“Great location. Basic but suitable.”

Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #117 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Calgary, Canada
“Great location. Basic but suitable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights before our cruise. We had a one bedroom suite. It was clean, but very basic. We did not get the chance to experience the pool, but the breakfast was great. I only wish it was a bit longer. Ends at 0930, by 0915 the staff is already cleaning up.

The room was a bit small, especially after we pull out sofa was open, no room to move.

Internet worked great.

There was a very bad smell that we could not get rid of, but other than that, no major complaints.

I was surprised to see that this was the property that Steve Joyce the CEO of Choice Hotels stayed at about 2 years ago, so it was kind of interesting to see that the property still looked almost the same, but at least we did not get stuck in the elevator like he did!

1 Thank audreyalan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Hebrew first
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stopped at the Quality Suites overnight on our way to Miami. I must say that we were extremely happy with our room and with the hotel staff.

Our room had a small kitchenette which was stocked with dishes and pans for a family of four. It also had a "full-sized" refrigerator and dishwasher, I could easily imagine staying here for a week while exploring Orlando.

There were 2 TV's - one in the living area and one in the bedroom - which was convenient when we wanted to watch different shows. The room was bright and sunny. We faced the parking area and overlooked a neighboring hotel, so the scenery left a little to be desired, but we were not in the room long enough to really notice a problem with it.

The morning hot breakfast area was neat and clean. The attendent made sure that the foods were hot and fresh. Our choices were scrambled eggs, sausage links, sausage gravy and waffles in addition to the cereal/pastry/toast and fresh fruit. The coffee was piping hot, tea bags were available for hubby and instant hot chocolate packets were available for the non-coffee drinkers.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook a pond while others are parking lot views. If you want scenery, ask for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda C
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Located just outside of Disney this hotel was perfect for me & my boyfriend. The service was very good, breakfast is basic but with lots of variety. FREE internet in the suite - very easy to connect and fast.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna-love-Thomas
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has an awesome location. It is down the row of all the other hotels, but you can't beat the price. We also liked it because it wasn't like some of the others around that had outdoor doors to get into your room.

Breakfast was free in the morning (630-930). It had a good amount of options such as eggs, waffles, sausage, toast, yogurt, cereal and juices. Get there before 9 though to beat the rush that comes then.

The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our first night, we were unhappy with our room because we were right by the highway and it was pretty loud and also, if on the 4th floor, there is a arch in the windows and it can get pretty bright if your facing a certain way. We asked the next morning and they changed our room for us. We got moved to a room that was actually just repainted and the rugs were shampooed. They are doing that to all the rooms currently. The beds were comfy but the pillows were a bit too high for my liking. Kitchen was fully stocked and there was more than enough closet space and drawers.

The pool was very nice, but I was the only person I seen use it the whole time I was there (6 nights). The only complaint I have is the workout room. I tried it out and the stair machine was old, the bike seat shook the whole time I was on so couldn't use that, and you need to get a key from the front desk to use the treadmill, but when you are running on it, the belt is not working properly and it "sticks". I'm pretty small too so I'm not sure but the treadmill is basically broken because even if walking or running it doesn't move correctly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank nmoris821
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This property just outside of Disney was fabulous. It started with Amina at the front desk - she had the total Disney attitude and was very happy and bubbly. She immediately made me feel at home and got us registered and into our room very quickly. She also provided us with tons of info on Disney to prepare us for our trip and more importantly included the kids to get them even more excited. The hotel feels like a very high quality hotel, but the cost was perfect. The pool area was nice - although we did not swim - to much other stuff to do.

The breakfast area was great. Lots of stuff to choose from - all very standard - eggs, waffles, sausage, fruit, cereal, etc., but it allowed for some choice for the kids - get some good food into them first thing in the morning.

The room was awesome with two rooms to allow us to put the kids to bed and stay up and watch some tv and talk and plan the next day. The bathroom was huge and my only complaint was that the vanity was quite small so we did not have much room to spread out our toiletries. They could have used a nice vanity/counter in their and it had plenty of room in there. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room was clean. The fact that we had a full kitchen including dishwasher was great - we did not use it to its fullest, but to have that option if needed is a huge plus.

The biggest complaint and it is not the hotels fault is the water in the orlando area. It has a distinct odor and both of my children were turned off by that. We had the same issue at Disney, but it is much less noticeable. When we took our showers in the morning - the smell can be a bit overpowering. Again that is not the fault of the hotel, but people need to be aware.

Overall I would highly recommend this property for anyone coming into Orlando - the location and the price were perfect and the experience was magical.

Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Loved the hotel, the suite with two rooms was perfect for our family vacation. The service was excellent and it is very clean. I want to let you know that there is a person in the Breakfast area, her name is Gena, she is the best employee there. She helped us make the waffles and goes beyond her duties to help you have a great stay. We want to thank her, it was very nice to meet her.

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious and clean
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

It was a great visit with friends and family. The best part of the trip was where I stayed! This Quality Suites Inn provided me with a one bedroom suite (w/kingsize bed) and all the amenities I needed. It was close to Downtown Disney, the Crossroads for dining and I-4 for travel convienience. The next time I come back this way, either for Universial Studios & or Disney I will stay here!

Room Tip: Go to the website for Choice hotels and chose Quality Suites Inn at Lake Buena Visita. I had a one...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo