“Great receptionists at Rodeway Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn near Florida Mall

Rodeway Inn near Florida Mall
Ranked #309 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Monopoli, Italy
“Great receptionists at Rodeway Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have only been at the hotel for 2 nights because of a short visit to the Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. This is located at about 10 minutes and therefore the perfect location, but in the neighborhood there is nothing for tourists.
The receptionists were excellent in explaining, helping and booking the parks for us and we really had a great experience! The hotel was clean, but nothing fancy, which we didn't expect, it was only to sleep and shower. Breakfast was really bad though, coffee tasted like brown water and there were few things to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Boulder City, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

BEWARE!! We selected this because of the previous reviews. From start things went wrong, our room got mixed up so checkin took longer than necessary. Phone never worked even though they said they would "fix" it. Had to ask for clock, iron and board. Clock never worked, iron had brown water in it, board was little tabletop model and we didn't have a table to put it on! Only one dingy, dirty chair in very small room. Never got our room cleaned until we asked. One night we came back to dirty sheets, unclean room and no towels! When we asked at Lobby for towels we were given minimum of 2 for 2 people and no bath mat. Went back and told they didn't have any so gave us a bed pad to use for our after shower! Come on - what motel doesn't have towels? The worst was no wake up because we were gone to a conference from 7:30am to 10:30pm and we didn't have an alarm so afraid to sleep in which made for fitful sleep. They argued that we had not requested wake-up! Skimpy, minimal breakfast and 4 dirty chairs & tiny tables in lobby area big enough for 6 people including the front desk. Additionally I forgot my makeup bag and called them next morning after we left and they never called my cell but called our home which we are still not home! Said they didn't have it when I know I left it there as was last thing I did before we left. Next hotel, I didn't have it so had to buy all new stuff later that day. Besides all this, it was a poor neighborhood. Told to go next door to eat at a great restaurant but very expensive!! Down the line about a mile were many good restaurants at reasonable prices. Next year we will pay more, drive further, and have a great hotel while we go to the same conference - Live and learn!! Hotel chain sent a email survey and I never heard from them after explaining all the bad experiences we had here. Again I say beware!

Room Tip: None are very good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsLKF

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Due to the location(right on a busy Orange Blossom Trail) and modest external appearance this motel is not necessarily immediately appealing.The owner and GM Susan Alexander,is a lovely lady and does an excellent job with her property.I spoke to her prior to my arrival and selected a room which was upstairs and at the back,on the quiet side.Actually,there is no quiet side,but here's a little trick that I used,and keep in mind that I'm noise-sensitive:turned on the fan which acted as "white noise" and blocked out all the outside noise and resulted in sound sleep.I stayed 5 nights and the breakfast was just right for me:excellent coffee with blueberry muffins and coffee cake.Bus runs right by the motel to everywhere cheap and easy and at night I ate at the Mexican place next door,very nice indeed.Now,if you pay attention when you go into the lobby you will see the attention to detail that Susan has gone to,and then,in the room,nicely decorated and well lighted,nice bathroom and shower.Incidentally,I paid $40 per night,king room senior rate.You might not like this place or "get it",but that's okay,I don't care.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CoachPaulbball
Lady Lake, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We first booked the hotel on Booking.com after looking at the wonderful pictures and reading about the reviews review on their site and on Tripadvisors. However, we were soon reminded of the old addage of "don't believe everything on the internet" when we stayed at the hotel. When we checked into our room at 12 midnight, we were greeted by a lobby that was locked while the receptionist was on the phone. We had to stand outside of the lobby door, in freezing temp for the receptionist to get off the phone. When we were finally checked-in, and checked into our room, we were overwhelmed by a musky, old carpet smell with stains that was not like the picture at all! The lights to the bathroom was burned out and the furnishings were worn out and had stains. The worst part was that right outside of the door, a car alarm from one of the patrons went off 1 hour straight and disturbed all the other customers in the building. When we call the front desk, all we got was an attitude and a snarky quote of "Well, what do you want me to do. about it?" We left the hotel at 2 in the morning in frustration. Terrible accomodations, bad customer service, and a bad location hopefully is enough to let people know how terrible my experience has been. I hope you don't make the same mistake. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gee C
Waynesboro, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway when I had a very early flight out of Orlando and wanted to be close to the airport. This is an older hotel with exterior room entrances and not in the best part of town, but I booked it online and pre-paid to get an excellent rate. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, quickly providing directions to the airport and a few places to grab dinner, even printing out a Google map for me. They don’t typically put out their little continental breakfast until 6:00 am and when I noted to her that I would be gone before that, she said she’d have coffee ready by 5:30. As it turns out, when I went by the office to check out at 5:30, the breakfast table was set up with muffins and the coffee was ready. That was a nice touch that went above and beyond what you’d get a most small hotels. Lastly, yet most importantly, I had a very important online meeting the evening that I stayed there and had noted this on my reservation. When I checked in, she provided me with a couple wireless options ensuring me that one in particular was more reliable than the others. Indeed, I was able to obtain my online connection with only one minor interruption in service. Overall, my experience was very good and I can’t say I felt unsafe but I am just not sure I would stay in that part of town again.

Room Tip: back of hotel - away from the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gloria H
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Second stay at this Motel and I don't like Motels. Well maintained, clean and comfortable smaller room. The staff is pleasant and helpful, I had two lumpy pillows and they were replaced. Breakfast is slim, small muffins, oatmeal and coffee but it is not enough to take away from the good condition of this small motel and the price. I normally shop hotels on Hotwire.com but with all of the bad hotels in Orlando I use Kayak.com so that I can see the property, seeing this Motel listed closed the deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chainboss
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is a steal. I was not expecting it to be so nice (sorry) because it is cheaper, but it is fantastic. I stayed for two nights, the room was small, but clean. The hotel desk clerk was very friendly, letting me check in an hour early was no problem. I stayed on the bottom floor, and there was a little noise from the road (It's right on Orange Blossom Trail, very convenient) but nothing that kept me up or woke me up. The TV was a old style but it worked fine. The bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the bottom floor near the back, they are quieter. 108 or higher and you should...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank SilverFin88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn Maingate
#51 of 153 in Kissimmee
Econo Lodge International
#209 of 335 in Orlando

Been to Rodeway Inn near Florida Mall? Share your experiences!