The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the FL Hotel in April 2013. Living in Orlando I have never been inside of the hotel and was amazed at how beautiful it was. The hotel was well kept, clean, and the staff was on point. Any family and friends that come to visit I would suggest to stay at the FL Hotel. It is centrally located and who doesn't love being close to a mall let alone right inside one. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center!

1  Thank StephanieN714
Write a ReviewReviews (5,983)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I looked at a lot of places to stay in Orlando for my 20th anniversary with my wife. This one had a groupon deal which made it attractive. After reading many positive reviews I decided to try it.
I Liked:
1.) The location was perfect. in the middle of everything Orlando. Close to the airport but far enough away to never hear a plane.
2.) The fact that it is adjacent to the mall was a plus for us. This mall is worth walking thru, it has a lot of nice high end stores as well as unique stores like the "M & M" store. Also a nice large food court, Apple Store, Microsoft Store etc.
They have a very large sweet looking office area where you can use one of maybe 10 computers to get online, check email, print things etc. And it is all free with your hotel.
3.) Service was great. Every person had a smile and just wanted to help us. I had the unfortunate event of forgetting my laptop at the airport security where I flew out of. I contacted DTW and they shipped it to the hotel for me. The hotel typically charges $10 for receiving packages there but they waived it for me this time. The manager understood I already was feeling the pain of nearly losing my new laptop and then having to pay almost $90 to get it here in 2 to 3 days.
4.) The old italian gentleman running their classy resturant was amazing. He truly understood customer service and he was doing a great job instructing his staff of the same. from simple things like holding the door open to pulling the chair out for the ladies. I was very impressed.
5.) in the main hall there is a person there to simply help you with all your visiting plans. you can buy tickets from them as well as ask advice. They also have valuable feedback on many things from restaurants to souvenir shops. Plus they have coupons and such for dinners.

I didn't like:
1.) The Hotel is in the middle of a large mall parking lot. sure you don't even realize that once you are in it. but the ambiance of being in Florida "away from it all" felt a bit odd when the pool is in the parking lot and only a wall and some palm trees are hiding that fact from you.

2.) The office area was all Mac's. No PC's. not a major issue, but I needed much extra time navigating and finding things. It was not intuitive at all to me or my wife.

3.)There is a Starbucks at the hotel entrance as well as one right about 200 feet into the mall, BUT unfortunately neither of them carried the full food menu (ie breakfast sandwiches, croissants etc.)

4.) I woke up nearly every morning with lower back pain. I would go down to the jacuzzi and it did fade away shortly after that. But I was convinced our bed was much to saggy soft for my back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick W
Hotelier32819, General Manager at The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Rick W.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very detailed review of your experience at our hotel. From the entire team, congratulations to you and your wife on your 20th wedding anniversary! We are very pleased that after your research, you selected our hotel to celebrate such a very special occasion!

Firstly, thank you for highlighting the team here and the great hospitality you experienced – from the concern regarding the return of your laptop, and the small but very important service details observed in the dining room, to the excellent services provided by the concierge – all represented our hotel in the true spirit of exceptional service. Thank you for noticing the difference.

Secondly, on the lesser points, I certainly realize that while the location of our hotel is one of our strongest pluses, for many travelers a resort-type setting is synonymous when thinking of a Florida vacation. Our oversized swimming pool and plenty of lush greenery and seasonal flowers around, coupled with direct access under same roof to Central Florida’s largest indoor shopping mall – this truly is the best of both worlds to many of our guests. I am glad that the hot tub provided soothing relief for your back; we will definitely take a look at the bedding in the room you stayed, and do apologize for any discomfort.

On another note, your feedback on the menu selection in Starbucks is under consideration for future.

We value your business and certainly your feedback, and do hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again real soon!

Keith E. Wolling

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The convenience of the location to area attractions by major highway and the adjoining mall make it easy to relax, eat and shop at leisure after a busy day. The public areas of the lobby and second floor can be noisy and busy from tourist and conference attendees but the rooms are very quiet. I have come before and will return again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Davistravels
Reviewed May 3, 2013

From the moment we checked in to the day we left we had the most fabulous time at this hotel. The location is of course perfect for shopping with a great mall attached, but was also ideal for visiting the various theme parks whilst on our vacation. To then have the lovely pool option to enjoy the sun, which was quiet and relaxed, was another tick in the box. What topped it all was the outstanding customer service and helpfulness of all the staff. Whether it was in the Bistro or Cricket's Bar, grabbing a coffee and pastry at Starbucks, or just asking for some advice, everyone was so so friendly and kind. Outstanding, and thank you to all the staff for making our holiday so special. We will never forget our time at the Florida Hotel, perfect !

2  Thank Lindsay P
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We always stay here when visiting Orlando. It is close to many area attractions, and our family and friends. The staff always have smiles on their faces and make you feel like you are at home. Rooms are cozy, spacious and clean. Love the accessibilty to the mall, you never know when you need a "just in case" item. The upgrades to the business center and pool since our last stay are fantastic bright and clean. Our stay was enjoyable and we will recommend to all our family and friends

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We always stay here when visiting Orlando. It is close to the airport and easy to find as the adjacent Florida Mall is signed. The mall is straight out of the back of the hotel and has a great range of shops and a small food court. Rooms are large and toiletries are provided. My only complaint is you can hear the air con of the Mall from the back rooms although this has never stopped me sleeping. Happy hour in the bar is good with two for one selected drinks. Extra charges as mentioned in other reviews have to be paid but we keep returning which is the best recommendation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front wings are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paulnhelenj
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We usually stay on site when visiting WDW, but this trip was chaperoning a high school group. For the price, (about $130/night), we couldn't ask for much more. Nice clean rooms, Starbucks in the lobby, and attached to the Florida Mall for those rainy days. Ten minutes to WDW, even closer to Universal and Sea World. Does have an $18 resort fee which you can wave if you don't mind not having the room serviced daily.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends