“Marriott - World Center - Disney”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #62 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am a Platinum Elite with Marriotts hotels and I have stayed at Marriotts around the world and I have to say, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. I was there before in 2007 on a business trip so did not take advantage of the amenities but I was there this Feb. 2014 on vacations with my family and this is a great hotel/resort for family vacations and specially kids. Lots of things to do for kids.

Pool Bar service staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and full of tips - Thanks to Eduardo Montoya who serve our drinks and gave us great info on where do dine and other near by kids activities

Great resort and customer service is premium.

Room Tip: East Tower rooms if you have kids
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jose S
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Jose, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for being a Platinum Rewards member. I am so glad to hear you and your family had a great time with us. I hope we will see you all again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,171)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the second visit for a conference to the Marriot and from being good the latest was an even better experience. The room was well equipped and comfortable and the maid service kept it clean and replenished the consumables daily. Needs were anticipated in some instances.

The conference facilities are good albeit a little more sound deadening between rooms would have been appreciated in one instance. Food service for several conference business breakfast/lunches was excellent.

A car is useful if you wish to visit some of the Orlando attractions or eat alternative locations. The golf course looked good, but I didn't have time to play it. The pool is of generous size with slides for those that like such things.The water was warm enough so long as the sun shone.

Room Tip: North tower lifts are busy, other towers less so.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great location and exceptional service. Excellent atmosphere in the lobby bar. Our server Diva S. was wonderful - couldn't ask for more professional yet personal service. Highly recommended for a business trip or family getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Adam20764
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinatior at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Adam20764, thank you for posting a review and for your recommendation.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a hotel, this one is about the same as most Marriotts. I did, however, enjoy some fabulous service from two different staffers. First, let me thank Fernando. My friends and I spent several hours by the pool one afternoon, and Fernando took excellent care of us. He was attentive and polite. He answered questions and even tracked down some Doritos for my niece. Second, I would like to thank Amy at the lobby bar. It took me a little while to flag someone down - the lobby bar was very busy - but once I had her attention, she took grand care of me.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Stacy823, thank you so much for posting a review. We love to hear about the great service our guests receive. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

After reading previous reviews, we were not sure what experience we would have. We usually travel to Orlando 3 - 4 times a year and although we have stayed at several of the neighboring (Disney and non-Disney) properties, we tend to prefer to stay Hyatt Grand Cypress.... until now that is. My husband had to attend a convention at Marriott World Center during this past trip, February 6 - 9, 2014. So, I went along with our little son. We were surprised to find such a large resort. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted kindly and swiftly. The wait to check in was about 10 minutes due to so many guests. We were asked if we wanted to pay $35 daily to upgrade to a pool and fireworks view. We were assigned to South tower 10500. The room was nice but next time it would be nice to be in the main tower, higher floor, especially since we paid for an upgrade. The view from the 5th floor of the fireworks was just over the trees. Heard that others get upgraded without a charge and yes, they don't have to be Marriott reward members. Hmm.... The room was clean and good size. Decor was ok. Beds were ok. A pillow-top would do wonders. The bathroom had very good water pressure but was small and looked renovated. Glad to have 2 sinks though. We had asked to have hypoallergenic pillows and comforter and a refrigerator. Also extra towels. All were addressed immediately. Thanks! The next day, I inquired with the front desk (Teddy) about Marriott rewards program since we travel all the time. Perhaps Marriott / Ritz program is one that we should consider from here on. Teddy was kind to answer all my questions and made sure our experience at the Marriott was outstanding. We even received calls daily asking us if all was taken care of. The biggest surprise was a knock on the door. Teddy had sent an absolutely wonderful gift to our little boy. "I hope you're enjoying your stay in Orlando! Please enjoy the gift " You should have seen the smile on his face. He still talks about. Thank you Teddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although Orlando was cool and rainy during our 4 day stay, we managed to make the most of our time. While my husband attended the enormous convention, we enjoyed the indoor pool, kids activities, lego area, arcade, walks around the large property, going up and down the glass elevators and managed to get wet in the amazing kiddy splash pool. Have to admit that all the attendants at the hotel were kind and attentive.
Restaurants - We didn't expect Solaris to be so good for breakfast. They showcase over 80 different food items for buffet each day. All fresh and very clean. We happily ate breakfast at Solaris every day. The first evening we dined at the High Velocity restaurant. They had reserved a booth with tv. Service was good. Food was decent too. It is a fun, relaxed, nice place and lot of food. The next evening we had reservations at Siro. Our server Saeed was great. Friendly, made suggestions. Even took special care to make sure that our child's meal was prepared to avoid food allergies. Bottom line - all the food was very good quality and delicious. We were so pleased that we returned the next evening. Nelly was our friendly server this time but Saeed came over to say hello and to make sure we were well taken care of. Another outstanding meal the next evening at Siro. Mangrove was good too and so were our drinks at the lounge area.
Overall, we had a very good experience at Marriott World Center. The resort is large and clean. Pool area is very large and lots of fun. Slides are great for kids. So is kid splash zone area. As I mentioned to Teddy, the property plays a big role but what excels is level of quality and service. We tend to like the Four Seasons, Ritz resorts, Hyatt Regency and Conrad Hilton brands and are used to those accommodations. What stood out with Marriott World Center was that we were made to feel special and well taken care of. On our way back to Miami, we decided that we have so many points with other brands, perhaps we should start staying at Marriott/Ritz brand more often since we were so pleased with our experience.
So...we booked our next trip at the Marriott World Center March 13 - 16, 2014, to celebrate our little sons birthday. We hope to have better weather to enjoy the pool area. My husband can't wait to play golf and I will definitely take advantage of the spa. See you soon. Hope to have another great (birthday) experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank happylucylucy
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a standard balcony room on the 18th floor. We were delighted to enter our rooms and see the spectacular view. The pools, the golf course, and the Disney fireworks! It was amazing. (I wish I could remember which tower we were in as our room is not considered "pool view" so we did not pay exra for it. It is the tower to the right of the Lobby) Also, There was a parking lot immediately adjacent to our tower so we did not have long to walk to hop into our car for the very short ride to any of the Disney parks. From the second we walked into the lobby we wee impressed. All of the staff - from the bell staff, to the front desk, to the man handing out complimentary cocktails, lemonade, and appetizers in the lobby were extraordinarily friendly and helpful (not sure what the occasion was as we only saw this on our check in day which was a Sunday.) Our room rate included breakfast at Solaris which is out of this world!! Of the 4 nights at the hotel we were fortunate to have the pleasure of having Amelia as our server 3 times. She was nothing short of fabulous. She was so friendly and very attentive. By day 2 she remembered our names and knew what everyone wanted for beverages. She greeted us with a smile and made sure that our time spent in the restaurant was perfect. The food at the buffet was amazing. The mickey mouse pancakes made to order were such a hit for the kids. The omelets, eggs, and French toast were also made to order and so delicious. The fresh fruit was fabulous, so many choices and all so fresh! There was pastry, and cereal and yogurt, bacon, sausage, kielbasa and hash browns. Oh and the fresh squeezed orange juice was the perfect complement to our wonderful meal.

The golf course is amazing, as is the pool compex. The addition of the 3 waterslides was a big hit for my boys! Whether you are in the area for pleasure or business, you can't go wrong with the World Center Marriott!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bgold67
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Everything was excellent in the lobby bar. Our server, Diva, was super friendly and we had an amazing time with work colleagues. This was a very productive meeting and we appreciate everything the staff did to be helpful. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business