“handy location for prime outlets, universal studios”

Orlando's Sunshine Resort
Ranked #206 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 7, 2010

we stayed here for one week,and found it to be quite spacious ,we had a two bedroomed appt ,which had microwave,cooker,dishwasher,washing machine and tumble dryer,we overlooked the pool but there was a permanent mesh on the balcony so we could not lean out ,which was quite restrictive,staff were quite friendly 0and we were asked on our book in if we would be interested to visit one of their timeshare resorts but we declined and we were not bothered about it again.we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Orlando's Sunshine Resort

Reviewed August 17, 2009

This is an old converted apartment building that needs a facelift. The pictures on thieir site are not what the place looks like at all. 1) Did not feel safe. There are bars on the windows 2) The rooms were not clean. The furniture & carpets need cleaning 3) Beds are not comfortable 4) Cheap everything - soaps, linens, shampoo etc 5) High expense for internet inside your room - then it didn't work our entire stay. Hopefully we will get a refund. Free internet for 15 minutes in their cramped office. 6) Location was terrible for all parks except Universal. 7) Air conditioning was hard to regulate

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The condo and facility was nice. The pool was very clean and well maintained. I didn't like the fact that we had to walk around to the back side to get to the office and pool. There wasn't any other options. I didn't feel very safe walking in my bathing suit in the parking lot area and then around the building to get to the pool. Because Del Verde is back a street from the mainstream and is more isolated, then I think one should be careful to walk with someone else in getting to the office or pool. I'm not paranoid, I'm just not a big fan of isolated parking lots when I'm alone! As far as the condo goes, it looked to be well maintained and average in decor and furnishings.

Although they have high speed internet, it is pretty costly to use. As a professional, I really needed to access my email. I didn't want to pay such a hefty price to just read my email so I didn't get it. I would have expected complimentary internet service with this establishment.

We stayed in room 405 and experienced some pretty weird things. My 11 year old daughter came flying out of the master bedroom. She thought she seen someone but no one was there. She left the water running, when she returned, it had been shut off. She refused to go back in all week without me. I thought I seen someone also at another time but no one was there. My son heard voices in the living room one morning but, again, no one was there. The last evening, we were going out to dinner and "someone" was tugging on the door. We were all outside of the door. When I hesitated and mentioned it to the boys, it stopped. Although we had an early flight out that morning, we left at 2:00 am to just get away! We felt very uncomfortable. I personally have no desire to return because of this. If this doesn't bother you, then it would be a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We loved it! The best part for us was the location. We did 7 days at Universal Studios. From what I'd read, this is the closest timeshare to Universal; it certainly seemed that way once there. Personally, I would not stay here to go to Walt Disney World--too far away. But we will certainly use it again for Universal!

We stayed in a 2/2 (sleeps 8) with our 5 small children and had plenty of space (about 1000 sq ft) without having to use the sofa bed. There's a king in the master bedroom, two doubles in the second bedroom & a sofa bed (& we brought our pack-n-play, though I think you can request them). For me (Mom) staying at this resort made the vacation perfect. The rooms were so lovely & restful--bright colors, nicely kept, plenty of comfortable living room furniture, big bedroom, small patio. Dad & kids loved it too, especially the pool; I loved the hot tub.

Whirlpool bath in the master bedroom was great for bathing 4 kids at once! ;) In addition to the whirlpool tub, both bathrooms also full tub/shower. Vanity/sink is separate from the toilet/shower/tub in the master bath. Second bath was larger than expected. Second bedroom was a bit dimly lit.

Unit's dining area comfortably sat all of us (large table for 6). Kitchen had everything I needed to do 2 meals/day there. Grocery stores, etc nearby. Service was great. Rooms clean. They brought us a high chair (no tray on it, which was odd). Washer/dryer in-room was wonderful. We also appreciated the little activities the resort offered on the weekend: outdoor movie, ice cream sundaes, face-painting, etc. We were never bothered by anyone hoping to give us a sales-pitch after I said we weren't interested upon check-in. We could park right outside of our room, which made getting the kids in & out of the van a breeze. All of this made it a really great place to go with young kids, but my husband & I would have thoroughly enjoyed it before having kids too.

