“Orlando World Center Marriott”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #63 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My company had a national meeting at the Orlando World Center Marriott last week. The hotel was perfectly equipt to handle the event. The service was superb! My room was kept beautifully by Luna S! A big thank you to her!! My favorite overall employee was Olga C. in the lobby bar who along with great service had the most friendly, positive attitude. Thank you!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,190)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Andre, a member of the bell staff went out of his way to seek us out and arrange for special transportation to Epcot. A taxi driver took us to the wrong restaurant in spite of the directions Andre gave him and the charge was twice as much as we expected. We reported it when we returned, but certainly did not expect anything in return. The gesture by Andre was Truly an outstanding example of
putting the guest first.

• Stayed: February 2014
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

SaraK47, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We love to hear stories like this! We will make sure Andre get recognized for making your stay one to remember. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you're reading this, then you probably have some past experiences with larger hotels…possibly ones that left you frustrated or feeling abused. Let me put some of your fears to rest.

I recently stayed at the Marriott World Center for five days. It was a business trip, paid for through the client, and I rank below Jack Dawson's little Italian friend in the movie "Titanic"…I am merely a worker bee.

A quick overview of the property: It's huge. If you've stayed in a Las Vegas hotel, just excise the casino space from your memory and you'll have a pretty good idea of the size. Most rooms have balconies and mine had a spacious shower with a Kohler electronic control (for what I surmise is a tankless heater - a wee bit slow to respond to temperature changes, but you can swivel the shower head to minimize discomfort as you make your adjustments.)

The ballrooms are quite large with quite high ceilings - a must for what I do.

All in all, it's a nice hotel. "But Chris," you ask, "…why did you give this an excellent rating but a rather mundane description?"

Easy: It's the people.

I travel quite a bit and stay in hotels often. Even within the same brand, experiences vary for one reason: the quality and work ethic of the employees.

Our group was met with a variety of Marriott employees who were eager to help, friendly, and good at their job. Even the folks who came in to refresh the work room supplies asked for permission to make a change and if there was anything we wanted more of (or less of) to make our experience better. The housekeeping staff was eager to serve, and respectful of my privacy when I asked for it.

There were others, but you get the idea.

I'm going to single out three people that stuck in my mind as the "over and above" kind of folks who really impress our little production troupe.

First, when checking in I dealt with Kelly. By the time I worked my way through the line, I'd watched her deal with a couple of guests who appeared to have some rather…generous…preconceptions about their importance. They weren't rude, necessarily…but they were high maintenance.

Watching Kelly deal with them in a friendly, personable manner was remarkable. I'm a patient guy, but I was ready to pitch the damned metaphorical Pekinese into the pool. Kelly, though, handled each of the guest's needs with a smile and was still ready to help me when it was my turn at the check-in desk.

The next two both work in the Lobby Bar. As servers, both Jordan and Olga C. were great about keeping an eye on our needs…getting our orders quickly, checking on whether we wanted another. You know, usual stuff you expect. I watched both of them handle patrons as they needed to be: chat with the folks who were there to wind down and enjoy a few moments. But they also managed to quietly slip in and serve some of the executives who were hip-deep in some very focused business conversations. The both managed to read the needs of each client correctly and evaluate their desired level of interaction.

For our little cabal, Olga and Jordan both read us right away and jumped in with abandon. We were done for the day, our work burdens lifted…and they were happy to chat with us, make food recommendations (try the three meat flat bread) and overshadow our intrinsic ugliness with bright eyes and warm smiles.

When it comes to booking a future show, any hotel has power, high ceilings, a loading dock, and hundreds of sleeping rooms…those are available in most places. But guaranteed: after assessing the physical space, the next question regarding whether to choose the Marriott World Center for an event is, "How are they to work with?"

Kelly, Jordan and Olga will immediately spring to mind as the faces of the World Center and the answer will be, "Awesome."

I'm 3,763 characters into this review, and I'm sure the thought has crossed your mind: "This wasn't guest's review, it was some PR or Marketing person's high school writing project.

Nope. I really had a good experience here, and I wanted to share…mostly because the good people never get any Press, just the bad seeds. I figured a positive experience warranted a bit of a shout out.

Because this business is all about the people, st…..er, folks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris E
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Amazing pool and children's slide. Friendly staff. Convenient location near Disney Parks. Olga in lobby bar was very kind and helped with Orlando suggestions as well! Terrific hospitality all around. Scott

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had an awesome time Olga Costello did a wonderful job in the lobby bar! Thank u Olga for making our first trip here a wonderful experience! We totally loved the tropical experience also! All the employees were very kind and accommodating through out our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Honestly, I can go on about how great of a customer service this hotel has from the get go. Every single associate had a smile on their face and was genuinely there to assist us.

One person I would like to thank is front desk associate Imee Marquez. She assisted us with great service and when we had issues with our door, she walked with me to try and fix it. She also made sure security came by and assisted in reprogramming our doors. She is a great asset to this property and I'm sure she leaves great first impressions to many guests of this hotel.

Lets not forget the awesome bell staff and Remo from High Velocity bar. Very helpful and friendly associates.

The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is that I wish they provided their guests with a Segway like the Security so we can get ice down the hallway quicker. Hahah.

Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014

Jimer594, thank you for posting a review and sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the issue with your door was quickly fixed. Hope to see your again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The property is very close to Disney. It is beautiful and the pools, slides, and gym are great. However, like many large hotels it is very inconvenient to self park, and there are high parking fees either self park or valet and daily resort fees. Disney moderate resorts would offer a better value. Not a large selection of value dining for families with young children. The elevator ride is spectacular.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family