“Disney at its Best”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #69 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 2, 2008

We made reservations in advance to stay here for part of our honeymoon and requested a king bed, waterview room with a balcony. When we arrived to our room it had two double beds(not cool on your honeymoon) and a balcony with a great view, so I call the front desk and was told to return so the error could be corrected. The next room had a crappy view from the balcony and a large family of screaming kids in the adjoining room (yes, I know it's DIsney but it's also our well planned honeymoon), so I called back down to the front desk.

The person at the desk and the bellhop (probably tired of all the moves) were so nice and understanding, we were given two choices of rooms to pick from and taken to see them - a king, no balcony (I think its the only room w/o one in the entire place) for our reservation price or a Garden Suite - Club Level that cost per night what our previous reservation cost for the entire stay.

We took the suite because it had it all - a private rose graden courtyard with two patio chairs and a table (complete with several wild bunnys that stopped by daily) overlooking the gardens and adult pool area....believe it or not, complete with a white picket fence . I cannot express how nice this 2 story room was, it had a four poster king bed, two nice fluffy robes, a jetted tub and huge marble shower upstairs and another bathroom, living room area with sleeper sofa and tv downstairs. It had a small kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, ref, sink and dining area.

Guest services were the best, the suite was very clean and housekeeping always suprised us with the cute towel animals they would leave in our room. We had a wonderful time and could not have asked for a better stay, even though we were going to be so broke when we got home!

But the story gets even better!!! About a week after we get home, we get a refund for the additional amount we were charged for the upgraded room. So we stayed in the most expensive room for the price of a standard room...How cool is that! THANK YOU, DISNEY!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Keys2Serenity
Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed February 22, 2008

I treated myself and my family to a weekend at Disney's BoardWalk Resort, and I wanted to say it was a real treat.

I spent the extra money to get a water view hopping that I would end up with a BoardWalk view (as it was explained that they could not guarantee it).

We had a great check in, and then we ended up with the BoardWalk View!

My family loved it, and I we just had a wonderful weekend relaxing, and spending time at the pool!

The one thing is the rooms are nice, but not nearly as nice as you'd expect for the money you are putting down. But I guess you pay a premium for location!

All in all it was a great weekend!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank WDWZEUS
Reviewed February 16, 2008

My wife, two children and I had adjoining rooms in the BoardWalk Inn. We made the reserverations about six months in advance.

First the good news. The pool is very nice. The grounds are in excellent shape. The gentleman who handled our room service dinner order was outstanding. And that's about it.

It took 20 minutes to check in -- and that is not due to waiting in line. I literally waited for 20 minutes while the counter attendant went through a complex series of actions to check us in. I still don't know what was going on.

One of the rooms was barely inhabitable due to mold. The only way we could sleep is to keep the door open at night -- it kept the odor to a minimum. It should not be surprising there was mold in this room. There is limited ventilation and the room never gets any sun due to its inside corner location. I asked the front desk about getting reassigned. No luck. I was made to feel a criminal for merely asking.

Lots of little things were disappointing. The bathrooms are very ordinary -- well below our expectations. The ice machine on the floor was out of order. A nice little sign informed us of that -- only after we made the trek down to get some ice. (The sign was nice. Why not just fix the ice machine instead?)

Bottom line: this is like staying in any 2 star hotel. Nothing that warrants the kinds of prices being charged. I'm just glad our kids are old enough that this will be the last time I need to visit Disneyworld.

2  Thank frequentflyer36
Reviewed February 5, 2008

This was my third time to DisneyWorld, first to Boardwalk. I chose it because of the location, pure and simple. The boardwalk itself is full of food and entertainment. However, the Yacht and Beach Club resorts are nicer, and just as conveniently located - but still pricey. The walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a bit of a hike, and might be difficult with really young children or with anyone disabled.

Frankly, the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Resort are every bit as nice as the Boardwalk as far as the accomodations are concerned, but not as convenient to the parks. They are a much better value, and for the money I'd choose one of them if I'm willing to take the bus to the parks.

One quick gripe, be weary of the Disney food plan. They significantly changed the terms in 2008 -without notifying us- but did not change the price. Not a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cardoza
Reviewed January 6, 2008

The grounds are beautiful, The location is amazing. Staff is friendly and helpful. The price is just so ridiculous. (Even with my friend's Florida Discount)
We stayed here (3 adults & 2 kids) because we wanted to splurge and stay at a deluxe resort. Plus, the day bed gave us an extra sleeping spot. Compared to other Disney Resorts, the food choices are just not available. You're only choice is to walk far to spend a lot of money to eat breakfast. I can't say we had a horrible experience here. Overall, fancy and nice accomodations. I just feel like we're a family that enjoys the moderate & value resorts more. This is a high-end resort more suited for adults and singles with money to burn. If you've got the kiddies with you, you can still have a great time staying at a lower priced resort.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank graciediane
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We went to Disney back in 2005 and stayed at the Dolphin Hotel, liked it but choose this hotel as there was more for the kids, age 9 and 6 to do. We were very please with the pool. We stayed there our arrival day and felt like it was as great a day as one at the parks.

We were very pleased with our room. Plenty of space, in fact my kids fought over sleeping on the day bed instead of the queen size bed.

We ate breakfast at the board walk every day, then off we went to the parks. I say treat yourself and book a trip there.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyoffourBoston
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We checked in on Christmas day and the hotel was dirty, the bathroom had body hair from other guests, stains on the carpet and the wallpaper is coming off the wall. After waiting 5 hours for our luggage, we called and the person yelled at my husband(the information given is a maximum of 3 hour wait). Once we got our luggage it was SOAKED, Disney left our luggage in the rain. The managers answer was "we have laundry facilities available in the hotel, for you to use". The laundry room was dirty and most of the machines were not working. The staff is rude and it took us 2 days just to get room service menus. The menus were out dated and not correct, we ordered Mickey waffles for our son and we did not get the waffles, we were told they were no longer available. My mom ordered the Mickey waffles 2 hours later (we did not tell her they were not available). She got the waffles. We requested a hotel directory everyday for 7 days and it never arrived. The hotel does not have a restaurant directly on property, and the restaurants in the area were so slow, one morning it took my husband 1 hour to get coffee. We would have had it in the room but we could not seem to get housekeeping to leave coffee. Spend your money somewhere else, this was not the happiest or cleanest place on earth. Disney needs to make some changes.

Stayed: December 2007