“What A Disappointment!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
I-RIDE Trolley Unlimited Ride Pass
Ranked #42 of 419 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: The I-RIDE Trolley is the exclusive, convenient and affordable transportation to hundreds of exciting destinations within the International Drive Resort Area. - Trolleys operate daily from 8:00am - 10:30pm. - Cash Fare: $2 per ride / Seniors (65+) $0.25 per ride - Kids (ages 3 to 9) $1 per ride. - Unlimited Ride passes, visit website for details - Wheelchair accessible / includes ADA-specified hydraulic lift*The Red Line Trolley route services the International Drive both north and south bound. Red Line trolleys arrive approximately every 20 minutes. The Green Line Trolley route is the counterpart to the Red Line Trolley route beginning service in the Major Boulevard area, travels along Universal Boulevard and then shadows the Red Line Trolley Route on South International Drive. Green Line trolleys arrive approximately every 30 minutes. *Maximum weight - including passenger and vehicle - is 600 lbs., width restriction is 30" wide and height restriction is 48" length.
Jacksonville, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What A Disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

When we visited Orlando we wanted to park our car and take the I-Trolley to explore the city. Our first trip to a restaurant for lunch was fine but the ride back to our hotel was not very good. The driver was not very courteous and didn't seem focused on safety. When we boarded, the driver accelerated very quickly while we were still walking to our seats. Not like he was just pulling away from the curb but it was with so much force that we had to grab the bars to keep from falling backward. Then when we got near our hotel we pulled the stop cord and he stopped and another passenger got off before us, and while we were walking to the door he started to pull away from the curb and jammed down on the gas pedal again. I had to yell out that we were getting off and all he said was "sorry". Needless to say we drove our car around town after that. Safety should never be ignored.

1 Thank Kerry500

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Katoomba
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great alternative to driving or taxi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed on International and used the I-Ride to do either end to visit the Premium outlets for shopping. They are clean and the drivers very courteous. We used the red line but needed a taxi for Disney and Universal. It would have been ideal if we could have used it for those parks - perhaps the green line goes there or the Lynx buses. If we return, I would look into these options as the taxi from resort to theme park cost us $30 each way - still better than driving and parking.
Great work Orlando thanks for providing a good service and very impressive with the wheelchair accessibility.

1 Thank Snombat
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“You CAN do Orlando without a car!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are currently staying in the doubletree hilton seaworld and didn't hire a car as we thought we would give the I-trolley a go and if we didn't find it easy to use then we would hire a car. We bought our 14 day unlimited ride from our travel rep on our journey from the airport to the hotel. If this is available to you, just buy it from the rep as you have them for when you need them. It does take a little time to get your head around how the route system works but just look at the map that is displayed on every tram stop, if you want to travel north (top of the map) you get the red line north tram. If you want to go south (bottom of the map) you get the red line south tram and if you are making a return journey you need to cross the road from where you got off to get the tram back! The drivers we have encountered have been on the whole pleasant with the exception of last nights who questioned why we were going to the McDonalds at stop 2, instead of 15, I felt obliged to tell him that we had kids eat free cards for that place...and he just gave me a vacant look! Any way the kids both got a happy meal for free so it was worth the ride! We have used the tram to get to and from aquatica and sea-world even though our hotel is just around the corner you can get on for one stop journeys if you can't face the walk for what ever resason! We got the tram back from islands of adventure\universal, and I agree with the other review about the distance. When i came out of those parks I had to ask for directions back to international drive, the guy pointed me in the right direction and it is quite a walk along a very busy road but you are safely on a pavement and as long as you have a drink\suncream and sensible shoes and no moaning kids it is fine! Crossing the road is tricky due to the time limit but just keep your witts about you, prep the kids as to what's happening...and cross very quickly! Once you reach international drive the tram stops are there so just sit at the stop and wait! If your hotel does a shuttle to those two parks then I would recomend taking advantage of this, however if you like "experiences" you could always try the tram to\from those two parks and make up your mind! On the whole the I-ride is great and a very good system. When I go home I can tell all the people who said to me "you can't do orlando without a car" that yes you can, you just haven't tried the i-ride and you also just listened to who ever told you that you couldn't do orlando with out a car!!

5 Thank aimeethebest
Bolton, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Can get packed at peak times, but still super value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Put into context, I don't see how you can get more for your money. In the UK a one week bus pass costs around £15 ($22 US), so pro-rata that is $44 dollars for a 14 day pass? isn't it?
AN I-Ride is just $18 dollars for a two week pass so given that the buses are clean, arrive every twenty minutes (mostly) and cover 90% of your destinations on a Florida Flex ticket, then I can't see why you wouldn't want one.
They do get packed at peak times, so you can expect to stand when it's busy, but the alternative is to pay for taxis. A taxi from North to South of Int Drive would cost circa $20 for example. I Ride is a worthwhile investment if you ask me.

Visited September 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“waste of $12”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Absolutely awful. We had our hire car but after diving from Miami down to Key West and then back up to Orlando we decided to buy a weeks pass ( $12 each. ) We got to the parks via free shuttles, the I Ride Trolley was for use at night so as we could both have a drink without worrying. We always use the Deuce bus in Vegas which we find brilliant, so was expecting something similar.

Waste of time and money. After a day at Busch Gardens by coach well over an hours journey, we got dropped of by Sleuths Bar ( a good mile away from our hotel, which we knew) I had a trip and hurt my knee, the weather was very cool as storms were over head, so we were cold, tired, and hungry. We waited by the bus stop for about 20 mins , it comes along full, so this meant another 20 min wait for the next (that is if that one turned up on time, which would be a miracle !!) so we decided to walk, well more of a hobble for me.

This was the case for the rest of the week, never on time no way every twenty mins, the shortest time we waited was half hour. You see all the skeletons sat on the benches on the way past where people have died and withered away while waiting for it ( kidding, no skeletons really, but should be)

What we could not understand is why they run so late. International Drive was not busy at all apart from Friday and Saturday night.The Strip in Vegas is always heaving at night and yes Deuce buses can run late but you can see why, so you understand. From what we could see there were no excuses regarding traffic.

We noticed the local Lynx bus run 2 of theirs for 1 I Ride, so if we had been there longer we would have opted to use those, and would suggest looking into this. Also bear in mind that they only run till 10.30pm which is rubbish, you get back from the parks about 7pm, have a shower, out for 8ish, really 10pm you gotta be heading back, so you can't relax and enjoy a late night out.

Look into the LYNX local, we will if we go again.

Visited April 2013