“Great Hotel for the price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive
Ranked #115 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
CHESTERFIELD
“Great Hotel for the price”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Just returned from a 7 night break in Orlando at the HI Express international drive. Receptionist was friendly check inn was quick and efficient so was in our room in no time which was great after a 10 hour flight. I had booked a 2 room king suite and was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the suite. It had 2 king bedrooms, a lounge and a separate kitchenette area, each bedroom and lounge had cable tv with flat screen and the bathroom had a shower and a jacuzzi bath so lots of space for us even though only 2 of us.

Breakfast is included in the price which is general American fare of eggs bacon sausages waffles fruit and cereals a good choice to set you up for the day. It got busy at peek times between 8 to 9 but plenty of seating.

The free shuttle service was very good to universal and magic kingdom, they had 2 pick up times from the hotel and 2 pick up times on the return, make sure you let the driver know which time you are coming back on so they are waiting for you. The only time we had to have a taxi was at magic kingdom as the park closed after the last pick up and we wanted to see the fireworks and light show which is amazing. The price was 40 dollars back to the hotel.

The only think which I thought let the hotel down is that they only had 9 safety deposit boxes for the whole hotel so we had to wait 4 days before we got one and then we had push the receptionist to reserve us one as people checked out as normally first come first served.

Other snip pits which may help readers are ...

We had mears transport to and from the airport which we found excellent
Get a i-ride pass for the i-trolley 10 dollars for 7 days which gets you to all the restaurants on i drive and to sea world.
Restaurants we enjoyed are millers kitchen, chilli's across from the hotel,UNO Chicago grill. Don't bother with TGI Fridays service and food poor.

Have a great holiday hope the above was useful.

Room Tip: We had room 420
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pedski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel probably 15-20 nights in the last two years and there is a reason for that. The room is always very clean and the staff has always been great. They must treat them right because I always see the same people. If you want to be based on I drive I don’t think you will find a better value. As always if you do plan on spending a lot of time at the pool, be warned that it’s very noisy because of the highway, but if your like me a spend an hour at the pool a day it’s not bad. And don’t worry I don’t get any of that noise in any room I have had. Also depending were you room is the wireless internet can be spotty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up and facing south is best with east next.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank cygnusx112
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Great hotel, worth it. Stayed in a double room, consisted of 2 queen beds, toilet, clothes hanging area, fridge, TV, desk drawer etc.

Breakfast included everything, fuss free!

Room was comfortable, and silent. Also praise to the hotel service for attending to my request since I locked myself out of the room without keycard and door guard was open, they went to great lengths to allowed me back into my room. Thank you!

Shuttle service to major themeparks were also included. In general, 5/5!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank xJanice
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I appreciate the summary of room amenities and services we offer! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will come back to visit us soon!
San Francisco
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I had to drop my 86-year-old mom off while I went to Harry Potter World and we were arriving super early to the hotel. I was worried that my mom would get confused and wander away from the hotel lobby if left on her own for hours. The sweet woman at the front desk got us a room at 10 am so my mom would be comfortable and safe and I could roam Universal Studios Islands do Adventure to my heart's content. Bravo, Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank celticgrrl
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments! We are pleased to have the opportunity to serve you and your family. We hope that you come back to visit us again soon!
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks at this Holiday Inn Express Oct 2011. The hotel is located on International Drive close to restaurants, bars and shops. We stayed in a double room which consisted of 2 queen beds, clothes hanging area, fridge, microwave, LCD TV, desk and drawers. The bathroom had WC, vanity unit with sink, small tub and shower. The rooms also have AC. The rooms had a modern feel and decorated to a reasonable standard. They were cleaned every day with a towel and bedding change. Even though we followed the HIE procedure regarding reusing towels, sheets etc, this appeared to be ignored.
Breakfast consisted of a buffet with cereals, fruits, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, coffee, tea. Well worth utilising this to save money. Some mornings it was quite busy but we always managed to get seats.
Staff were very helpful and friendly. My only negative about this hotel was not having a safety deposit box in the room. They are located at reception and given on a first come first serve basis. We had to wait approx 5 days to be able to get one.
I would stay here again. It was good value for money, ideally located, clean and comfortable and offered transportation.

Top Tips:
Check out the brochures\leaflets in the lobby to get coupons for local restuarants.
If you visit Disney's Animal Kingdom and are using the Disney shuttle, take the Contemporary Bus\Polynesian and then get the monorail back to the TTC when the park closes...less people and much quicker.
Orlando Pointe (I-ride 24) has some nice restaurants and shops - Taverna Opa (Greek) was my favourite.

It is possible to walk to Wet 'n Wild (10 mins) and Universal Studios (max 30 mins). Seaworld is accessible using the I-Ride trolley service. The stops are easily located on International Drive. A fantastic benefit is that the hotel offers a free shuttle service to Disney Transportation & Ticket centre (9am departure and 6.30pm pickup). Once at the DTTC, it is very easy to get to any of the Disney parks including water parks. Anyone not hiring a car, I would definatley recommend this hotel for the Disney shuttle alone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nicat06
HiEGmOrlando_FL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you kindly for your kind comments about our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you come back to visit again soon!
Charleston
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was staying here on business, so not here to enjoy the usual Disney & other theme parks. As a platinum member, on arrival I was upgraded to a suite & enjoyed my room. I did find lots of delays in traffic in the evening making it difficult to get in & out of the parking lot, but my room was clean, comfortable, & the price was reasonable. Compliments to the breakfast staff, because even though it was very crowded each morning, everything was well stocked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank muchfuntravelin
Thank you for being a Platinum member with IHG and for choosing our property! I appreciate you taking the time to share you comments on TripAdvisor. We hope that you will come back to see us again soon!
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed here with a friend while I was visiting town and we wanted to stay somewhere closer to the parks. Very convenient to Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica and Universal. Little bit of a drive to Disney. Also close to the outlets. The room was clean and quiet, front desk staff was helpful, and breakfast was good - typical HI Express Fare. Also had a nice pool. Parking and internet are free. I would stay here again if I were looking for a place to stay near the parks.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jknd02
Thank you for choosing our property for your stay in Orlando! I appreciate you taking time to share your experience from your recent stay at the property. I hope to have you return to visit us again soon!