“A-freakin-mazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #200 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“A-freakin-mazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff was very helpful and polite, even friendly. The pictures online didn't do this place justice... The pool was beautiful, the hot tub unbelievable, the suite was utterly breathtaking. Washer and dryer in the suite, fully stocked kitchen, balcony was fully screened, Jacuzzi in master bedroom, shower had seats for two, each bathroom had a hair dryer, appliances in kitchen were sparkling... just can't say enough good about this place. These people really know how to make a vacation unbelievable. I am still here now, and am seriously thinking that I NEVER want to go home.
Oh yeah.... even though there is a little amusement park right next door, which makes for a lovely view from parking lot, there was VERY little noise from it.... oh yeah... and they play Radio Disney on perfectly leveled speakers by the pool for as long as it's open, which is 9 am to 11 pm. BRILLIANT.

Room Tip: ask for 4th to 6th floor, make sure you're in phase 2... the lower the last two digits I think t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarmenAlegria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at this resort for a short weekend vacation. It is located on an adjacent road to the very busy International Drive so there was not heavy traffic to get to the hotel. It was nice because it was right by all the hustle and bustle without being in it. There are a few outlet malls within walking distance and right next door is an amusement park called The Fun Spot that has go-cart tracks, rides, games, food and such. So a great place if you have kids. It is also within 5 minutes or so of Universal Studios, Wet N Wild and CityWalk,with plenty of restaurants and activities in between. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. It was nice and spacious. It reminded me of a nice apartment. There is a full kitchen, washer and dryer, balcony, living room, and dining table for 6. The master bedroom had an in-room jacuzzi tub and separate bathroom with shower. The second room had two queen beds and a second bathroom with shower/tub combo. The resort has been newly renovated and looks nice and up to date. The pool is a nice size and they also have a jacuzzi. There are a lot of activities every day at the resort for families. My only complaints are the registration office is in the back corner and has no covered area to get to it (the day we checked in it was pouring rain). And also the elevators were broken the second day we were there and were not fixed all night. So we wAlked 5 flights of stairs to our room every time we came and went. Besides those things we would stay there again because of the location and low key atmosphere there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank flprincess463
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My Mom and I stayed Fri-Mon as a guest of a friend that is a timeshare owner. I was skeptical after reading mixed reviews. I was very surprised and happy with our stay! The room was GREAT! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only problem we had was jetted tub not working. Maintenance came up to fix. Wash cloth was stuff in the water intake. Pool, hot tub etc were clean and relaxing. We stayed in phase I and the room was great. They think of everything and have it there. The only down sides were both buildings face the parking lot and unless you are in a ground floor room you have to walk all the way around the building to get to the pool area and you have to pay for internet. Other than that.....WONDERFUL long weekend getaway! Lots to do around the resort and Matteo's Family Style Italian is a MUST for dinner! YUM!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

I arrived with a cold and unable to smell anything (I thought!!). The mold smell was so strong in our 'renovated' room, I was annoyed at our decision to stay here. The mold is probably in the complete HVAC system; it's visible on some of the HVAC vents. Simply cleaning will only put more of it in the air so I haven't said anything to management. Anyone with a nose can smell it so they have to know about the problem. We have two rooms in the newer building. Both have a strong musty smell. They're not side by side so I suspect the problem affects the entire building. Keeping the fan on has helped but we can't keep the windows open this time of year. I hope my congestion lasts until we leave. Hard to enjoy our vacation when I'm worried about the health affects from breathing while in our villa.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I recently stayed 4 days at this location as a quick getaway for my wifes birhtday. as Bluegreen owners we usually stay at the fountains but this time we didnt want to be so far from universal studio. we got a 2 bedroom which is modeled after the rooms in the Fountain. (totaly satisfied as a Blue Green Owner)

this location is unique for many reasons.
(1) being that is at the top of I drive makes it a prime location for all the theme parks.
(2) if you like to party then the 5 minute drive to Universal City Walk is well worth it.
(3) the folks at the check in Have all these 2 for 1 drink vouchers for the city walk/park passes and discounts which makes it even a better Vacation (cost effective)
(4) which goes back to #1 great location for families with the intention of enjoying all the attractions in the area to include the theme parks with in walking distance.

By the way im already planning my return to the sunshine...
Hope this Helps

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmel316
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The button to start jets in tub was broken, but was fixed as soon as maintenance was notified. Very pleasant, great location, quiet!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

I just returned from two separate two night stays at the Orlando's Sunshine Resort that were the bookends on a trip to St. Pete Beach. Along with my wife and young daughters, we stayed at Sunshine 2 and then at Sunshine 1 on the return using our Bluegreen Points. Checking in was easy, even on the one night when we got there after the office was closed, the Security Guards had no problem doing a late check in. Both stays were in very similar rooms, 2 bed, 2 bath suites with full living rooms and kitchens. Both suites had to be 1,200 Sq foot or better. Both master bedrooms had two person jacuzzi tubs. As we are beginning to expect from Bluegreen, the rooms are nicely appointed and very clean. Sunshine 2 is nicer the Sunshine 1, but that is due to either the building just being newer or a more recent refurbishment. It is located just off of International Dr. behind a strip mall and near a small amusement park, but noise was not an issue for us at all. The hotel is about 5 minutes from Universal and Wet and Wild and 20 minutes to Sea World and Disney. I wouldn't hesistate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family