1,850 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowinnkeepers clubquiet pooldance hallbeach clubthe busworld showcasewalking distance to epcotespn zoneswan dolphinmagic kingdomcrescent lakefunnel cakefood and wine festival
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate his graduation from basic training for the Army. We had stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort a few months prior for our honeymoon and really wanted to splurge for this Deluxe resort. We are so happy we did! The theming was incredible. We were instantly blown away by the details and decor of this 1920s Boardwalk resort. The location is amazing! You can literally walk to the back entrance of Epcot. We found ourselves spending lots of time on the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is a MUST!! We had an exceptionally fun time at the Atlantic Dance club as well. We ate lunch at the ESPN club and I have to say that lunch was one of the best I have ever had anywhere on Disney property. Having so many fabulous shopping , eating, and entertainment options just a few minutes walk away was incredible. The staff was some of the friendliest I had met. We like to use our vehicle to go to the parks and the walk from the car to the lobby is a little long. We were on the fourth floor and on the very end of the hall. This meant it was literally a five minute walk from the elevator to our room. At the end of a long park day, this sometimes proved annoying and inconvenience. The room itself had a balcony, comfy couch, luxurious bed, desk, large entertainment center, fabulous bathroom and of course impeccable theming throughout. We received nightly messages from the Inn Keeper's letting us know the weather and extra magic hours for the next day. The staff throughout the entire hotel was amazing. We swam in one of the smaller pools and loved it. We also walked the groans over to their circus themed pool Luna park. That pool was great! Check out was a breeze and a very nice man named Carlos helped me bring all the luggage down to the lobby while my husband got the car. Deluxe resorts are more expensive for a reason and if it wasn't for our military discount we may not have been able to afford this one but for these 22 year olds it was the time of our lives! The point of this trip was for my husband to relax and unwind from his time with his Drill Sergeants and this fabulous entertainment district helped him do just that. Definitely five stars!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Emily H
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Overall, this is great place. Stayed at the Animal Kingdom resort last year and liked this place better due to the location. Several restaurants on the boardwalk, walking distance to Epcot and an overall nice resort make this place a winner.

Did the concierge club which was nice, though our room was not on the concierge level. They have happy hour and a pretty good spread of food between 5 and 7.

The only big negative was the lack of reliable wifi on the property. It was abysmal and I needed it to for some work stuff.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the boardwalk are nice for people watching and a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ScipioAfricanus
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Boardwalk Inn exceeded our expectations. We opted to take a standard room at the Club Level. The room was spacious, with many amenities, and a wonderful view of the Boardwalk, which was a truly wonderful sight, especially at night when it is all lit up. The Innkeepers Club Lounge made the whole experience that much more enjoyable. All of the staff were helpful, friendly, and eager to make our stay a wonderful experience. The proximity of Epcot, and the proximity of all of the restaurants and attractions on the Boardwalk added enormously to the pleasure of our stay. There are three available pools at the Boardwalk, and a well equipped gym which also add to the ability to enjoy a stay at this resort hotel. All-in-all a truly wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for the extra expense of securing Club Level accommodations.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael N
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed club level and were in room 4252, with a garden view and view of the Eiffel tower in Epcot off to the left. It's just what I requested. Very quiet and peaceful. It was a few rooms in from the CL card access door and down the hall a bit from the lounge. The room was very clean, and mousekeeping did a wonderful job daily. No towel animals (except for check in day) but everything was truly impeccable. I ate most of the chocolates left on our check in day by myself. Turn down service was lovely. The saltwater taffy was tasty and several times we received these adorable cards with nostalgic pictures and quotes on them. Sweet.

The actual resort is AWESOME. I absolutely loved it. My husband thought the decor was a bit frilly for him, but I thought the theme was fantastic and so well done. It wasn't too confusing to get around in or anything. We both loved how throughout the resort there were cozy little sitting rooms--lots of places to relax. We really enjoyed being on the boardwalk and several times we ate at the BW pizza window and at BW bakery. Both were great. DH had a chicken salad at BW bakery that was really good, I had a tomato/mozz sandwich that was delicious, and a tiramisu that was divine.

We spent one morning at the pool and it was awesome. The kids loved it. My older son went down the waterslide several times and I joined him a lot. It was a blast! I'm really glad we were able to fit some pool time in this trip. A word of note--if you want life jackets, they are over in Community Hall by one of the quiet pools and you need to check them out. They're not just out by the pool like the are in other resorts.

