“Wonderful stay!”

Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #14 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My stay at the hotel was great! All staff members were professional and always with a smile. Crickets was a great eat and great drinks. Bar staff was amazing. Pool was always clean and stocked with towels! Bellman always smiled, helped, and answered questions when asked.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sterling, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently spent a week at this hotel with my Family. The service was exceptional and the staff was the friendliest around. The Manager Mr Wolling, could not have been more attentive to ensure a positive experience for every guest!
I highly recommend The Florida Hotel as the experience and value was the best in the area!
Maureen

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Coats, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

great place to lay your head in a great comfortable room after a hard day of meetings, or shopping at the Florida Mall. Plenty of places to eat at the mall or in walking distance (if you like to walk) or stay in at hotel and enjoy great food. Great fitness room, great pool and hot tub.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recently spent a week at this facility on business. The service was outstanding. The personal room accomodations were clean and had easy access to Wi Fi network. During my time here, I had experienced a variety of room settings and events. Each event was well prepared by the hotel staff. Any extras needed were immediately provided.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was amazing I would have given this place a 5 but the $18 fee they charge for the 2 nestle waters parking and a paper you won't even get. The staff is excellent very knowledgeable and friendly. Only downside it was further away from seaworld than I liked but nothing to really complain about. I will return to this hotel and I will also recommend

1 Thank travelfam305
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

They charged me $18 for complimentary service! I didn't ask if it was optional (i was tired and it was late) but I encourage you to ask for it. Why pay $20 for 2 bottles of water, parking inside a bar gate (there's tons of other parking and I felt the area to be quite safe).
They were supposed to give me a newspaper I think but there was none at my door.

Front desk was great! No complaints!
Lobby is super nice, nice gym, business center - although I didn't use any - they all looked good.

Everything was clean. Room was great.

Bed was OK not great.

For everything above I paid about 150 bucks something total with the stupid $18 service fee and couple $ in taxes. I booked through hotels.com. For a single guy, I think I could have saved staying somewhere else. But for family or couples, it may be great!

I would definitely stay here again and recommend my family to stay too.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel does have a great exercise room and the pool is very nice. I will say that the staff was very friendly.The rooms are super small and for $160 we got 2 double beds. The hotel has no free breakfast and that will run you $11 for cold or $15 for hot. The food is not very good and stays the same every day. The hotel is connected to the mall and you can get dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. The restaurant is connected to the mall and the food is very good.
If you want to go to Disney there is no shuttle service. The cab round trip will run you between $90 and $120.
The hotel room offered nothing special. The double beds were not even close to as nice as a Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn Express. I am a business traveler and I have never even seen a double bed while traveling. Bring you own shampoo and soup because the hotels is not good at all. The conference rooms and food we not special at all. I went to a work associates room and he had a king sized bed, but the same small room layout.
There is a grab and go store in the hotel, but prices are much better in the mall. We also had a pick pocket following us through half of the mall. When we asked locals they said that the mall is in a high crime area. The last time I was in Orlando we had a conference at the Twin Dolphin and it blew this hotel out of the water.

5 Thank Rob2222
Hotelier32819, General Manager at Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear “Rob2222”

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on your visit to Orlando and for highlighting the friendliness of the staff in our hotel, the great exercise room and the nice pool area . I am truly very sorry that you were not equally impressed with the other areas mentioned and regret any shortfall of expectations. I can assure you that it is not for a lack of effort from the entire team to provide the best possible experience to you our very valuable guest, but certainly understand that we were not a well suited match. Being attached to the Florida Mall is one of the great pluses of our hotel and your five-star rating of the mall is right on! Regretfully, we all must be prudent no matter where in the world we travel to preserve the best experience. Again, thanks for taking the time to write a review, and I do hope that your next visit will be more delightful.

Keith E. Wolling, CHA