“Fine for Disney, not so good for a business conference” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #54 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
London
“Fine for Disney, not so good for a business conference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was at this hotel for a week and its is perfectly placed for Disney and in particular Epcot. The rooms were nicely appointed and it had most of what you would need from a holiday destination hotel. We were here for a business conference, so the hotel did not quite match up to what I would want under those circumstances. the mass catered food apart from the breakfast, was quite poor and bland, the hotel bar could not cope with the number of british people needing drinks in the evenings, there was a very poor selection of lunch venues at the hotel (dinner was much better, why the decent restaurants dont open for lunch is beyond me) and no robes or slippers in the roomswas a shame.
Good things were very helpful front desk, lovely surroundings overlooking a lake, good conference meeting rooms, good bus services to all attractions, and I would stay again but on holiday only.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed here over 5 times in the past 10 years on family trips to Disney. It seems that the property and the service is getting tired. Our room missed being cleaned two days in a row and during turn down service one night our door was left open and unlocked. Too bad...I use to love this place.

Room Tip: Stay at the Yacht and Beach club instead.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

So we arrive on Thanksgiving weekend 2011, thinking everything is going to be perfect for our one-year-olds first Disney trip. Lo and behold I wake up the first morning to gas motor thinking it's the lawn service at 8:30 in the morning. Well I'm awake now so we started through our day, next morning their mowing the grass again I asked myself at 8:30 in the morning... unbelievable!!! Again, I'm awake let's go about our day. Third day ,the same damn gas powered device, unbelievable! I look out the window and to my surprise it's not the lawn service they're cleaning the pool with a gas powered pressure cleaner that is sending shockwaves of noise throughout the whole hotel reflecting off every flat surface on believable never again

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank GregBeaty
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This property is a nice hotel with the 'boardwalk' being the extensions of the hotel, such as restaurants you can charge to your room, stores and the renting of bike-surreys. The staff everywhere there were very good and very helpful.
Epcot is a walk away!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom M
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Boardwalk is one of my favorites, but not always great. You have to keep calling back the manager in order for your requests to be met, and even if you do seem to get it all right, it may fall apart when you check in. At my last stay, I did not get the floor I wanted,to meet the needs of a disabled member of my party, when opening the room door there was a maintenance man sitting on one of the beds watching tv, the balcony chairs and table were filthy, and the club attendants couldn't be bothered with us asking for a bottle of water. Usually I always try to request club level because of the free food and beverages in the club lounge and the service is usually great. Well worth the extra money. They have the best club service and luxury out of all the Disneyworld resorts. Request floor 3 as floor 2 is always smoky due to the restaurant underneath and the club is not easy to get to for someone with disabilities. The rooms with balconies are fun. If you get the boardwalk view, it is exciting with all that is going on around you like the people, entertainment on the boardwalk, boats, wildlife, etc. Some club level cast members are more helpful than others, it is the luck of the draw. Cat Coura's restaurant is the worst of the boardwalk. The waiters are terrible and act like they are doing you a favor. The food is alright but very small portions.

Room Tip: you have to keep calling the hotel manager with requests and needs, the Disneyworld reservations do...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelsalot1946
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at BW for the first time on our recent trip for 5 nights. We checked in at 1am, arriving on the Magical Express, so lines in the lobby were not a problem! After the trek to our room (lots of hallways!) we were stunned at how large our room was!!! We were on the first floor, room 1343. The room was just huge...much larger than the room I once stayed in at the super pricey Grand Floridian even. It was a standard room...looked out onto a courtyard at one of the "quiet pools." Our room had 2 queen beds, a night stand, desk with chair, armoir with flat screen tv and several shelves & drawers, pull-out couch, and small round table with 2 chairs...oh and a ceiling fan, which I always appreciate! The bathroom was split with a double sink/mirror vanity area then the shower and toilet in a separate room...in the vanity area there was a set of drawers atop of a cabinet that housed a small fridge. Then there was the closet. This was the biggest hotel closet I've ever seen...it was a walk-in! Seriously, someone could have slept on a cot in there and not have been cramped. The key-locked safe was in the closet as well. The pillows and linens on the beds were very comfortable, although the beds were much firmer than I personally like. Fortunately, I'm always so exhausted at Disney that I can pretty much sleep on anything! Also, everything was spotless and freshened up eash day.

The Boardwalk hotel is conveniently located on the Boardwalk wich leads right to the International Gateway entrance into Epcot's World SHowcase...literally a 5 minute walk. (You will hear the nightly Epcot fireworks very clearly if you are in your room at 9pm) There are also boats offered if you don't care to walk. You can also walk (or boat) to several other resorts in the area on the lake...Beach Club, Yacht Club and the Swan and Dolphin. The boats also provide service to Hollywood Studios...you can walk there too, but it's more like a 20 minute walk. Bus service is available to the other 2 theme parks as well as Downtown Disney and the water parks. We spent most of our time at Epcot for the Food & Wine festival, so the location couldn't be beat. There are also several restraunts, bars and shops along the Boardwalk as well as entertainment, which is open to the public, not just hotel guests.

