The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I regularly use this hotel for business, staying for between one and four nights. It has never let me down, even when I've had to have a room at short notice.

Reception staff are always helpful, and check-in and check out are always managed in an efficient yet friendly manner. Although always busy, even the cleaning staff are friendly and will, if given the opportunity, pass the time of day.

The restaurant and bar are always popular; many of the customers are regulars so the atmosphere is always convivial. Naming both after long serving and popular members of staff is a nice touch, adding to the ambiance.

Even the bell captains are friendly, regularly going the extra mile for short term storage solutions and sourcing unusual transport requests, such as finding bicycle rentals and then finding secure storage whilst using other hotel facilities. Many thanks Joey!

All in all, a friendly hotel in an excellent location. Although I invariably use the hotel for business I would have no hesitation in using it as a base for a family vacation.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed the first two nights of our trip at the Florida Hotel. All of the staff were very professional, friendly and helpful. Wish we could have stayed there the entire time.
All of the facilities at the hotel are great, go online and check it out.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We love the fact that the hotel is connected to a huge mall; the amenities are great; easy access to restraunts, food court and Starbucks! Not far from Disney World, Universal Studios or Sea World. Great experience!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is fabulous. Friendly staff and excellent service. The rooms are spacious and modern. There is a starbucks in the lobby and a small shop and you are within the Florida Mall itself. There is a lovely pool with plenty of sunbeds, its very clean. The gym is really good a swell and the hotel is just very impressive. There is a good bar in the hotel called Crickets where you can also order great room service from. They also do a fantastic breakfast buffet that offers really good value in the restaurant. For smokers there is also a nice terrace at the front of the hotel. Target is a short walk away and the designer outlet mall is not far by car. Also about a 20 dollar taxi ride to Universal studios or there is a bus service that runs from outside the hotel also. Would definitely recommend this for your stay in Orlando!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My son and I decided on a last minute trip to Orlando and booked The Florida Hotel for the last five nights of our trip, we made the right choice without a doubt.
The front staff were efficient, very polite and friendly, all the time.
Any request we had, was met instantly without fuss. Good facilities all close to hand.
Our room was very spacious, large wall mounted TV with loads and channels plus recent released /older films at extra cost if wanted, our room was very well serviced, had full size fridge, microwave, nice toiletries and the beds were so comfortable! Loads of good plump pillows too.
Starbucks on site, Cricketer's bar very friendly service, good food and atmosphere, we did not try the other restaurant.
The location was great just a few minutes drive from all attractions/shopping venues.
Our biggest thanks though, go to the 24 hour valet service, what an amazing team of people. I did not hire a car this time and used many taxi's. They were there to assist all the time, not just getting a taxi but with a whole host of information and efficient beyond belief. Overall an excellent stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have visited Orlando for 20+ years. Every time I went to The Florida Mall, I thought how it would be 'every girls dream 'to stay in the hotel at the mall. In June 2014 myself and a friend had opportunity to stay:) . Our stay was fantastic, great hotel, the staff were so friendly and helpful.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, fluffy towels and really comfortable beds. The pool was huge and all amenities fantastic. Convenient to the airport, 15-20 min taxi ride.
Last but not least...being able to walk from the hotel lobby into the mall was great, when we shopped till we almost dropped, just a short walk back to our hotel room for a rest on the big comfy bed.:)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I absolutely LOVED my stay at the Florida Mall Hotel. It is only about 10 minute drive to Universal which is very convenient with a Walmart and other shopping areas just down the street. I have been going to Orlando for years and this was my first time staying there and now I will still there every time. It is gorgeous! As you drive up to it, you see the beautiful water fountain outside then as you continue inside, the lobby is decorated with an incredible chandelier with escalators leading up to the second floor. The front desk receptionists were professional, helpful, and well-trained. I requested to change rooms and they accommodated me right away and even checked on me later than night to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.

The room was clean, spacious, and modern. The bathroom was well-kept with the convenient toiletries needed. I liked the fact that you needed your room key to even go up the elevator which keeps it safe and secure especially since it is connected to the Florida Mall, which I believe is the biggest mall in Florida. The mall has a plethora of stores and a large food court as well. They have a Starbucks inside the hotel along with a deli type store where they let me use the microwave to warm up my left over dinner. I enjoyed using the amenities including the gym, pool, and business area. The Florida Mall is beautiful, new, and modern. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business