The property is small. That surprised me at first because I had imagined taking leisurely strolls around the property. It wasn't a problem though, as what is there is well landscaped & private-feeling.

We also got a great rate by renting on-line from an owner--which, of course, made it even better! If you're planning a trip to Universal Studios or Sea World, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2008

My family and I stayed at Orlando's Sunshine resort at the end of October. We loved it. It was very convient to everything!!! The room was very well equiped. The staff was very friendly, with the exception of one night shift manager. It was rather cold when we went so we didn't swim. But the pool did look very nice. I would recommend this place to anyone with a family. Its not the newest resort in Orlando, but it is very well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mrsgatorbranch
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We stayed at Orlando's Sunshine Resort from Aug 8-15 2008 with 2 teenage boys. We booked the stay as a breakaway week through HSI, which we became members of as a result of a time share purchase at another resort. We had plans to visit Universal Studios, Wet n Wild, Islands of Adventure which are all quite close to the resort. Our 3rd floor room (we used the stairs, but small elevator is available) was in phase 1 of the resort and fit our needs very well for the trip. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (large whirlpool tub in master bedroom), dining and living area as well as full kitchen. Not a fancy resort, but you will find you have absolutely everything you need to enjoy your trip. We slept well each night. Rooms are nicely configured so some can sleep and some can be up and around and no one is bothered. Screened in deck accessible from master bedroom and living room.

We received one offer at check in and one voicemail to attend a timeshare presentation for another Bluegreen resort but politely declined since we are not in the market. Because of the HSI membership we paid less for the condo than we could have rented a hotel room for and had 3 times the space plus were able to cook many meals there. Even if I had paid the $140 average listed on this site, I would still be saving money over a hotel room in that area. Activities planned every day near the pool if you'd like to participate and staff was very friendly. Used the pool several days (I believe open from 9 am - 11 pm) and boys played tennis almost daily. Nice Barbeque grills for use by the pool which we took advantage of. Entry side of the room faced the "Fun Spot" (not all rooms do) across the street which is a carnival type attraction with rides and go carts. The smaller bedroom received some light from the ferris wheel, and a little screaming can be heard from the rides if you are outside, which we initially thought might be troublesome, but became accustomed to and after getting lost in Orlando several times were glad we had "our" ferris wheel to look for as a landmark. Pool and deck are on the opposite side of the building so no trouble there. I think the Fun Spot was closed by 11 pm each night. Little to no noise from other rooms, and no bothersome level of noise from Fun Spot once you are in your room.

I generally like newer and fancier accomodations but found Orlando's Sunshine Resort to be very comfortable and enjoyable, appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, and would happily return if I visited Orlando again. Having the extra space with the teenagers and extra activities for them to participate in was great, also located very near the Outlet Mall which was nice to do some shopping in. Plenty of activities, shopping and restaurants within a short driving distance or long walk if you are adventurous.

Only downside was that the wireless internet connection in our room was somewhat sporadic, service is provided by a third party, and also apparently relatively new, so I think they may have some kinks to work out there at least for some rooms.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank takemetothebeach44
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We decided on a Thanksgiving visit to Disney so we used our Bluegreen points for two locations, the Sunshine Resort and The Fountains. I'll review The Fountains in another review.

The Sunshine resort was terrific. Check-in was a breeze since we reserved online and we were told that the gas grills were first come, first serve. The resort supplied the grilling utensils (cleaning brush, spatual, and tongs), but had to be cleaned before returning them to the office. A heated pool (we swam daily), sauna, hot tub, and tennis court were also available. Parking was limited, but allowed for loading and unloading of baggage by the elevators, which was near the entrance of the parking lot.

Once we entered the room, we were extremely pleased with the it. We had booked a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen, balcony, living room and two baths. I've attached a couple of photos of the condo. The beds were comfortable, but the airconditioning blew very hard in the kids room. We had to close the vent to reduce the amount of cold air in the room, but that was a minor thing.

We were never bothered by the resort staff to attend any sales pitches. We were extremely happy with that. In fact, I don't remember seeing a meeting room at this location.

We were very pleased with this location and plan on staying here with future visits to Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family