The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 22, 2007

The Hotel is great . The staff is nice and friendly . The room was very clean the bed is amazing very confortable and there was a big plasma TV . The internet acess was free with your own laptop , free self parking and teh hotel is located inside the Florida Mall who has nice restaurants and very good stores .
I loved it .

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RASSIG

Reviewed March 13, 2007

Hi!

This was one of the WORST hotels that I have ever been to!! I took the advice of the people who had posted "excellent" comments about it and I was HORRIFIED when I arrived at the hotel. THEY ALL LIED! This hotel is so old and is in need of renovation (they said it has been..OKKKK)! The mall is not all that either. But, if you just want to go look around at Macy's or Dillard’s....OK. I'm sure you have a Macy's and Dillard’s where you live, so what's the big deal? BORING!

When my sister and I first arrived, we were given a room that was awful! It smelled awful in there and there were stains all over the sheets. The view was awful, too! We opened the window only to see a roof top that looked all moldy and nasty--some view, huh? We immediately called the front desk and told the guy who worked there (he had an attitude). He said they only had ONE room left in the WHOLE hotel (yeah right) and he could transfer us. It was supposed to be one of their "better rooms," I guess. Well, we ended up transferring to it which was a little better than the first, but I was still not impressed. The bathroom was gross! The tile was nasty and had mold between it. After showering, I felt dirtier than I did in the beginning! And get this, the covers were stained in this room, too--looked like blood! I requested new sheets and a comforter. The price is way too high to be staying in such a place! We couldn't get our money back though.

The hotel staff was not helpful at all. I called the front desk for information about nearby stores in the area because my sister needed Tylenol. The receptionist told me to go to a gas station to get them. After I walked MILES to a gas station down the road, I found out the next day that there was a CVS Pharmacy in the mall!! I was so mad! How come the front desk didn't know it was there?? How stupid is that? ....BLAH...The breakfast was OK, but it was overpriced and the guy who made omelets didn't know what on EARTH he was doing. It was sad!

Our weekend trip (Thank God it was only 2 days) to Orlando was HORRIBLE and I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I don't recommend that anyone stay at this location! Don't believe the "good" reviews you read about the hotel being very nice and pleasant! It was AWFUL! It smells bad and the carpet is FILTHY in the halls. These people who post "excellent" must be used to staying at crappy hotels to think that this place is superior!

I will NEVER visit Orlando again either. There's NOTHING there. If it wasn't for the theme parks, it would be a complete ghost town. There's nothing there but failing businesses... It's so slummy! I thought it would be nice, but I was wrong. Having visited Southern California so many times and then going to a place like this was SHOCKING!!! I thought there would be a similarity--WRONG AGAIN!!

Anyway, don't stay at this hotel. KEEP LOOKING!!!! And if you can help it, don't go to Florida!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank Coolwindzephyr
Reviewed February 13, 2007

The room was clean and the area was ok. The Mall attached to the hotel is very nice and upscale. Kind of a tourist trap as prices were higher in this mall than what I have seen in other places but what do you expect with its proximity to Disney. The problem was really its distance from the Convention Center. The traffic was terrible getting too and from here so if you have plans to go to the Convention Center or Disney I wouldn't stay here. If you are staying at the convention center get something on I-Drive or Universal Drive as close to the Convention Center as possible so you don't have to drive. If you are going to Disney stay at Disney as it will be worth the headache of trying to navigate the traffic. Having said all of this if your plans don't include going to either of the before mentioned places I would recommend this hotel as it was clean and the shopping was right there.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank JohnsonSeattle
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I write this review from my laptop as I sit at a nice desk in front of a a wall mounted flat-screen LCD hdtv, drinking a coffee I purchased this morning at the starbucks located in the hotel's very nice lobby.

My sleep last night was disturbed by loud neighbors having some kind of a party. At 4am, someone told them to leave. So, what others have said about thin walls is true. It shoudl be noted though that you could hear a pin drop the first night.

Speaking of noise, the bathrooms, while all beautifully done in black marble or granite, have noisy flourescent lights that hum, and the toilet, at 4am, will seem extremely loud as the tank refills. You will be tempted to keep the bathroom door closed after using it.

Another issue with the room is the afformentioned television. The TV is hooked up to a box which allows it to be controlled only from the provided remote, and the provided remote does not have controls for changing anything but volume. This means that you cannot switch the TV to video input if you wish to review the video you took on your prior day's adventures.... Unless you know the trick. The trick is that up under the TV is a power brick plugged into an extension cord. Unplugging that brick disables the lockout on the TV's front controls so you can switch to video. Even with this disabled however, the TV was poorly designed for wall mounting, and the inputs are all on the left back side, and very difficult to examine or make use of. Still with persistence and a bit of contortion, you can accomplish this feat.

