“Fun for Dinosaur Lovers”
Review of T-Rex

T-Rex
Ranked #172 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We recently visited Downtown Disney and ate lunch in this restaurant for my 8 year old dinosaur loving son. We didn't have reservations but arrived right at 11:00 am and were able to get a table right away. We very much enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant including the frequent meteor showers which added to the ambiance. The meals were somewhat pricey, but we expected that from any place near Disney. We all had the half-roasted chicken which was very tasty and the quantity was large as well. Service was good for Disney area too. I might add that if you try to get reservations on the on-line Disney reservation system, they might look as if they are all booked up (and this happened to us). They told me in the restaurant that they only allot so many tables to Disney and that you can usually call the restaurant directly for reservations.

1  Thank AuntTra
Write a ReviewReviews (10,458)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Okay how to do I put this and not sound stupid. This was the most enjoyable meal I've ever had in my entire life. Now with that being said I think there was just the right amount of stuff going on that all came together at the right time to make this happen. A quick back story. We got to Disney World late Saturday evening. We grabbed a pizza and ate. The next day was our first day ever at Disney, in a park. We went and spent 14 hours I think at Magic Kingdom. We didn't eat much that day because of all the things to do. The next day we had planned to go to Hollywood Studios. We dragged ourselves there and within 5 hours we were just toasted. Done. Needing food, drinks, more food, and rest. We left early and we decided to head to Downtown Disney for our T-Rex meal. We were doing here because our little girl loves Dinosaurs and this place looked like an experience. So we get there super early for our reservations and they went ahead and seated us. We got to sit back in the back in a nice, dark room that was cold. We ordered our food and drinks and waited. Then it happened. The nice lady laid my Bacon Cheeseburger down on the table and a tear fell from my eye. I'd never seen anything better in my life. I picked up the burger and took a bite out of it and I was in Heaven. I heard angles sing and dinosaurs roar. The meal was so good. The other two people with me also agreed after everything this was the best meal we had our entire trip. I don't think I can every experience it again, because it all just worked out right. We have been back since and it wasn't the same but still very good. I'm going to try to find my picture on my phone and upload it to this review so all of you can look and see what I'm talking about. The services was great and friendly, the manager came by and said hello. The place looks cool inside and out. Yes the prices can get on up there but if you go in here you should know that before you go in. We all loved this place and will return every time we're in Orlando.

1  Thank StingerSd
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in downtown Disney last week, saw the tree cafe, walked up and got a table! This is very similar to the rainforest cafe only with dinosaurs and what I think is a volcanic eruption instead of a thunderstorm. My kids, husband and I had such a good time here. I got one of the best burgers I've ever had, very flavorful with a fresh bun. The decor was so well done...we highly recommend! I will say this, there were some children in there who were two or three who were horrified by the eruption that takes place every twenty minutes or so, but my kids are seven and eight and they loved it!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

ate her a couple of times on our trip we found it a nice place and surprisingly good food, we were a couple so at times it was noisey and we were invaded by kids wanting pics by dinosaurs near us. I think 2 trips in 3 weeks was enough more and the noise and excitement would get annoying.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

So T-Rex WAS delicious, but we waited 1.5 hours (and there were only 2 of us) and could have easily found food just as good, or better, elsewhere. We went here because my husband loves dinosaurs, and we even made him a build-a-dino. They do get your food quickly though, and the place is huge. But this was definitely a theme park in the middle of a theme park city - fyi!