Disney's BoardWalk Inn
$127
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$493
$391
Travelocity
1,791 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowquiet poolinnkeepers clubdance hallbeach clubwalking distance to epcotworld showcasethe busespn zonemagic kingdomswan dolphincrescent lakeshort walkfunnel cake
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, the boardwalk outside has great restaurants and shops and it right on a little lake which is very pretty. Can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well as to the Dolphin and Swan hotels. The room was very well laid out. Only complaint is the bed was a little hard. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I will begin at the first impression. when I first arrived, the valet was very rude, impersonal, and seemed bothered by the fact that we had luggage. He was also bothered by my asking where to park, to which he explained in a very hasty and patronizing manner. Then the parking was another issue, every day. That valet told me to exit the roundabout (hotel entrance) and make a left, then a right (whew!). He also explained that there would be a sign that said lot full, but to go right on ahead inside and find a spot. there were many. Back to the luggage: It took over an hour, and 2 phone calls to the front desk to get the luggage brought up to the room. I had a 4 and 6 year old with me who were tired and hungry, and they made us wait from 9:45 to approx 10:40.
The room was not "luxury" or "deluxe". No microwave, not even after requesting one. The mini fridge was in an amoire type piece of furniture, and the door to shut it had to be slammed very hard, and still would not always close. the bed was ok. the pillows were probably the best part. the sofa pillows smelled terribly though. But it was not a large room at all. The coffee pot only worked with little round tea bag sized packets, so I could not even use my own coffee.
The view from the room at night was nice because of the fireworks we could see from the balcony. Free wifi was good.
Parking- This is the fist hotel I have stayed at that had its guests park so far away. The guest parking is next to the entrance (the one with the mechanical arm and the guard), and downhill from the hotel. So you have at least a 10 minute walk, UPHILL, after you finally find parking. they actually do have a closer parking, but choose to keep a "lot closed" sign in fron of it. Even though this closer parking had several visibly emptly parking spaces, they would not let me park there because they said it was for the convention center. This was the next day after I arrived. I pointed out that the sign did not specify, nor was it specified anywhere, that it was only for the boardwalk convention center, as well as the fact that I had already parked there and that the valet had directed me to park there. The parking attendants' reply was "He shouldn't have told you to park here" and "sorry lot is closed".
Room service employees were friendly. They seemed to be the only ones.
So in summary, I will never stay here again, and I will tell everyone I know about my lousy experience. I will also post this review on every single review site I can, as well as let the hotel management know. Although I have the impression that they don't even care. I am so upset by the whole parking situation that I wrote the review before even checking out. This is the first hotel I have been to that tried their best to make guests feel uncomfortable. You will get better service and closer parking at a cheap hotel or motel along international drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank j l
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Poor attitude of valet, front desk and concierge has prompted me to cross this hotel off my list. Never again. The hotel is lovely in a great location. The rooms are spotless. We stayed in a two story villa. Clean and spacious. The bed was fair, not what you'd expect for this supposedly luxury hotel. Well stocked toiletries. Nice pleasant housekeeper who was concerned that the room was adequate. Food at this hotel is an issue. In house restaurants are very high priced. There are multiple restaurants attached to the boardwalk, prices and quality varies, but found all sit down restaurants with the exception of ESPN, were in no hurry to seat you telling you it's a 1-2 hr wait, but a good concierge could get you right in. It's a nice hotel, convient to Epcot and MGM , but would recommend going to Yacht and Beach Clib, across the lake or the Grand Floridian. At least they bend over backward to make you feel welcome, as every Disney hotel has in the past. The staff in the valet area, the front desk and the concierge areas all need to go back to the Disney School of Etiquette. I'll never consider stating there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ironman1991
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We recently spend another indulgent week at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. This is the first time I've ever repeated myself staying at a Disney resort, so this already speaks highly of the property. This was also our second club-level stay, and those aren't cheap at WDW, so we must have had an amazing time during the first go-around to invest that kind of money again. We had just come from a whirlwind weekend at Disney's Beach Club which became my very....very close second favorite, but now, a month after being at home, with time to really think about it, by a tiny smidgen, I prefer the Boardwalk.

