“Massive, and yet manageable”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #71 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Massive, and yet manageable”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our family of four stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center for our "Unconventional Orlando" (read, "no theme parks") Spring Break. We reserved two connecting rooms in the West Tower, which on Day 1 seemed like a far walk, but the bellman took the opportunity to give us a mini-tour on the way, which was really helpful.

We have stayed at many Marriotts before and this one is up to their high quality standards. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, food at the restaurants was very good. Our children are 7 and 9 and we spent lots of time in the hotel pools. We never had a problem finding an available chair and the staff was plentiful poolside. We ate at the Falls Bar & Grille (adjacent to pool) the most and there was something for everyone. In addition the breakfast buffet was out of this world. And there's a Starbucks in the lobby. For me, heaven.

The hotel is well located if you are going to Disney or Universal. In fact, it is so large that you can see it from the highway, which makes it difficult to be lost ;-D We would gladly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,170)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Many properties can give you a good room and a lovely pool but it is the professional staff at the Marriott World Center that makes you feel at ease and that they truly care about your stay.

Each morning I was greeted with a smile by Eteline of the housekeeping staff. She would ask if I had a nice day and how were my grandchildren. What a great was to start the day. And upon our departure there was Gary Boyer a bellman who has been with the property for 25 years. He was of great service and made us feel like he really cared about our stay and welcomed our return. He is soon to go to the Marriott Camel Back with his son who is getting his master's degree. I hope they make him feel like he did us.

The food was excellent and there were children's menu's at Siro's. The kids loved the hotel and there were activities, especially due to the Easter holiday. Again, it was the staff that made us all feel welcome, from the activities around the pool to the movies in the grand ballroom.

You can find less expensive hotels but you can not find a better staff.

While I am writing this due to my positive experience I would say that I questioned the resort fee. At 70 years of age I did not avail myself of activities and as a lifetime platinum member I normally would have gotten free internet and breakfast that was not offered at the MWC.

Room Tip: The pol view is great. And if you have a Western view you can see the fireworks from Disney each ev...
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 20, 2014

was greeted by "Stephen" at front desk which was a professional, comforting experience.
Great amenities, pool is spectacular, golf course is inviting. Well worth the journey to stay here!
i certainly will be back , looking forward to playing golf as well as dining in one of the restaraunts at this fine resort.
Staff carries a welcoming greet, and the location to all the parks and Florida mall is very convient as well. If you are in doubt , don't be, just book a stay and you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: pool view is great (if available)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I came to the marriott for Easter Weekend and my daughter had a blast with all the Easter activities!! Between the egg hunt and the Easter bunny himself delivering an Easter basket to her room she had so much fun!! The staff was great!! Even the gentleman who helped me at the front desk (Luis Rodriguez) was very helpful in making my stay as great as possible!! My daughter really enjoyed herself!! Thank you Marriott!!

• Stayed April 2014
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I travel and I stay at Marriott, period, end of story. I don't think twice about any other hotel. I must say....this experience was THE best I ever had!!!
From the time my wife and I arrived, Bellman Gary Boyer made us feel right at home. He explained everything to us and answered all questions.
The ELITE section at check in was armed with Walter...Marriott's secret weapon. This guy was also soooo much help I couldn't believe it.
My wife and I will be talking about this great resort for years to come. THANKS MARRIOTT!!!

Room Tip: Here's your tip for the day....you have to stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a great Marriott hotel and while we only stayed for one day, we had a wonderful experience. Spring break is never cheap, so the price is something I won't get into other than you get what you pay for.
If I have any gripe, it is the expensive valet parking and the self-parking to be so far away that you have to take a shuttle to get there. No point if you have lots of little bags like we did.
We arrived late and wanted to get two rooms close together, which eliminated rooms at a higher level with undoubtedly a much nicer view.
Other than that, we truly had a good time. Complimentary fridge, a great pool and unbelievably friendly staff were some of the highlights.
The beds were very comfortable with full blankets (I honestly can never get used to the wrap-around sheets in most hotels, so THANKS!),.
The highlight though was the breakfast, which was simply incredible. I could have sat there all day and eat, but then we would have missed Disney :)
I only wish they had activities for kids where parents could go off and get some alone time.
Other than those minor gripes, you can't go wrong with this one, just make sure you get a price you feel good about.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our trip started out with an early arrival as we were met by Eddie from Puerto Rico the best Valet in the place.He took my Truck and treated as it were his own. He saw that it was dirty from the pollen storm,he washed the truck and because I mentioned that I was going to a show the next day he kept the vehicle under the shelter. I could not ask for more. He went above and beyond what he needed to do.
I then went to check in and met Kelly from Washington state at the Platinum check-in. She with the help of Stephan(from Germany) were so sweet to upgrade us to a suite since we were celebrating an early anniversary and two little girls birthdays. She was great! Kelly would be there to help with an incident that occurred later in our stay.
Things were great until the "great ant invasion on the 16th floor". On the second day we were invaded by ants. We were delighted to meet Leroy and Will(technicians) on Tuesday night at 10:30pm when they came to be the heroes and sprayed the ants.(they came back that night) The next day they had the room sprayed by eco lab only to have the ants come back again. I then had another outstanding conversation with Kelly. She then helped me meet Front desk manager Tim. Tim went out of his way to help out with the Ant situation by taking care of our dinner for the evening. He also offered to move us to a new room for the night but we felt it was not necessary. Will the technician came back that evening to spray again. Unfortunately the ants were resistant to these efforts.
Upon check out we realized how great some of the staff had treated us in a bad situation. Big Thank You's go out to Eddie, Kelly, Tim, Stephan, Curt, Will and Leroy! Thanks again for all of the special things you did for our family. Hopefully when you stay at the Marriott Orlando World Center you will have the pleasure of meeting these great people.