“Must've been something in the air”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of T-Rex

T-Rex
Ranked #178 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Must've been something in the air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Okay how to do I put this and not sound stupid. This was the most enjoyable meal I've ever had in my entire life. Now with that being said I think there was just the right amount of stuff going on that all came together at the right time to make this happen. A quick back story. We got to Disney World late Saturday evening. We grabbed a pizza and ate. The next day was our first day ever at Disney, in a park. We went and spent 14 hours I think at Magic Kingdom. We didn't eat much that day because of all the things to do. The next day we had planned to go to Hollywood Studios. We dragged ourselves there and within 5 hours we were just toasted. Done. Needing food, drinks, more food, and rest. We left early and we decided to head to Downtown Disney for our T-Rex meal. We were doing here because our little girl loves Dinosaurs and this place looked like an experience. So we get there super early for our reservations and they went ahead and seated us. We got to sit back in the back in a nice, dark room that was cold. We ordered our food and drinks and waited. Then it happened. The nice lady laid my Bacon Cheeseburger down on the table and a tear fell from my eye. I'd never seen anything better in my life. I picked up the burger and took a bite out of it and I was in Heaven. I heard angles sing and dinosaurs roar. The meal was so good. The other two people with me also agreed after everything this was the best meal we had our entire trip. I don't think I can every experience it again, because it all just worked out right. We have been back since and it wasn't the same but still very good. I'm going to try to find my picture on my phone and upload it to this review so all of you can look and see what I'm talking about. The services was great and friendly, the manager came by and said hello. The place looks cool inside and out. Yes the prices can get on up there but if you go in here you should know that before you go in. We all loved this place and will return every time we're in Orlando.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank StingerSd

Westminster, Maryland
“Very impressive, would love to see some around Maryland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in downtown Disney last week, saw the tree cafe, walked up and got a table! This is very similar to the rainforest cafe only with dinosaurs and what I think is a volcanic eruption instead of a thunderstorm. My kids, husband and I had such a good time here. I got one of the best burgers I've ever had, very flavorful with a fresh bun. The decor was so well done...we highly recommend! I will say this, there were some children in there who were two or three who were horrified by the eruption that takes place every twenty minutes or so, but my kids are seven and eight and they loved it!

Powys - UK
“Nice place and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

ate her a couple of times on our trip we found it a nice place and surprisingly good food, we were a couple so at times it was noisey and we were invaded by kids wanting pics by dinosaurs near us. I think 2 trips in 3 weeks was enough more and the noise and excitement would get annoying.

Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Like a theme park in a city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

So T-Rex WAS delicious, but we waited 1.5 hours (and there were only 2 of us) and could have easily found food just as good, or better, elsewhere. We went here because my husband loves dinosaurs, and we even made him a build-a-dino. They do get your food quickly though, and the place is huge. But this was definitely a theme park in the middle of a theme park city - fyi!

Richmond, Virginia
“Interesting decor, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped by Downtown Disney while in the area on a business trip. We selected T-Rex, just for something different. The decor and animatronic characters were very interesting - I'm sure children love this place. I saw two very large fish tanks of about 2,500 and 5,000 gallons in size that were stocked to a large variety of colorful fish species.

The food was average to only slightly above average at best, but with typical Disney prices (i.e. more than the quality of the food). We had a great server that helped us and everyone around us appeared to be having a good time. We didn't expect a five-star meal, just went there for something out of the ordinary, and we got what we came for. So, go in with your kids or just enjoy the place for what it is. Don't expect great food, but do expect to see something cool.

1 Thank KenS9