Inn and Public Areas:
Disney hits elegance and luxury on the head with this hotel. From the porte cochere to the lobby, to the hallways, the lobby bar and the immaculate grounds, you feel the 1920's-40's Atlantic City theme, but it's never overdone or gaudy. We particularly like the Bellevue Lounge off the lobby and strolling the Boardwalk in the morning is particularly peaceful, while at night, it's a feast for the eyes.

Restaurants:
We've now eaten at all the restaurants at the Boardwalk with the exception of the ESPN Club. I can HIGHLY recommend Flying Fish Cafe, and Kouzzina for breakfast. Leaping Horse Libations is also a highly inspired pool bar.

Pool(s):
Yeah, the clown is a little freaky, but the pool complex is really neat, and again, carries the Boardwalk theming without hitting you over the head with it. The pool always feels refreshing, even in August...which is a feat some Disney hotels can't achieve. After the Beach and Yacht Club, this is my favorite pool. The view from atop the clown slide is also killer. The quiet pool on the Inn side of the property is an oasis of calm and beauty. I love the quiet garden views here.

Staff:
Outstanding...from Patsy our housekeeper, to Jackie, J.J., Anita and Jese in the Innkeepers Club Lounge, to our magnificent server at Flying Fish, to the Bell Services team, the staff here is top notch...with one notable exception...and this almost pushed my star-rating down to 4 instead of 5. For 2 years now, we've arrived at Boardwalk only to be ignored. Their greeting staff is either understaffed, inefficient, or poorly executed in general. Even the cheapest rooms here go for $300+/night, and that price, you should be warmly greeted and not left to flounder for where you need to go upon entering the lobby. The Beach Club, Coronado Springs, The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian have all had excellent greeters....Boardwalk needs to catch up in this department.

Location:
The best...period. The Epcot Resort Loop (BW, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) can not be beat. Walking or boating to Epcot and Hollywood studios is a breeze and we never waited for more than 5 minutes for busses everywhere else.

Rooms:
I love the rooms here. Again...elegant..themed....but understated. The rooms look very luxurious, and the bedding and pillows are first rate. I love the framed old-timey postcards on the wall, and the magnificent artwork depicting how Fantasyland would have looked in the 1920's if it had been around. The bathrooms are gorgeous, and this year, we booked a deluxe room which afforded us a sitting area with a full-sized couch, a 2nd TV and again....a gorgeous view. I could sit on that balcony forever..and ever...and a day.

I can't wait to go back to this first-rate Disney property again and again.

Room Tip: Pay for a water-view room if you can afford it, and if that's not in the cards, ask for a view of the quiet pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank HandGsDad
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at Disney's Boardwalk Inn at the beginning of October, 2012. I've visited this resort hotel in the past, while friends stayed here, but never had the opportunity to spend the night.
All the Disney's resort hotels are charming and themed and The Boardwalk Inn is no different; reminiscent of the Atlantic City boardwalk in days gone by. The atmosphere to the rear of the resort, where the actual boardwalk is located, is active and lively. There is certainly no lack of restaurants, shops and clubs. But the biggest plus in staying at this resort is the proximity to Epcot and the Hollywood Studios; you can walk to both. My travel party and I walked to Epcot and it took no more than 10 minutes; it was wonderful.
The room that I stayed in was lovely. While it was a Standard Room, it had loads of extra space in it; being on a curved portion of the building allotted for the room to be more of a pie shape instead of a rectangle. This shape gave the room lots of extra space at the foot of the bed area. The room was decorated in a pleasant color scheme and most importantly, it was clean. The bathroom, too was clean, with a double sink outside the actual shower/ toilet area, so other members of a travel party could still get ready if someone were using the shower. My room overlooked a quiet pool and it was that...quiet. The only draw back to this room was that is was quite a haul to walk to the lobby area or the main pool area.
I would recommend this resort without a second thought and hope to stay there again sometime in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business