“Great hotel for the money, clean, with great staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
stuart,fl
“Great hotel for the money, clean, with great staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel on two different occasions, and both were great experiences. Our room was nice, clean and quite spacious for the great price we got. I love being attached to the mall, especially nice on a rainy day. The cricketter bar & lounge downstairs have great deals and a welcoming staff. Would stay again in a minute if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

We arrived at the beautiful Florida Hotel on a Saturday evening and were greeted after about 5 minutes by a pleasant bellman. We went to our lovely room and went to sleep. My mother pointed out a suspicious brown spot on our bed and mentioned a foul smell on her bed she was sharing with my son. The next day, my son became ill with a stomach flu, to which we attributed to the filthy sheets on his bed. He missed one day at Disney costing me $50. Then my mother became ill and she is missing a day at a conference costing her $500! I expect to become ill and lose a day at the conference and Disney costing $600. When I approached both the front desk manager AND the general manager, my claims were dismissed by saying that the documentation of a maid checked out that the sheets were changed. I rarely complain, so I feel justified. Also, I own my business and I know employees falsify paperwork. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? I feel slighted and I am thoroughly disgusted. I would go just down the road to the Radisson at Sandlake, but I don't want to lose anymore money from this terrible situation.

• Stayed January 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

The rooms and conference rooms are very accomodating. The staff strive to meet our every need.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Pembroke Pines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

This hotel is connected to the Florida Mall! It is very nice and close to everything. Its less than 10 min from Universal, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from, less than 5 min off the turnpike. Each room had a Lg flat screen tv and you can order some movies that are still in theaters on your tv! Awesome gym room with all equipment hooked up to a flat screen tv! For the price this hotel will definitly have my business for a long time to come.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
myrtle beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

I atttended a Christmas Conference with Campus Outreach Ministries this past December which was hosted at The Florida Hotel and Conference Center. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and the cleaning ladies were wonderful. I enjoyed my stay very much and was glad that all of the ammentities the hotel offered made me feel right at home, actually better than at home. The mall is connected right to the lobby of the hotel which made everything convenient. If I go back to Orlando I will definitely consider it my top choice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
SWEDEN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

The hotel is located in! the mall wich makes it so easy to drop of the bags in the room and continue shopping! Just by the entrance there is a nail and day spa who makes GREAT manucure and pedicurees, they are very nice too. We got the best service from the desk personell at the hotel, they recomended Charleys steakhouse. It was so good, that I cannot find the words..! It will be the firtst resturant I visit next time! Also the italian reestautant inside the mall was fantastic!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

We were very pleased with the room and amenities. The best part was the excellent value for the great quality.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple