Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive
Ranked #119 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights me my 2 kids and my sister. It was a really nice experience the Hotel is very clean the room was big with a Queen size beds with Fridge and microwave. The breakfast in the morning was excellent, the only thing is i wish the time was longer from 6 to 9:30am is to short for breakfast but it was ok if we didn't make it we went out for breakfast. The pool was really nice my kids enjoyed it very much. It was a really good experience i would definetely recommend this Holiday Inn for business or pleasure. Good job to the staff also very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a priority clip-platinum member I was upgraded to a Suite... Nice surprise.. Hotel provides breakfast every morning with rate... Excellent selection for adults and children... Suite has tub and shower and very clean. Suite included microwave, fridge and sink / small kitchen counter ... My children slept on sofa bed.. They loved it and felt like at home... Bedroom in suite was spacious, comfortable bed and pillows and tv. No complaints.. Staff at check in we're very courteous and accommodating as well! It is a newer hotel on international drive, very busy street some traffic to get in and out of parking lot to Intl. Drive.... But very close to many restaurants and shops... Pool was clean and quiet in the evenings... No problems with parking very ample.

Room Tip: Some noise from expressway traffic if room-located in rear of building....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites International Drive. I appreciate your patronage to the IHG Rewards program and to our hotel. I am so very glad to hear that we exceeded you and your family's expectations for your stay in Orlando. I apologize that you experienced some disruption from where your room was located. I appreciate you sharing this feedback, so that we can make improvements. I hope that you and your family will come back to visit again during your next trip to the Orlando area!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights while on vacation with my wife and her family.

We arrived at the hotel in a tremendous tropical storm, but were glad to be in the warm and dry. Check-in was a breeze, and while we had accidentally booked only one room for four people (myself, wife and two sisters!), the staff easily arranged instead for two rooms, which was much appreciated.

The breakfast buffet was limited, but good enough - this isn't really the kind of hotel you are going to spend a lot of time in, but rather just to come home and sleep in after the day's activities.

Wifi was accessible throughout the hotel, and greatly appreciated. Parking is on site, if outdoors, and secure.

If you are on a budget and stretched, this is a great solution!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Dom M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to hear about the compliments you had for our hotel and on the other hand I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced. I appreciate you letting us know about your concerns. This helps us understand areas we can improve upon.

Again. thank you for your feedback as it will help us strive to become a better hotel.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Before our arrival, we contacted the hotel about sending packages, and I was informed that they could be sent and would be stored by the hotel even if they arrived before my check-in (but a fee per package would be charged). After the check-in, I requested the packages, and surprisingly, two of them were open (one with the shape of a notebook, and another WITH a notebook), but the one containing the notebook was empty. Only the EMPTY BOX was delivered to me. The hotel did not take any responsibility for what happened, because the packages are stored in a room that anyone has free access and there is no monitoring of any kind. We had to call the police and lose a whole day of our very short vacations with this problem (not to mention the value of the notebook). Oh, and after all , I still had to pay for the storage service of my stolen notebook! What kind of service is that?

So be careful, none of your belongings are secure there, as they said "we can't be held responsible, we just store your things....".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Bernardo S
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Bernardo,

I am so very sorry for the experience you endured during your stay in Orlando. When the hotel receives guest packages, we do not have access to know what the boxes contain. The hotel accepted all your packages as promised and had them stored in a secured facility until your arrival at the hotel. I understand that there was an error and you recieved an empty box from the computer company where you made the purchase. Once again, we are not informed of the items which are being shipped to us, so there is no way to confirm if your package arrived with or without the contents when it was received. As soon as I was informed of the situation, myself and the rest of the staff were very cooperative in helping you to be in contact with the company to sort everything out. As a result, the computer company sent a new computer to the hotel which you recieved without any issues. The computer company acknowledged the mistake and sent you a new computer. I understand that this caused a great deal of stress for you during the trip, and I apologize for that as the whole point of a vacation is to relax and enjoy your new scenary.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel is very well located, just one block away of the International Drive, it's close to restaurants, and a short drive distance to many tourist atractions. The room was Ok and the bed as always in HI Express very confortable, the room was spacious enough for me my wife and our Baby. The hotel is not as new as some HI Express, the elevator was very but very slow and old, the pool was cold and the restaurant during the mornings for breakfast was very very crowded and sometimes a little bit dirty as there was so much people that the staff was not able to clean the tables. The internet service was terrible I was not able to connect in my room during the entire stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front of the buiding as there is a Highway close to the rear part.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Discobolo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am pleased to know that our location suited your needs and you found our rooms spacious and comfortable. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience the internet service and pool may have caused you. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

I trust that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, close to everything, some shuttles provided free of charge, included breakfast and free wi fi. Only down side is no weights or weight machines in fitness centre, and also could use some healthier choices at breakfast!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed with a group of students. Free breakfast is nice, with eggs, yogurt, etc. (i.e. more than pastries and juice). Staff nice and accommodating, gift shop well appointed with many things most don't carry (i.e. we needed Benadryl cream and they had it!).
Not thrilled about bathroom; seemed old and small and very basic and shower leaked terribly, never turning completely off.
Pillows great...tv great...no other complaints!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you so very kindly for taking time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando. I appreciate your feedback and most definitely will be taking that into consideration when planning what we can do to improve our property. Your feedback regarding our bathrooms is most helpful in determining our areas of opportunity. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and I hope that we have the pleasure of you as our guest in the near future!