“Treating Myself”

Ranked #71 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Boston, Massachusetts
“Treating Myself”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I decided to stay at the Marriott World Center for a trade show at the Orange County Convention Center in January. I usually stay at a Courtyard or Springhill but I wanted to treat myself and stay at the resort. I stayed here in 1986 and I must say they made some huge changes. The only thing that was same was my bellman! He was the same guy I had in 1989. I remembered him (Michael B.) because we are both from Boston. He was a golfer and he filled me in on the golf courses in the area, he told me that they completely renovated the resort course. He did recommend Hawk Landing but I must say was not impressed with the conditions. If you park your own car plan on 30 minutes before you get to your room, pay the extra $10 and get valet. The room was very nice and clean. I probably spent way more money than I needed, probably should have stuck to my Courtyard. I would stay here again for an on site business meeting or with the family on vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paddy O
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Paddy O, thank you for choosing to treat yourself and stay with us once again after many years. We hope you will make plans to return with your family soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,217)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I attended a convention here in December. Although some rooms are quite a distance from the convention hall (like mine), it's bearable. The all-day dining options on-site are overpriced, but that's not unexpected this close to the Mouse. The pool is gorgeous, unfortunately I didn't have time to take advantage of it, although it was pretty to look at!

Room Tip: Don't overlook the pool if you are attending a function at the convention!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am a Platinum Elite with Marriotts hotels and I have stayed at Marriotts around the world and I have to say, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. I was there before in 2007 on a business trip so did not take advantage of the amenities but I was there this Feb. 2014 on vacations with my family and this is a great hotel/resort for family vacations and specially kids. Lots of things to do for kids.

Pool Bar service staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and full of tips - Thanks to Eduardo Montoya who serve our drinks and gave us great info on where do dine and other near by kids activities

Great resort and customer service is premium.

Room Tip: East Tower rooms if you have kids
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jose S
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Jose, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for being a Platinum Rewards member. I am so glad to hear you and your family had a great time with us. I hope we will see you all again soon!
Dornoch, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the second visit for a conference to the Marriot and from being good the latest was an even better experience. The room was well equipped and comfortable and the maid service kept it clean and replenished the consumables daily. Needs were anticipated in some instances.

The conference facilities are good albeit a little more sound deadening between rooms would have been appreciated in one instance. Food service for several conference business breakfast/lunches was excellent.

A car is useful if you wish to visit some of the Orlando attractions or eat alternative locations. The golf course looked good, but I didn't have time to play it. The pool is of generous size with slides for those that like such things.The water was warm enough so long as the sun shone.

Room Tip: North tower lifts are busy, other towers less so.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great location and exceptional service. Excellent atmosphere in the lobby bar. Our server Diva S. was wonderful - couldn't ask for more professional yet personal service. Highly recommended for a business trip or family getaway.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Adam20764
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinatior at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Adam20764, thank you for posting a review and for your recommendation.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a hotel, this one is about the same as most Marriotts. I did, however, enjoy some fabulous service from two different staffers. First, let me thank Fernando. My friends and I spent several hours by the pool one afternoon, and Fernando took excellent care of us. He was attentive and polite. He answered questions and even tracked down some Doritos for my niece. Second, I would like to thank Amy at the lobby bar. It took me a little while to flag someone down - the lobby bar was very busy - but once I had her attention, she took grand care of me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Stacy823, thank you so much for posting a review. We love to hear about the great service our guests receive. We hope you visit us again soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2014

After reading previous reviews, we were not sure what experience we would have. We usually travel to Orlando 3 - 4 times a year and although we have stayed at several of the neighboring (Disney and non-Disney) properties, we tend to prefer to stay Hyatt Grand Cypress.... until now that is. My husband had to attend a convention at Marriott World Center during this past trip, February 6 - 9, 2014. So, I went along with our little son. We were surprised to find such a large resort. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted kindly and swiftly. The wait to check in was about 10 minutes due to so many guests. We were asked if we wanted to pay $35 daily to upgrade to a pool and fireworks view. We were assigned to South tower 10500. The room was nice but next time it would be nice to be in the main tower, higher floor, especially since we paid for an upgrade. The view from the 5th floor of the fireworks was just over the trees. Heard that others get upgraded without a charge and yes, they don't have to be Marriott reward members. Hmm.... The room was clean and good size. Decor was ok. Beds were ok. A pillow-top would do wonders. The bathroom had very good water pressure but was small and looked renovated. Glad to have 2 sinks though. We had asked to have hypoallergenic pillows and comforter and a refrigerator. Also extra towels. All were addressed immediately. Thanks! The next day, I inquired with the front desk (Teddy) about Marriott rewards program since we travel all the time. Perhaps Marriott / Ritz program is one that we should consider from here on. Teddy was kind to answer all my questions and made sure our experience at the Marriott was outstanding. We even received calls daily asking us if all was taken care of. The biggest surprise was a knock on the door. Teddy had sent an absolutely wonderful gift to our little boy. "I hope you're enjoying your stay in Orlando! Please enjoy the gift " You should have seen the smile on his face. He still talks about. Thank you Teddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although Orlando was cool and rainy during our 4 day stay, we managed to make the most of our time. While my husband attended the enormous convention, we enjoyed the indoor pool, kids activities, lego area, arcade, walks around the large property, going up and down the glass elevators and managed to get wet in the amazing kiddy splash pool. Have to admit that all the attendants at the hotel were kind and attentive.
Restaurants - We didn't expect Solaris to be so good for breakfast. They showcase over 80 different food items for buffet each day. All fresh and very clean. We happily ate breakfast at Solaris every day. The first evening we dined at the High Velocity restaurant. They had reserved a booth with tv. Service was good. Food was decent too. It is a fun, relaxed, nice place and lot of food. The next evening we had reservations at Siro. Our server Saeed was great. Friendly, made suggestions. Even took special care to make sure that our child's meal was prepared to avoid food allergies. Bottom line - all the food was very good quality and delicious. We were so pleased that we returned the next evening. Nelly was our friendly server this time but Saeed came over to say hello and to make sure we were well taken care of. Another outstanding meal the next evening at Siro. Mangrove was good too and so were our drinks at the lounge area.
Overall, we had a very good experience at Marriott World Center. The resort is large and clean. Pool area is very large and lots of fun. Slides are great for kids. So is kid splash zone area. As I mentioned to Teddy, the property plays a big role but what excels is level of quality and service. We tend to like the Four Seasons, Ritz resorts, Hyatt Regency and Conrad Hilton brands and are used to those accommodations. What stood out with Marriott World Center was that we were made to feel special and well taken care of. On our way back to Miami, we decided that we have so many points with other brands, perhaps we should start staying at Marriott/Ritz brand more often since we were so pleased with our experience.
So...we booked our next trip at the Marriott World Center March 13 - 16, 2014, to celebrate our little sons birthday. We hope to have better weather to enjoy the pool area. My husband can't wait to play golf and I will definitely take advantage of the spa. See you soon. Hope to have another great (birthday) experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business