“Nice convention hotel - great service - especially Diva!”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #62 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here in March as part of a convention. First thing you realize upon arrival is that this place is massive. Out convention was large, but there were easily 3 others going on at the same time and the property could still accommodate that many guests and traffic.
Lobby is very nice and spacious, with a full service Starbucks right there. The lobby bar is also a nice spot to relax and gather. Diva was our server both nights and she was amazing!!!!
Room was spacious, with a couch, desk as king size bed. There was also a nice balcony which was perfect for working outdoors and overlooking the property. Quick tip-if you are looking for convenience, as for a room in the first tower. The property is so massive that it is a decent walk to the other one.
As for the grounds, they were very nice. Pool area and law by the pool were beautiful and not too overcrowded. We ate at the pool bar one day for lunch and though I was not expecting much, the food ended up being great! Very pleasantly surprised.
We also had spa treatments one of the days and that was nice as well. The gym and steam room were also good.
Property is close to Disney parks and the upscale Premium outlets (5 mins away by car).
Overall a very nice conference focused hotel. If you are traveling with family I think you could find somewhere more family oriented nearby. I did see kids there and the staff seemed accommodating, but much more of a business feel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (5,180)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have to give a huge Thank You to Daisy, I missed a turn and ended up on I-4 again. Daisy stayed on the phone with me the entire trip back to the hotel. She was extremely helpful and provied the Ultimate Consumer Experience, Valet was amazing to! A thank you to Betty Massey for the hospitality. What an amazing team! Thanks to all!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The first day we arrived ,there was a packed convention . We were there for 4 days .We had to complain and sadly most of the staff needs better Hotel customer service only
"if u expect / prefer the Disney positive attitude " but slowly the place grew on us due to the excellent service by the following staff members . These few people should be mentors.
Joe front desk manager, Kim at the bar near the check in counter , great drinks .we ran into her a few times always cheery it was nice while staying there to see a friendly familiar face :) .Grisell from Makado went out of her way to accommodate . And Charley at Solaris breakfast buffet , friendly excellent chef ,explains food and you start salivating ;) and lastly from Solaris Beatrice from the islands excellent service ,attitude and she is on top of your needs so We kept returning to Solaris The true vacation dining experience we have come to expect ! I do not know if they will read this but Thank you ! for making it the excellent vacation experience .

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We are blessed enough to be able to go to Disney about 8 times a year and always stay at the World Center because of one person, Shane! We met him last year, while checking in and we just became friends. I always stand in his line, no matter how long it is, but alas, he was recently promoted and is not always out front. He knows what type room we would like and more importantly, he knows us by name. Shane always seems to be laughing and is genuinely glad to see us when we enter the lobby.

Two visits ago, he sent up champagne and strawberries for Valentine's Day. This last visit, he sent up champagne and chocolates as it was my birthday weekend. These may be of little cost to the hotel, but they make my family feel like part of the Marriott family.

We met Walter, at the front desk this past weekend as Shane was "in the back". He was amazing and picked up right where Shane had left off. There was a minor problem with the room that Shane had picked out for us but of course, he upgraded us as Shane came out. They kept my 3 year old happy during the process with stickers and chocolates until we were on our way upstairs.

Jerry brought up our luggage and we reminded him that we have had him several times before. He joking asked if he was good before and I told him that he most certainly was. That night, Jerry sent up cookies and milk for my daughter. She was so excited that it had been sent up just for her!

We used the shuttle service the last 2 visits and it was great. It was a large tour bus, very clean, and very nice inside. The drive is always on time and when he says they leave at 0915...do not show up at 0916 as you'll be left behind. Once you get the hang of it, the shuttle is the way to go.

We have forged a great relationship with the employees at the World Center but specifically with Shane. He is a true gentleman and seems to actually want us to have the best time possible during all of our stays. We tried to show a way of thanking him for all he has done for us and recently started making homemade cookies to bring. So I suggest that if you want a nice room and to meet an amazing person, bring some cookies and ask for Shane!

Room Tip: Pool view is obviously the best view as well as be away from the ice machine. If you self park, don...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have stayed at this property once each year for the last 3 years to attend a business convention.
On every visit have always had to ask for a room change. This time I changed rooms once but should have done it twice.
Every room I have stayed in was large, comfortable and well appointed. My first room on this visit was on the 3rd floor. The view from the window was of 2 roofs. There was a built up façade so could not really see anything except the roof. Ask for a change to view something besides the roof and was given a room in the west tower. I actually enjoy walking, so it was not a big deal to me that the room was as far away from the lobby as you can get. Had a nice view of a pool but the balcony door was locked because they are painting the outside of this wing.
Guess it should not be a big deal, but I traveled 2000 miles to stay at this property and all I ask is a room with at least a decent view. In the last 2 years had the same issues. What does it take to get a room with a decent view? Maybe $250 a night is not enough for a decent view.
The staff at this property are very nice and professional, the food was good but expensive.
The pools are excellent. I could really like this property if only I could get a decent view on my first try.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a decent room and no construction issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

gk681, thank you for posting another review from your most recent stay with us. I apologize that your room location was less than what you expected. We strive to meet our guest’s requests the best we can based upon availability at time arrival. The best way to ensure a specific room is to book a reservation with a guaranteed view. You can also add your request when making the reservation. Thank you again for your staying with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I do not write many reviews but in this case I feel compelled to share my thoughts. My wife, 11 yr old son and myself headed to Orlando for 2 nights/3 days at the Marriott Orlando World Resort. It was SENSATIONAL. The room was clean and very comfortable, the pools and waterslides were the best I have experienced in a hotel and the food was great. But the most impressive thing about this resort was by far, the Staff. Every person was friendly, caring, experienced. They made us feel right at home. The staff at the Front Desk that helped us...Teddy, Katrina, Carlos and so many others were great. The Lifeguards at the pool...Swansea, Scott and all the guys at the waterslides made everything fun. All this and the hotel was 5 minutes to Disney World!!

We enjoyed our stay so much that we extended our time here and stayed for an extra night. We will definitely return and the next time, we won't need to go to Disney World...we'll have just as much fun at the Resort!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place. We were on the 17th floor overlooking the golf c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our business held a successful, two day event due in part to the amenities and staff support. Rhonda Beck was very helpful by identifying all the options and costs associated with the event. She was very supportive once we arrived to set up the event.
David Dazet was very accommodating when I arrived prior to check-in time and offered his assistance in a pleasant, sincere and professional manner.
We were assigned a resort representative (Bill) during our event, who was most accommodating by helping our members with directions, answering questions and ensuring our needs and wants were met in a timely fashion.
I addition, the menu selections were diverse and proved to be delicious.
My congratulations to General Manager Doug Rich for assembling a well-trained staff.
If we plan on another event in Orlando, it will most likely be scheduled at this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for the North Tower with a room facing Disney World and a view of their fireworks.