“Great place to watch spring training”

ESPN Wide World of Sports
and up
Orlando Helicopter Tour from Walt Disney World Resort Area
Ranked #73 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Sports complex with the capability to host 30 different sports.
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Champion Field is a great place to watch a game. Since it's part of Disney, it's run like clockwork, starting with the parking. The parking is free and there are literally rows of employees directing you to the parking lot and then your parking spot. From there, more people greeting you and directing you to the stadium. The whole operation is quite impressive. I went to Legends Field in Tampa to watch a Yankees' spring training game. That felt like going to a ball game. Going to Champion Field feels like you're going to Disneyland. As you can imagine, the ballpark is very family friendly. You are allowed to bring in outside food and drink into the stadium as long as it isn't glass. The official website says you can't but I asked an employee and she said yes and security checked my bag and let me in with my bottled water and chicken fingers. Inside, the stadium is really immaculate and each seat has a cup holder. I don't understand why a stadium wouldn't but Legends didn't and I went to United Center in Chicago and it didn't either. I digress...

As far as seats, I had a very nice seat 3 rows back just off of center behind home plate. Spring training is great to get really good seats at a reasonable price. I bought mine on Ticketmaster the night before the game and so did the family who sat next to me. There are enough tickets that you should buy them there or just walk up to the stadium box office. Certainly a lot more tickets than at Legends. If I were to do it again, I'd get cheap general admission lawn seats. Go picnic and sunbathe out there for several innings, especially if you were in a group. By around the 6th inning, people are so hot and sunburned that seats will open up behind the plate. At that point, the ushers don't care and you can just walk down and grab a seat wherever you'd like. Of course, by the 6th inning of a spring game, most of the starters are out.

I walked around a little bit in the rest of the Sports complex. There really isn't that much to see other than the big ESPN globe at the entrance and a baseball Mickey statue. There are a bunch of fields and gyms that they use for sports camps and such.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The customer service reps are there to sell tickets and that's all they do. They don't recommend the best product for you. If you are there for a multi-day event you need a length of stay ticket---if you just ask for a ticket --you will get a ticket---only for a single day and will pay higher on a single rate only than the multi-day tickets.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Traveled with son's basketball team playing in a Pre-Holiday KSA Events tournament. This was our first time at the venue. We only used the basketball courts but we saw the other stadiums. It would have to be unbelievable to play somewhere like this as a kid. Top notch!

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have been here three times this year for youth soccer tournaments and several times in the past. While this is an impressive complex with venues for every sport imaginable, spectator entry fees are through the roof! Costs will add up with a family of five for a multi-day tournament at a rate of 14.50 daily per person. It appears they are making some additions, hope this does not impact future entry fees.

Food options are of poor quality and value (no surprise there).

They also should be a little more exclusive with the referees they hire.
There is too much at stake (that coupled with the expense) to have some flip, inexperienced referee!!!

1  Thank historylover33
Reviewed October 16, 2011

is a great place to go watch or even play games, we went to play softball it was great , even do we loss we still have fun , the have conception stands near by so we didt have to walk far to buy beer, and they have golf cards picking you up and dropping you equipment off or taking you near the gates