Having read so many excellent reviews, I think it set my expectations too high--- better for me to be plenty surprised by a 2 star that ends up okay than a 5 star that was average-good/underwhelming.
I stayed here due to attending a seminar that was being held there. For this purpose the location was good-- not right in the middle of the I-drive/ Disney tourist crowds, and having the mall there provided ample convenient lunch options during our lunch breaks.
The room was clean and modern, but on the small side, and all of the pillows were thicker than what we like--- if there is going to be eight pillows in the room, have some variety for different sleep preferences. It was also nice to the the frig. and safe in the room. It was annoying the bathroom door was of the type that automatically closes, since the a/c did not seem to be strong in the bathroom, it became quite humid in there after a shower, so we needed to find something to keep the door propped open. The room was very quiet, never heard a neighbor, even being right by the elevator, never heard noise.
My husband used the pool and fitness areas, and found them to be of good quality..
Staff were friendly and professional.
I also started to get annoyed by all the comment cards--- everyday, twice a day, at the seminar, at checkin, in the room-- overkill.
We had a good rate for the seminar, so I guess overall it was a decent value, even when the $18 fee is added on----- I find these fees annoying--- paying for things less expensive motels can provide in the room rate--- but like I said, still a decent enough value for the quality of hotel.
If I was coming to Orlando for touristic purposes, it would not be the location I would choose, but for an on site conference, I would stay again if the price was still right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at The Florida Mall, the Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels including a Starbucks in our lobby and direct mall access. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, we are at the center of everything there is to do in Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Mall Hotel Orlando