“All round good experience”

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“All round good experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Florida mall hotel is warm, friendly and excellent value for money, the staff are not overly nice and in your face, they strike a good balance which in my experience is difficult to to in the service industry... If you like to shop then this is the place for you...
The pool area is ok,it's clean and a decent size but it's just lacking something. !
Overall however a good hotel to stay for quick layovers in Orlando

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days, I had the best experience! the location is super the hotel is near a publix, target , walmart and several places to eat and the best part is it's connected to the mall that has a CVS inside! The service was outstanding and the room was spotless! I slept like a baby on the bed... Please give this hotel a try you will LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.. if you skip the daily bed making by the staff you will receive a starbi...
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I arrived on a red eye Flight which was a "Fiasco" from Houston with my elderly Mother and son. I was already upset at the whole ordeal with the Airline. I have to say that at 2:30 A.M. when no MANAGER or SUPERVISOR is around is when you can truly measure the worth of your employees...I was impressed with the prompt service I was received . Andy greeted us and sympathized with my problem, the security guard William was amazing he served as our bellman, valet & even later when we requested xtra blankets and towells he delivered them !! That's what I call ABOVE & BEYOND SERVICE....Hotel is in great location and clean, but Service as these 2 gentleman rendered ,unsupervised, is the type of act that made me a loyal patron of this awsome Hotel !!!!! They made my experience a Paramount one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Always a great place for meetings. I staff a few groups as part of my job and all love to hold meetings here. We get excellent attention to detail from meeting coordinators and they quickly have us back on track if we've forgotten something or need some other last minute change. Food is always very good, served well and on time by friendly staff. I stay here approximately 5-7 times per year and I'm always happy to do so. Our attendees appreciate all the conviences of the mall, variety of restaurants in hotel and mall, nice guest and meeting rooms, friendly staff and Starbucks in the lobby! We're already setting meetings there for next year.

Barbados
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights with my boyfriend who was attending a show at the orange county convention centre. It was the perfect location, so convenient and close to everything you could need. The hotel is attached to the Florida Mall so i could easily go in and out of the mall whenever i wanted and there was no need for me to take taxis to and from shopping as i was not driving. The mall is really big and has all the stores you could want as well as department stores. The hotel has a huge lovely pool and is really beautiful and clean. There are 2 restaurants, a convenience store and a starbucks in the lobby. There is also a computer room with all new MAC computers. The staff is all very accommodating and very friendly. The rooms are spacious and nice and very quiet and relaxing. There are many restaurants close by as well as Walmart, Home Depot, Ross and lots more. The hotel is about 8 minutes from International Drive.

2 Thank Slk45
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Wonderful place to have a conference! Enjoyed being so close to the mall that I didn't have to leave for any reason once I arrived. Food, shopping, and anything else you would need right there! The accommodations were very nice, it was a quiet, relaxing hotel, and the staff were extremely friendly. I have stayed here before to do some Christmas shopping and will surely be back again. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I decided to make a last minute change in our planned trip to Fl before storm Isaac hit. We wanted to get an extra day of sun thinking we might get washed out a couple days. I found The Florida Hotel via tripadvisor, and was impressed with the reviews. I made the reservation for one night at a VERY decent rate of $89 using tripadvisor's discount, but there was a $15 fee added to this. We parked the car ourselves in the big lot in front of the hotel as we only had a couple bags to bring in. Check-in was a breeze and the desk clerk was very friendly. Our room was ready for check-in a couple hours early. The room and bathroom were very clean. We had lunch at Cricket's in the lobby which was quiet on a Sat. afternoon. Nice chat with the bartender/server Eric (from Ohio!). A limited lunch menu but the burger was great! We spent the afternoon in the walled-off and private but very spacious pool area in front of the hotel and got the sun we wanted. Dinner (appetizers) and drinks back at Cricket's with the numerous flight crew members from the British airlines' who stay at the hotel on a regular basis. After dinner we went shopping (Macy's) in the large attached Florida Mall which was crowded on a Sat. night. The only concern was a report we saw on the bar TV that a car jacking took place in the mall parking lot that day (I don't think this is a regular occurrence). The night was quiet and the bed was comfortable. We got coffee from Starbucks which was conveniently located in the lobby. Easy check-out with a key drop box on the way out. We would definitely stay here again on a trip back to Orlando!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple