“"Clean Rooms - Good AC - Good Service - Average Breakfast"”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive
Ranked #114 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Traveled with girlfriend to this Hotel to try and be in the center of it all in Orlando.

Pros:
- Clean Rooms: Rooms are kept very clean. We found no foul smell or odor and the AC worked perfectly.
- Service: In general they have good service and respond quickly to any complaints. We did not have any complaints that could ruin our trip, so we did not test the service entirely. However we saw some people complaining and they were prompt to respond.
- Breakfast included: The breakfast is always a good deal as it gives you fuel to start your day.
- Location: Excellent location. From here you can walk I-drive to many restaurants and shops. On either end of I-drive you can find the premium outlet malls and it is just about 15 minute drive. Mainly because of the heavy traffic.

Cons:
- Only one person attending the breakfast area: During breakfast time we only saw one person serving or re-filling the empty trays. Because the night before a large group had checked in they were understaffed to deal with the increased flow of guests. I do not know why they only have one person. It is easy to know when the hotel is above 50% capacity and you need more personnel cleaning and serving guests. This is the reason I gave it an average rating. We had to eat breakfast @ a dunking doughnuts (10min walk) because the food was not being replenished fast enough and we only could drink some orange juice due to the long lines. Again, the breaksfast seems good, if you can get to it.
- Few parking Spaces: Parking spaces directly around the hotel are not enough if the hotel is booked full. Luckily it was not and we could always find parking around the hotel, but, if for some reason it is you might see yourself walking from a far parking lot, or, worst case scenerio, parking on an empty lot filled with grass.

In all we went to visit Orlando and do some shopping so did not spend much inside the hotel. If you are not going to spend much time inside the hotel then this is not a bad choice. Good price and quality in the rooms. We would return if budget is tight.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on the high floors away from the elevators. This hotel has a lot of tourists c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experiences at the Holiday Inn Express International Drive. We appreciate that you choose our hotel for your recent trip to Orlando. I do appreciate your feedback and I will be sharing this with our staff so that we can improve the overall experience for our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with breakfast and I am working to ensure this is resolved. I do hope that when you return to Orlando again, we will have the pleasure of having you as our guest.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April 2011 for 2 nights, the hotel was beautiful, the beds were comfortable and everthing was very clean. It is located right on International Drive, but it is set back from the road, which was nice. The hotel on one side was abandon and the hotel on the other was older...so the area around is anything to write home about. It wouldn;t keep me from staying here again. The breakfast was just like any other Holiday Inn.. overall a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Hello and thank you so kindly for taking time to share your review. I appreciate you taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I will make sure to share your review with the staff as well. I hope that we do have the pleasure of having you and your husband as our guests again in the future when you visit Orlando!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Book the 2 Queen Suite. The extra room with the seating area is a bonus. The staff very professional and friendly. The shutte service to Universal is a joke. Use the cab service and take a cab back. No waiting and price is only $10 each way. We loved it. Skip the breakfast the only thing good is the Sweet rolls and the yogurt. The eggs and sausage were awful. Even the teenager refused to eat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I appreciate your feedback and I thank you kindly for choosing our hotel for your Universal vacation. I can assure you that I will share your review with the staff to ensure we improve the quality of our breakfast offerings. Thank you again for taking time to share your review and I hope that you provide us another opportunity to serve you in the future!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We booked here for a two week stay in October 2011 and unfortunately would not go back. We booked a 2 Queen bed quite, amazing description online but when we arrived it didn't seem any bigger than a normal room with just a small sitting area and it cost well in excess of $2500. The reception a mix of friendly and unfriendly service. We were also never told that the breakfast was complimentary until about a week into our stay after we had been going out every day for it. I do like to stay at Holiday Inn's but I will avoid this one in the future. Also the pool is not heated and in October you need it to be, was freezing.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank jamescusens18

We appreciate the review and thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation.
I will review your comments with our staff for immediate improvement on providing guests with complete amenity information and we apologize for this inconvenience. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We checked in at 11pm and were greeted by the friendliest front desk guy (didnt get his name...). check in was 3 minutes at most. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the breakfast area very inviting. Decor is great. The hallways and elevator smelled lovely and fresh. The hallway carpetting is very pretty. My 5 year old daughter commented "oh what a nice smell there is here...". We then came into the room - 532, fifth floor - and the room smelled so nice! A very fresh clean scent. Immaculately clean. So nice to come into a nice clean room when you're tired and just need a bed!
The beds are comfortable and pillows are fluffy and nice.
One big plus to this hotel is that although the address is international drive - its not actually on the main road. Its set a little way in - you cant see it from the road. There is a sign and the gps definitely found it - but its great that its not on the main drag of international drive bcs that has tons of night life and stores and noise...
The room is very quiet and we hear nothing.
Breakfast is great. Tons of variety. Basic cereals, lots of different breads: bagels, waffles, english muffins something that looked like croissante (didn't try it) etc. scrambled eggs, ommeletes with cheese, bacon, sausages, lots of drinks including passion fruit juice!!! This is one of the best breakfasts I've seen.
The hotel is about 20-30 min form magic kingdom, epcot, hollywood studios and animal kingdom. Its very very close to universal and wet n wild.
there are TONS of gift shops on international drive. Really tons. and lots and lots of other stores and eateries.
What else can I say? Bathroom is stunning as well. HUGE huge counter area around sink and beneath it a huge open shelf "vanity" - tons of room to put stuff but open so no doors. Immaculately clean and everything in updated shape. Nothing rusting, nothing old. HUGE mirror and really nice bathtub and shower.
The room has a mini fridge and microwave and coffeemaker. Nice TV. Nice furnishings.
Would definitely come back again!
I usually stay at holiday inns or candlewood suites and this once again did not dissapoint me!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 101seasonedtraveler

Thank you kindly for taking time to share your review of the property. I appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in Orlando. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I will make sure to share your review with the staff so they, too, can read your experience. I hope that we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the near future!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Booked as a 1 night stay when landing late at MCO from London Gatwick. Booked a room with two double beds - £78 (21st April 2012) - got a two bedroom suite each bed a king size. Room very clean and noise from outside main road not bad at all. Would definately use again. Tricky to find in dark as it is behind a couple of buildings - note for anyone else - its behind the CSI experience place!

Room Tip: Have a Member loyalty card! Rooms at front probably quieter. Views from 5th floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank London50
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here with two friends in april 2011 and I have to say this hotel was just great. The staff was amazing, there was one young man working nights that I wish I could remember his name but he was the nicest person, a true asset to this establishment. Overall you get a great deal here. The rooms are not only spacious but comfortable and very clean. The hot breakfast is such a plus and not to mention the free shuttle and the great location. This hotel is close to all the attractions and as for shopping and food well you have international drive right up front. My experience here was nothing short of great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank karla m
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Hello Karla M,

Thank you so very much for your kind response about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Orlando. I appreciate you taking time to share your experiences and recognize one of our employees! I hope that you will come back to visit us again soon!

Have a fantastic day!