheapest rooms here go for $300+/night, and that price, you should be warmly greeted and not left to flounder for where you need to go upon entering the lobby. The Beach Club, Coronado Springs, The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian have all had excellent greeters....Boardwalk needs to catch up in this department.

Location:
The best...period. The Epcot Resort Loop (BW, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) can not be beat. Walking or boating to Epcot and Hollywood studios is a breeze and we never waited for more than 5 minutes for busses everywhere else.

Rooms:
I love the rooms here. Again...elegant..themed....but understated. The rooms look very luxurious, and the bedding and pillows are first rate. I love the framed old-timey postcards on the wall, and the magnificent artwork depicting how Fantasyland would have looked in the 1920's if it had been around. The bathrooms are gorgeous, and this year, we booked a deluxe room which afforded us a sitting area with a full-sized couch, a 2nd TV and again....a gorgeous view. I could sit on that balcony forever..and ever...and a day.

I can't wait to go back to this first-rate Disney property again and again.

Room Tip: Pay for a water-view room if you can afford it, and if that's not in the cards, ask for a view o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends