“DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #290 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. I have never written a bad review but in this case felt it was very important that everyone should know that please do not ruin your holiday by staying here. You can get something similar in price and much better. I am not a fussy person. I generally only have two requirements, the hotel is to be clean and safe. This hotel was disgusting. The bad reviews are completely true. It smells really bad, there are stains everywhere. There was even mold in my room. I can understand the frustration of people working at this location which led to not great service. I truly feel sorry for them as they probably have to deal with many irate guests. It really isn't their fault as they have little to work with. I can understand that management cannot afford to revamp this property with the way this economy is going. There is a couple of things they could do like get rid of the moldy pictures on the wall. Maybe pull out the carpet, I would think it is the same one put down when the hotel was originallly built. A new coat of paint does wonders, please consider doing this. Even consider doing one room at a time. There were also cockroaches in the room. This could be because it is very hot in Florida, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Room Tip: There is nothing good at this property. Just stay home if this is your only choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

second time staying in this hotel , i found the room great had 2 big kingsize beds , there was a good sized table , plenty of hanging space for clothes etc , and a nice table and chairs , the rooms are slightly dated in decor but clean and fit for purpose , the reception area is busy most times to use the free wifi , reception staff are friendly and helpful , great base for visiting the theme parks and there is a ticket desk in the reception for the shuttle buses to the parks , there are loads of places to eat on the door step and wet and wild is across the street , as we had a car there was no need to use the shuttle buses , in all a great day to get your head down and there is also a pool just next to the reception

Room Tip: ask for a low floor as you can get out and in to your car and your off
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Grc1234
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

IGNORE ANY BAD REVIEWS!!! We have just recently returned from an 18 night stay in this hotel. We also stayed in August 2010 for 16 nights. This is a fantastic hotel for those on a budget. At the end of the day when your in Orlando how much time do you actually spend in your hotel room? We prefer to stay in a cheaper hotel so that we have more money for the theme parks and shopping! Staff are really helpful and friendly, especially Mertylina (sorry if its spelt wrong!), Brian and Alex. We had a minor issue with the hair dryer not working, it was sorted on that day. Having stayed before we requested the same room and they were happy to accommodate us, we also had a friend come and stay for 3 nights during our holiday and they put him in the room next door to us. Our room was always clean, housekeeping changed the towels daily and the bedding when we requested (by leaving a placard on the bed) They provide a free safe and the room also has air con and a fridge-freezer. The hotel is in a great location, across the road from wet & wild, a 15 minute walk from universal and they provide a free shuttle to Disney (note that MOST hotels DO NOT offer this service, our friends stayed at a more expensive hotel and were expected to pay $18 per trip for a shuttle!) You can also use the I-trolley to venture up and down I drive and sea world ($1.50 pp) and the lynx bus service is great too (especially if you want to go a bit further) There is a coffee shop at the hotel which provides tea/coffee/hot chocolate and many breakfast items for great low prices. They provide free wifi in the hotel lobby and pool area for if you desperately need that Facebook fix! Both times we have had fantastic stays, would recommend this hotel and we will definitely be going back!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank B3AN87
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Only stayed at the hotel for one night before driving to Miami. The location is very close to Universal Studios which is great. You get free parking and wifi (only near the pool and reception area). The hotel / Motel is not more than 2 stars. The room was clean but the hotel and room itself was rundown and could need some refurbishment. Friendly staff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DollyOslo

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just got back from a two week stay at this hotel. The hotel is a bit rundown, but the price reflected that. The room was clean, fresh clean white towels everyday, bed sheets were always clean, staff were very friendly, I used the wifi in the lobby with no issues, I used the microwave and it was always clean and I didn't have to wait to use it, the pool was always clean (and it gets lots of sun throughout the day).

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of Universal and lots of restaurants on International Drive. I used the I-Ride to get to the outlet malls, only cost $1.50 per journey and there is an I-Ride stop right outside the hotel. I used the Lynx bus to get to the Florida mall, this was only $2.00 per journey, and again, there is a bus stop right near the hotel. Wet n Wild is also just across the road. There is a small Walgreens next door to the hotel, which is very handy. I used the hotel complimentary shuttle bus to Disney and back, it was on time and the driver was very friendly.

The hotel was cheap and cheerful, it is not perfect, it could certainly benefit with a fresh cost of paint and some sprucing up, they could do with buying some newer sunbeds for people out by the pool (but the ones they have are okay, they are just clearly quite old), basically it was cheap, but it was good enough for me, I was hardly in the hotel anyway, there is so much to be out seeing and doing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Naomi L
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Arrived here on a thursday, and checked out monday morning, and this was about as much as I would`ve wanted to stay. We only visited Orlando as we desperately needed to escape the UK weather and Virgin had a great sale on, and based on that, given the nightly rate, it was a great little trip. We were out of the hotel apart from just to sleep.

Its a great locale for Universal resort and Sea World (both a quick shuttle bus away) and the beds are comfortable and the staff enthusiastic and helpful.

However, its very dated, in need of a lick of paint, close to a noisy freeway and has no wifi in the rooms. (Everyone gathers in the lobby all day and all night to get their desperately needed Facebook fix).

For a random trip to see the highlights of Orlando, it is fine, however if you are coming here as a `once in a lifetime` family vacation, you will be massively disappointed...stick to the resort hotels for that kind of thing.

Room Tip: Try and get back facing as the front is full of wifi seeking guests chatting at all hours
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Medellin, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I know it is cheap, and I was expecting ugly, but I think cleanness is just a MUST.
Shower was disgusting, the shower curtain shows no cleaning, towels are like yellow, and I felt I couldn't be bare footed on that carpet because Ill get an infection.

We arrived at 1am, and checked out at 8am
I am so glad my husband got a different hotel

• Stayed May 2013