“Two Separate Stays at the Sunshine”

Orlando's Sunshine Resort
Ranked #201 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I just returned from two separate two night stays at the Orlando's Sunshine Resort that were the bookends on a trip to St. Pete Beach. Along with my wife and young daughters, we stayed at Sunshine 2 and then at Sunshine 1 on the return using our Bluegreen Points. Checking in was easy, even on the one night when we got there after the office was closed, the Security Guards had no problem doing a late check in. Both stays were in very similar rooms, 2 bed, 2 bath suites with full living rooms and kitchens. Both suites had to be 1,200 Sq foot or better. Both master bedrooms had two person jacuzzi tubs. As we are beginning to expect from Bluegreen, the rooms are nicely appointed and very clean. Sunshine 2 is nicer the Sunshine 1, but that is due to either the building just being newer or a more recent refurbishment. It is located just off of International Dr. behind a strip mall and near a small amusement park, but noise was not an issue for us at all. The hotel is about 5 minutes from Universal and Wet and Wild and 20 minutes to Sea World and Disney. I wouldn't hesistate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Wordman113

Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Orlando Sunshine Resort can be a hit or miss. The first room that we checked into on the 4th floor had a seedy motel feel. The furniture was outdated; the balcony had a worn chair and was not clean. We immediately asked for our room to be changed since we noticed much nicer rooms as we walked to the registration desk. The second room we were checked into on the 1st floor was great! Stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms. Glass vessel sinks in both bathrooms. The beds were much more inviting with thick mattresses. Both bedrooms and the living room had flat panel televisions. The deck had lovely rattan furniture and a matching ceiling fan. The artwork was great. I am assuming they are in the process of updating the units, from the outside it does not look like much, but if you get one of the remodeled units you would be satisfied.

The location is great, within walking distance to Wet & Wild, and Fun Spot (arcade and go-karts) is next door (we could not hear any noise). The Premium Outlets are right around the corner, within a 3-5 min drive. If you are traveling with teenagers this would be a prime location.

If you plan on spending a lot of time in your room you will find this location to be quiet, there are activities planed daily, but this is a small resort, so there is not a lot of variety. If you want to enjoy all that Orlando has to offer you will find the proximity to all recreation and shopping desirable.

If you are planning on staying here make sure you ask for a remodeled unit, trust me they are like night and day and can make or break your stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank CTBballmom
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We decided to sign up for a timeshare sales trip and had a horrible experience. After the huge list of what requirements and rules, I paid the $200 and made my reservation. The email they sent said that we were staying at the Fountains, however when we checked in they moved us across town to the Sunshine Resort. A classic bait and switch. The Sunshine "Resort" is just another hotel in a bad location. Located behind a flea market and next to a run-down carnival, it has a small pool, not enough parking spots, and the rooms are in desperate need of renovation. We checked out after about an hour and found another hotel. Now they are charging us another $150 for missing their sales pitch, so this cost us $350 for an hour at their "resort". What a rip off. Don't get fooled.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Funtime12388
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We are Bluegreen owners and stayed here for the first time.
Although we are deeded at The Fountains, we stayed here as there was only two of us, but we did use the Fountains on a day use,

The Check-in was very good, quick and freindly, we was asked if we would like to attend an owners update, which we declined, and was not bothered any more.

The resort is located at the top end of Internatinal Drive, very close to Sea World, Wet and Wild, and Universal.

Shoping mall is 1 mile away.

Has a heated pool, (very good for our January stay ). tennis court, Suffal Board.

We were very pleased with this resort.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2010

we stayed here for one week,and found it to be quite spacious ,we had a two bedroomed appt ,which had microwave,cooker,dishwasher,washing machine and tumble dryer,we overlooked the pool but there was a permanent mesh on the balcony so we could not lean out ,which was quite restrictive,staff were quite friendly 0and we were asked on our book in if we would be interested to visit one of their timeshare resorts but we declined and we were not bothered about it again.we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

This is an old converted apartment building that needs a facelift. The pictures on thieir site are not what the place looks like at all. 1) Did not feel safe. There are bars on the windows 2) The rooms were not clean. The furniture & carpets need cleaning 3) Beds are not comfortable 4) Cheap everything - soaps, linens, shampoo etc 5) High expense for internet inside your room - then it didn't work our entire stay. Hopefully we will get a refund. Free internet for 15 minutes in their cramped office. 6) Location was terrible for all parks except Universal. 7) Air conditioning was hard to regulate

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The condo and facility was nice. The pool was very clean and well maintained. I didn't like the fact that we had to walk around to the back side to get to the office and pool. There wasn't any other options. I didn't feel very safe walking in my bathing suit in the parking lot area and then around the building to get to the pool. Because Del Verde is back a street from the mainstream and is more isolated, then I think one should be careful to walk with someone else in getting to the office or pool. I'm not paranoid, I'm just not a big fan of isolated parking lots when I'm alone! As far as the condo goes, it looked to be well maintained and average in decor and furnishings.

Although they have high speed internet, it is pretty costly to use. As a professional, I really needed to access my email. I didn't want to pay such a hefty price to just read my email so I didn't get it. I would have expected complimentary internet service with this establishment.

We stayed in room 405 and experienced some pretty weird things. My 11 year old daughter came flying out of the master bedroom. She thought she seen someone but no one was there. She left the water running, when she returned, it had been shut off. She refused to go back in all week without me. I thought I seen someone also at another time but no one was there. My son heard voices in the living room one morning but, again, no one was there. The last evening, we were going out to dinner and "someone" was tugging on the door. We were all outside of the door. When I hesitated and mentioned it to the boys, it stopped. Although we had an early flight out that morning, we left at 2:00 am to just get away! We felt very uncomfortable. I personally have no desire to return because of this. If this doesn't bother you, then it would be a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family