The hotel pools were great. We used the hot tub in the quiet pool area near our room and it was indeed nice and quiet...never heard a peep from any of the other people around. It's a plain square pool, so it doesn't appeal to children...that's a plus! The main pool has a circus theme, with lots of kids around, but it's really fun...the water slide is awesome for young and old! The poolside bar was a great place to sit for a few minutes to wait out a quick afternoon rain shower. One evening there were a couple of castmembers setting up a fire pit for guests to roast marshmallows...that was fun and we really enjoyed talking to them for a bit! The inside of the hotel is beautiful...themed as you would expect...old-time boardwalk, very classy and upscale, but still fun. Spend some time in the lobby...so many interesting touches...look up, the chandelier when you first walk in is spectacular! Don't miss the Belle Vue Lounge...a very comfy and cozy area to meet in the AM for coffee or for a nightcap before bed. They have a continental style breakfast offering in the AM and a full bar at night. There are several tables, comfy chairs, and sofas. You can even find some classic board games on the shelves to play. The Boardwalk Bakery serves some yummy options for breakfast...try the egg & cheese croissant...it's simple, but delcious. And the muffins are good too. You can get a decent latte here as well...which are hard to come by anywhere on Disney property!

All of the Cast members we came in contact with here were very courteous. We did not experience any problems that required service though. We did make use of the laundry facility on the 3rd floor once...coin operated and there are machines that sell single use detergent.

As much as I love to make the effort to stay in a different Disney hotel with each trip, I'm going to have a hard time trying a new one next time and not coming back to the Board Walk...I really enjoyed my time here and know I will stay again in the future. It was worth every penny!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Lenox, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from 8 nights at the Boardwalk Inn. We spent our honeymoon at the Polynesian resort so decided to spend our 36th wedding anniversary at the Boardwalk Inn. It was just the two of us, no children. I loved the location since Epcot is my favorite park and just a 6 minute walk from the lobby. It's also very close to Hollywood Studios and some great restaurants. We were lucky to enjoy Epcots Food & Wine Festival. The entertainment on the Baordwalk in the evening is fun for everyone.

The issue we had was our room, which was close to transportation (my request) but had a lousy view (ok with me) and was a bit noisy since it was near the transportion areas but the real problem was it smelled really moldy. I also complained that the sink had a bad leak and needed attention. I did not pay for an upgraded room, this was a standard room.

On day 1, arriving late in the afternoon the smell was very strong and moldy, but we were tired from our travels on and needed to get to sleep. I called housekeeping explained the problem and asked if they could freshen the room and also check the AC system since it had a very moldy smell, I liked our location and did not want to move if it wasn't necessary. I also complained that the sink had a bad leak and needed attention.

On day 2 after returning from the parks and seeing no change in the smell I called the front desk and asked if they could do something about the smell, I also complained that the sink had a bad leak and needed attention.

They said they would have everything checked the next day. We came back from the parks on day 3 and still no improvement with the smell or the leak. I called down to the front desk and asked if another compareable room was available, but I would not move if the smell was not improved. They sent a young cast member to take me to another room because I said I really needed to verify the new room did not have a moldy smell before I packed and moved again. The room offered was on a lower floor in the same section that I was currently , but it was SOOO noisey I refused it, on the first floor just feet from the walk way to the transportation hub.. It did not smell. I told the cast member that I woud not change rooms to get ride of the smell in exchange for more noise. No alternative was offered.

Basically that's it, no one EVER called to check and see if we were OK or if the smell was improved, or anything, and we were there 8 nights! As a last resort my husband and I decided to turn the AC up full blast and leave it on 24/7, a real waste of energy but after another couple of days the smell started to disapate. My husband began to refer to the room as the "igloo" and wore a wool hat and gloves to bed at night, it was that cold in order to get the smell down.

Also the Quiet pool which we loved was a bit dirty. We went every day, it really was quiet and relaxing yet it was never perfectly clean, there was always lots of yuck in several areas on the bottom of the pool which is not acceptable at a high end resort. It did not matter if we went in the morning or the afternoon, or what day it was, still piles of dirt on the bottom.

Bus service was OK, we never waited more then 15 minutes for a bus. The Boardwalk shared the Magic Kingdom bus with the Swan & Dolphin which was a pain since the Swan &
Dolphin do not have dedicated bus lanes like the Disney hotels and it takes forever to get through those resorts with the taxis and cars parked in the way of the bus. The Boardwalk Inn is a Deluxe Hotel and should not be sharing bus service with the Dolphin & Swan. This is a very big negative for me.

I loved the location since Epcot is my favorite park. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. I would probably stay again because of the location but I am very disappointed in the way a Deluxe Resort handeled my multiple complaints about the condition of my room. I never received a return phone call from a live person asking if things had been resloved after 3 straight days of complaints which meant 9 days of being uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Asking for a room near transportaion may get you overlooking the transportaion area, which can be no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple