“RoaRRRRRR”

Ranked #170 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Oh you people complaining need to lighten up. This place is the bomb. Its loud with the most amazing scenery. The ice-age room that changes colors and meteors on the ceiling. You could make a vacation out of Trex and Rainforest Cafe, Not to mention the gift shops at both have way cool stuff way cheaper than anything Disney related! Its new so you are gonna wait. However, check in and go play in Downtoen Disney..they tell you when to come back to be seated.
It totally rocks cant wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,316)

Reviewed April 25, 2011

This restaurant is so loud it's overwhelming rather than entertaining. I couldn' t eat my sub-par, overpriced food fast enough just to get out of there.

1  Thank JBPCharleston_SC
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Food was sub-par, but nothing to write home about. The prices might be the highest in Downtown Disney and that's saying something. I'd go back to Rain Forest Cafe 100 times before I'd go back to T-rex. Plus, it's super loud the entire time you're there; there's no break in the noise. Much better places to go...

Reviewed April 20, 2011

For myself, husband and two sons, this was our second time at T-Rex. We also had a 5 additional adults and a 5yrs there for the first time. My original reservation was for 7people. Two days before we had 3 extra family members join the group, when I called to add them to the reservation, I was told that for parties of 7 or more, they could not guarantee seats together and may have to split the group in two but would do there best. Our reservation was for 715pm and we about 10 minutes early and immediatly sent to the line to be seated. We waited maybe 10 in this line while they prepared a table for all of us (so we did not have to be seperated which was great). However, the table was a round booth in a corner with high backing, so once seated we could not see anything except the people at the booth across from us (which took away from the atmosphere a bit compared to our last visit) We also had two people that found it hard getting in a out of the booth. Our orders where taken promptly and the waitress was very helpful and attentive. Our food arrived and everything was good! The portion sizes are huge...4 people had the Gigantisaurs Burgers.. which could have easily been share by two people. My hubby had the fish and chips,my mom had the salmon, I had the Mushroom ravioli and the kids had mini corn dogs. We all enjoyed our meals and had no complaints (except that you have to pay extra for fries ugh).. We were celebrating 3 birthdays and after our meal was done, they brought out vanilla ice cream with a chocolate chip cookie and candle.. they also made my sons with gummy worms instead of the cookie since he does not like chocolate... and the staff sang happy birthday.. my son really gets a kick out of this.. They separated the bill and for my family of 4 the total was $63 which included the 18% gratuity.. (we had one adult sweet tea and two kids drinks with our meal.. no desserts) After the meal, the boys wanted to take pics with all the dinosaurs so we spent another 30 minutes or so wandering the restaurant and taking pics.. we then headed over to the fossil digging area and allowed them to play for another 30-45 minutes.. my son could have stayed here all day.. he loves stuff like that. However, we are still cleaning our the gravel they use in the area... should have had them take off there sneakers..

Now for one CON.. As mentioned the round booth was a bit difficult for two members of our party to get in and out off.. at the end of our meal, a family friend (older woman) started to slide out of the booth and the seat completely seperated and she ended up in the floor between the table and seat.. When the manager came over, they offered her "a ride" to the hospital which she declined... but the then proceed to say how they are aware of the seat issue as kids walking along the seat cause it to seperate from the base all the time.. IF THIS IS AN ISSUE FIX IT!!! or someone may be seriously injured and you'll have a lawsuit on your hands.. Overall, the experience was great for the kids and if we return it will be at their request. The quality of food and be obtained from any fast food restaurant at a cheaper cost, but the atmosphere is unbeatable, expescially for kids..

Reviewed April 12, 2011

My family went to t-Rex today, 4-11-2011, and will not be returning. We made reservations as suggested on-line and showed up 15 min early. We were promptly seated and my 2 yr old son was in awe of the place. The dinosaurs were done well. Thats it for the positives about the place. We were placed at a table in an extremely high traffic area and I was nervous about my 9 month old being at the end of the table. They assured me she would be fine. However, 15 min into the lunch, a waitress going by dumped a tray of drinks and doused my 9 month old child. We on the end by her also got splashed, but mot drenched like her. It really scared her and made her a sopping mess. I then went to the manager and asked if we could be moved, as the area we were in made it likely something like this could happen again. What if it had bee hot food or if on of the glasses had hit her on the head. He agreed to let us move, but never uttered a single apology. We then ordered our food, ate and left. He never came back and apologized, I was hoping for a free desset or appetizer, but no attempt to even apologize. I've seen restaurant managers bend over backwards if food was 5 min late for people. This guy refused to do anything for their poor service and dumping water on customers and small children. The guy appeared to be more concerned with talking to staff, then checking on and helping customers. What a terrible manager. I will gladly be sharing my story with anyone heading down here. Food was so/so, not worth the huge markup. Dinosaurs were cool, but save your money and take the kids to Disney, sea world or even the dinosaur park. At least there you will be appreciated and not get treated like unimportant wallets.

2  Thank TomCrosby