Other comments on the room; the wall sockets are loose and need to be replaced. The vent is located in a location where if you have AC on cold air will blow right over the desk. I set the temp to 72F to alleviate this issue. The room comes with a new safe, fridge, and coffee maker, but with starbucks so conveniently placed in the lobby, there's really no need for the latter. Also, the room does not have a microwave, so there is no way to reheat your food if it gets cold. (I suppose you could rewarm your starbucks coffee in the coffee pot in an emergency.)

Speaking of convenience, I almost forgot to mention that this place is connected to a huge shopping mall. And there are lots of chain stores right across the street. Need to go to sears? It's in the mall. Need to go to Best Buy or Barnes and Nobles? They're across the street. The mall also has a food court, and a restaraunt or two connected to it. And of course there is room service, which appears to have very nice menu items listed which aren't too expensive.

And speaking of expenses, this hotel is a great deal; IF you can manage to avoid all the extras they try to tack on. First, room service is $5 a day. You obviously want room service, and I don't think this is optional, so the advertised price on the websites that travelocity sugested which I paid, ($111 a night) is not entirely accurate. Second, the only place to unload your bags unless you want to drag them across the parking lot is right in front of the lobby where bellhops wil be waiting and asking you if they can bring in your bags and park your car. I accepted the help with the baggage for which I tipped the guy $5, but I declined the valet service despite his repeated attempts to sell me on the idea. After avoiding the valet parking pitfall which was $10, I inquired about whether they had a laundry service. They do, but you may not want to use it. It will cost you $8.00 to have them wash a single pair of pants, and $3.00 for a single pair of undershorts. As it would have been almost as expensive to get my undershorts washed as it would be to buy new ones, I simply walked down to sears and grabbed a new set of three for $10. It would probably cost you close to $100 to have your laundry washed at these rates. I can wash all my own stuff for less than $2 when I return home, thank you very much!

Now you might say that $111 isn't much of a deal. I had a guy selling timeshares in the mall below tell me I got screwed. Not according to travelocity I didn't. This was one of the cheapest hotels in the area, and probably the most convenient; being less than 10 miles from most of the major attractions like Seaworld, Medieval Times dinner theatre, and Gatorland, and having a mall with a hundred or more stores connected to the lobby. I stopped that the rattiest dive hotels down in the keys that I could find and not one there was less than $100 even though everyone down there kept suggesting places and saying they were $60-$70. Most places there were $150+. And around here according to travelocity, $110 is pretty much the cheapest thing available.

Sure, maybe if I spent hours looking for a cheap place I could have saved $40 a night. But believe me, you'll be GLAD you spent the extra money. Even with all the issues I mentioned above, this place is worlds apart from crummy Best Westerns and Holiday Inns. (And even those were better than the places I stayed for $100, those ones were $150 down in the keys.) Consider how much you will blow on the area attractions. I practically made up for the extra cost of the hotel just by not buying the outrageously priced food and souveneir t-shirts at Seaworld.

Oh, and the beds are NOT hard. They're firm, with a soft layer on top. I slept like a baby.

For all its minor faults, I would defnitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to the area. However, since I'm not interested in seeing Disney or Universal, I'll have done all the good things are are to do in the area after I leave, so I may not be back to Orlando.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
11  Thank DigitalRebelXti
Reviewed February 3, 2007

I stayed here January 31-February 2, 2007 for a business meeting.

PROS:

Free Parking
Free Shuttle to Disney Parks
Many reasonable restaurants in mall food court
Starbucks in lobby
Decent workout room, Life Fitness equipment, a few free weights
In-room safe (no charge)
In-room refrigerator
New, wall mounted TV's
Free high speed internet access

CONS:

Unless you love shopping (it is just a mall), no movie theatres etc.
Nothing else around, except chain restaurants
Requested a king room (four months ago), told they were sold out.
No affiliation with any hotel reward program

One tip: We had a rental car, however there is a shuttle from the airport which is less then 10 minutes away, $23.00 round trip.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank Marius40
Reviewed February 2, 2007

Hotel has been renovated since it was the Adam's Mark; upgraded room was somewhat larger with a sofa. Overall, an average hotel attached to a pretty nice mall. Check in was competent.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank heathjp
Reviewed January 27, 2007

We flew into Orlando and took a taxi to the Florida Hotel. This hotel we booked through Royal Caribbean as we were going on a cruise the next day.
The hotel itself is very nice and attached to a huge Mall. The taxi ride from Orlando Airport to the hotel was $27.00!
Although the hotel was nice I would only go there again if the hotel offered a shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple