1,849 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowinnkeepers clubquiet pooldance hallbeach clubthe busworld showcasewalking distance to epcotespn zoneswan dolphinmagic kingdomcrescent lakefunnel cakefood and wine festival
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are Disney Vacation Club members, and while our home resort is Bay Lake Tower, we decided to stay at Boardwalk because we love that area of Disney. It’s convenient to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, close to many of our favorite restaurants, and has a lovely character about it. I especially like the feeling of being at an old time sea side resort.
As for the hotel itself, I’m giving it 5 stars because we had a wonderful stay and for the most part, service was phenomenal in typical Disney fashion. However, there were flaws. These are minor issues, but I hope my list is helpful to a few of you (especially coffee drinkers).

1. Remote control on the TV didn’t work. I requested a new one from housekeeping and it never showed up. We found another remote in the bedroom that worked on both TVs and (again) it wasn’t a huge deal. However, when housekeeping says they’ll bring something, they should follow through.

2. The villas have coffee pots, but no filters. They do give you a couple of packs of filtered coffee to start off with, but this doesn’t help if you are staying for 5 days. Most people probably know to bring along coffee with whatever other groceries they plan to use in the villa, but unless you’ve stayed there you wouldn’t know you need to also bring a pack of large ROUND filters. Luckily, they do sell them at The Screen Door. My thought is that if you are going to have a coffee maker in the kitchen, you should also keep the equipment for using it.

3. Pillows and blankets for the pull-out sofa. The master bedroom had pillows, but we couldn’t find any extra pillows or blankets for the sofa sleeper. Perhaps they are available by request, but after requesting a new remote control and not getting it, I was tired of bothering housekeeping and just used decorative pillows from the couch to sleep on and gave my daughter the top spread from the bed.

So those are my nitpicks. The convenience to parks and restaurants, beautiful grounds, helpful front desk and bell staff made up for the little issues we encountered, and we’d definitely stay here again.

P.S. If you are staying here, make sure to bring a sweater for the hallways. They are always VERY cold.

2  Thank Annagins
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed in April 2012 with my 3 kids. We stayed here years ago, and it was always a great experience. When we checked in this time, we felt that this resort catered to Disney Vacation Club members, and not hotel guests like ourselves. Once we got over the check in- everything was fabulous. You cannot beat the location. This was the first year we did not get park hoppers and it was great- we spent the morning at the pool (kids loved the slide) showered and then ate lunch on the Boardwalk (salad at the bakery part of the DDP is great- beats park food) and then spent the afternoon & evening at the parks. It's great to be able to walk to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. Also, the Boardwalk itself is so fun at night, lots to do. Love that there is a little grocery store there as well- they sell 24 pack of waters :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank caracap
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place was great. The staff was awesome. The entire grounds were kept perfectly clean. It was one of the very best vacations ever. The location was close to everything. We will certainly be back. We got caught in the rain and housekeeping brought more towels and we didn't even ask for them.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Innkeeper's Club. They have breakfest, snacks and drinks most all day and it is very convenient.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the WDW food and wine festival. It was in the perfect location to walk to Epcot through the world showcase entrance. Our room was spacious and we loved the lobby area and library off to the side. The grounds were beautifully maintained. After staying at other Disney deluxe properties, I would say that while the boardwalk rooms are among the best and the location for epcot can't be beat, I missed having a quick service restaurant exclusive to the hotel or a hotel-specific restaurant. Don't get me wrong, there are wonderful dining options along the boardwalk and especially during food and wine Epcot is teeming with selections, but having that "home" restaurant or cafeteria to come back to was something I was suprised that I missed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mec0415
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was our first time at the Boardwalk and it was fabulous. The location between Epcot and Hollywood was perfect. The service was wonderful. The only reason I did not rate it a "5" was because the hotel does not have any sort of dining within the hotel proper. In order to eat, you have to leave the hotel. Breakfast is particularly an issue. The "Bakery" and a small serving kiosk are the only two places that are within proximity of the hotel. You have to go outside, and then eat your food at an outdoor table. Most mornings this was ok, but some days I wished I was eating in air conditioning. The hotel does offer a continental breakfast in the bar area.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is close to the lobby area. The hotel is HUGE and there are no Boardwalk exits on the sides. Also consider whether you want your balcony to face the Boardwalk, pool, Epcot (nice . . . you can see the fireworks).