Of course, you seriously, seriously cannot beat the location. It is perfect. I think the walk to Epcot was ten minutes, if that. DHS maybe 15. Watching Illuminations and then just walking back, not having to deal with the crowds--just priceless. I loved the feel of the boardwalk--so fun and festive. And the view across the lake of BC and YC was beautiful.

As for the club level experience--I honestly don't have any complaints. I think by now we've all heard the accolades sung about the BWI Innkeepers Club CMs and all I can say it--the praise is true. They are amazing people. So kind, friendly, genuine. Joe and Anita conversed with my younger son (who would talk for hours to a tree) and didn't mind at all--they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Pete, who checked us in, was so kind. Anita was a COMPLETE blast and so much fun to chat with. Lorenzo sang made up songs about my DS2's name that had me chuckling. Also, one morning my DH wanted to make egg salad with the hard boiled eggs they have, and he asked if they had any mayo. They didn't, but Lorenzo went all the way down to the first floor to get him some. Totally and completely over the top kind. Cecelia was so wonderful to me--one morning when I was taking breakfast back to the room for my family, they were out of trays and she gladly helped me carry everything down the hall. It really is true that these people are one of a kind.

The lounge is pretty big. We never had a problem finding somewhere to sit, no matter when we visited. They always had the tv on, usually to Disney XD or something that made my boys happy. The food was always replenished when it started to run low--they never ran out of anything. The schedule is:
6:30 - 7 am: coffee
7 - 10:30am: breakfast
11am - 4pm(I think): snacks
5 - 7pm: evening appetizers
8 - 10pm: dessert/cordials

Breakfast was oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, cranberries, and slivered almonds, hard boiled eggs, mini muffins (blueberry, choc chip, or lemon poppy seed), breads (banana, apple, cinnamon), grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, bagels, croissants, yogurt. In addition to coffee there was tea, OJ, whole milk and skim milk, and chocolate milk.

Snacks were goldfish, trail mix, choc covered almonds and raisins, the house made chips, swedish fish, cookies.

Evening appetizers--they always did a selection of cheeses and crackers, and rotated things like tabouleh and pita, vegetables and dip, lamb or pork skewers (I can't remember which meat), samosas, rice pilafs. All very good. They also put beer and wine out.

Desserts were things like little cannoli, baklava, small choc cakes. They had several cordials to accompany them.

All that said, we almost definitely won't stay CL again. While the convenience is great, for our family it doesn't justify the cost, as we still spend a ton of time in the parks. But I am so happy and grateful we were able to try it!!

Now, the downsides. Honestly, there aren't many. The lack of onsite counter service is kind of a bummer, but not too big of a deal. Heading out to the BW really doesn't take long at all.

We had one experience that was bizarre. We had a package shipped to the resort and I realized one morning that we hadn't heard if it had been delivered. I checked online and it had been, two days prior (it wasn't crucial that we had it immediately so neither DH nor I was thinking about it). I learned it was in the Business Center. They never called me or anything. Odd. I went down to pick it up and I had to pay a processing fee. That was annoying, but mostly i don't understand why they didn't at least call to let us know it had arrived. At CBR, where we had just been, we actually had two packages delivered and each time they just brought them up to the room. So I am not sure what happened over at the Boardwalk. Hardly the end of the world, but sort of odd.

But truly, the biggest downside was the buses. The BWI appears to be picked up first and dropped off last virtually everywhere, and while it generally guarantees you get a seat when going to a park, getting there takes a really long time. The buses stop at BWI, then Swan, Dolphin, and if there's still room, the BC and YC. And on the way back from a park, the BWI is usually the last stop, so we were on there a long time.

It felt to us like the buses were more crowded this year as opposed to last year, but that could just be our perception. Nevertheless, the bus situation kind of sucked. I realize you are sort of taking public transit but travel time was more than I'd expected.

All that said, the BWI is a beautiful resort and I really loved it. Truly a gorgeous hotel. If you are considering staying there, I would absolutely recommend it (as long as you are okay with buses to MK and AK taking a while).

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank meribeth2
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Arrival
- Arrived at the location at 6:25p, received a very warm welcomed by this gentleman at the entrance to the lobby
- Check-in process was snappy and fast. Asked for a closer room to the elevator, nothing was available and was placed quite far out (you should persist if possible)

Room
- This is what a deluxe resort should be. Theme-ing is the best I've seen so far.
- Clean and fresh
- No bed bugs
- Bathroom is clean too with plenty of water

Best
- Great entertainment outside and very lively , which is what a boardwalk should be.
- Great lake view, nice to chill out after a long walk at the park
- Very close to Epcott (although Beach Club is probably 5-10mins closer)
- Flying Fish is a good place to eat
- Love the place so much

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple