My wife and kids had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a week and were totally satisfied with the hotel, room, and staff. upon arrival we were greeted by some of the friendliest people i have ever met in the hotel industry. We were checked in by Kate (sorry i don't remember her last name) who practically fell in love with my kids to the point she was taking pictures with them. She gave us valuable information on where to stay in the hotel and how to maneuver around the area for amenities not found in the hotel. While the hotel is more business oriented (numerous conventions were being held at the time) it still has enough amenities to make the kids happy. Our room was located in the north tower and we took a high floor (18) as Tripadvisor reviews made it clear this would be a good vantage point to see the nightly Disney fireworks. The kids loved seeing it when we happened to be in the room at that time of night. The real kicker, however, was the hotel put on its own fireworks show on Friday at 9 pm. The fireworks are set off in the hotels golf course and from our balcony it was practically in our face. The kids were truly excited during the show. The hotel has some great people on their housekeeping staff too. Kim (sorry i don't remember her last name) was very helpful and attended to our every request. When we found a couple of things wrong with the room, the supervisor, Darius Nall, personally came to inspect and had things rectified almost immediately. We really appreciate all the efforts made by him and Kim in giving us the best experience possible at the hotel. The Falls Pool was great as was the kiddie pool and water slides. There is even a Lego play area for the little ones which my little loved. The hotel is HUGE but access to all points is conveniently laid. They have a shuttle to Disney which we used once only because we missed the time to come back the first time and had to wait so we decided to use our car after that just for our own convenience. Plenty of eateries within 10 minutes of the hotel in any direction you go. And the north tower has it's own parking lot so no need for shuttle bus back to tower or lobby after parking. In all i would DEFINITELY stay there and recommend it to anyone who asked.
My only con with the front desk staff was when we returned late one night and the hotel had just recovered from a blackout as i was told by a young lady at the desk. I informed her that the elevators in the north tower were not working. She proceeded to tell me the hotel had just experienced a blackout. Her tone and expression on her face was one of "duh, didnt you know we just had a blackout???" which we did not know since we just got back from a theme park. i then asked her if we could use the service/freight elevator. She replied no and i should walk up to my room...on the 18th floor. In other words take two sleeping kids (4 and 7) up 36 flights. When i told her that was out of the question she replied "well i can give you a $25 credit towards your bill." In an effort not to "lose it" I just turned my back and walked away back towards the elevators were my and sleeping kids were. We were then told by two security officers we COULD in fact use the service elevator to get to our floor.
That's the ONLY reason why i cant give the hotel an Excellent rating this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations include new Suites, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen opened January 2013, a rustic-style venue aimed at showcasing fresh and authentic family-style Italian cuisine with local farm inspiration. Experience the new Falls Pool Bar & Grill offering refreshing beverages and casual dining, a renovated game room with interactive games and a Kid's Zero Entry Pool and water playground with fountains, bubblers, water mushrooms, in-ground spray jets, water cannons and lily pads. Finally, slide into summer with a new slide tower featuring two, 200-foot winding water slides and one, 90-foot speed water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Orlando World Center Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Marriott