“Amazing resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orlando
Shades of Green Hotel
Ohio, United States
“Amazing resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was my first stay here and I will be returning. For the money this is the best resort on Disneyworld to stay at. Just because this place is affordable does not mean its a dumpy cheap resort, the whole resort is well taken care of. The staff will do anything to accommodate your request. One down side of staying here is the buses only run once an hour but a quick walk or shuttle ride to the Polynesian helps. These rooms are bigger then average and kept really clean, my room looked brand new. I will be visiting again I hopefully I get to see the new pool I recommend everyone who can book a room here do so you cant beat it for the price and especially the location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Frodo92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of 11 including 4 kids, and this was a great hotel! The breakfast buffet is pretty standard and repetitive, but you can't beat the price-especially for kids UNDER 6 ( denied our 6 year old of the free buffet, and charged the 11 year old full adult price). The shuttles run frequently to all the Disney locations, and were very easy to find at the end of all the long days at Disney. We were disappointed that one of the two pools was closed for renevations, but I'm sure it we'll be great when it reopens. The rooms were nice and big! They included a small mini-fridge. The bathroom was clean, and had a nice large double sink area. Each room had a small balcony . The only complaint we had, was while we were staying there, the locks on the door were being changed. Although the DO NOT DISTURB sign was illuminated, they bothered my parents in the morning. They answered the door in their pajamas, clearly had just rolled out of bed to answer the door, and the crew proceeded to use a very noisy drill, and change their lock. Hardly worth mentioning, it was just upsetting, considering we had 4 rooms for the entire week. The hotel did make it right by giving my dad 2 free breakfast vouchers.
The other restaurant was ok, nothing to exciting, and our waiter was a bit forgettful.
The food stand by the shuttles is a hidden gem. You can call ahead and they will have sandwiches waiting for you! We took them to Blizzard Beach, and saved some money on lunch.
The coffee stand in the lobby has the best damn ice cream I've ever had! They make it, along with their waffle cones, fresh daily! They also are a fully functional Starbucks.
Overall, I would definitely recommend Shades of Green to anyone who is eligible to stay there!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank allison60
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We just enjoyed our first stay at Shades of Green. I had booked a poolside room in Feb and called 2 times to make sure we would be able to have one when I read a pool was being closed for renovation. I was told they couldn't assign a room until we arrived. Our flight was late in the day so we lost out on that and had a construction fence view instead. Disappointed with that and also that we had no internet service in our room at all. Even with these two minor things I have to rate it a 5. Housekeeping staff was wonderful and friendly. Evergreen was our evening go to place, great service and friendly staff as well. We ate one meal at the Garden Gallery on Carnival Night where they treated the children to free face painting and their own buffet. Our waiter there was friendly as well. The turkeys, ducks and peacock showed up at our door each morning. Bus service was fantastic! One driver should be paid extra for his running commentary, he was hilarious. We also walked to the Polynesian and took the monorail and the small boat to Magic Kingdom a few times. Our granddaughter enjoyed the Frozen movie in the ballroom with the free popcorn and also the running children's movies in the lobby while we used the internet (it worked great in the lobby!) We also found they had a computer area where internet worked really well. Ice cream, drinks and coffee were reasonably priced in the lobby coffee shop. There was also one by the bus stop but we didn't use that. The hotel maps were easy to follow and the pool that was open was fantastic and never too full, always a table available. The store was well stocked and a good place to buy extras. We definitely plan on returning to check out the new pool when it is finished!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank 2854retiree
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I could write a really long comment about this place but will save everyone's time and hit the points you are looking for. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel has tons of amenities for all ages including a bar/pool table. The room and hotel was VERY VERY clean! The rooms are huge. We travel a lot and this by far was the most comfortable bed. The shower water pressure was great. Currently has 1 pool but large enough for a lot of people. Has tons of wildlife roaming and fun to look at. Kids loved it. We loved it. Will be staying here again to finish up our 4 day pass. Thank you for a wonderful stay! Also the hotel is super close to Magic Kingdom which makes the trip back and forth not bad.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Christine P
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Ok, after reading some of the reviews from the hotel snobs. I had to write in SOG defense. My family just stayed for a week at SOG. If you are expecting the Four Seasons, this isn't for you, try the Grand Floridian. It was a spacious room and everyone was very friendly. My son ended up leaving his IPhone in the technology center and someone turned it in, I doubt this would have happened at a Disney hotel with the general population. (I lost 40 bucks at the water park and that was long gone)

We are retired military family and work finance in NYC, so we are used to nice things, and SOG was very nice. The nicest part about it was the price. We opted for the Red, White and Blue Salute. it was about 145 a night (1 son counted as an extra adult +15) then it included the breakfast and dinner meals (you can't really mess up breakfast) and dinner was ok (By the third day just stuck to a salad and some protein) We have two small children and its really hit or miss if they eat so that was pretty good for us. It was another 60 bucks for the meal plan so and another 5 bucks for parking (around 210 a night)

Previously we stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress right off International Drive, they nickel and dimed you on everything. It advertised a 140/ night but the got hit with other charges (25 for gym/pool (Activity fee) + 20 parking + 20 taxes + 17 Disney parking.) That's 222 right there without food and you have to drive to food would have been another 100+ a day.

My motto is, "It's not how much you make, it's how much you save" Staying at SOG, enabled me to use money that I would have used on the hotel, taxes and other expenditures and use it to spend on my kids. We also bought the Armed Forces Salute tickets, with the fun option not the park hopper. We couldn't do more than one park a day. Although, we did one park and one fun option (waterparks/Disney Quest) per day. All in all, we calculated that we saved over $2,000.

Recommend if you get the four day ticket, stay six days, make the first day a travel/rest say and the third day take a break. By the end you will be ready to go home.

My only complaints: we extended our stay for another day because the kids wanted to stay and they made us change rooms. Not really a big deal. The elevator between the lobby and first floor smelled like something died in it. Load up on cases of water before you go, the AAFES in the building was ok but 1 liter bottles were 2.75 bucks each. One last thing the big pool was closed for renovations for 3-4 months

It's nice enough and I would definitely go back, being so close to the Magic Kingdom you can't beat it. Kids had a blast. (They are the ultimate decision makers)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Joe A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We are only able to stay here due to my father's retired status, but it is wonderful. The price can't be beat for a hotel actually on the Disney property, with attraction tickets available at likewise unbeatable prices. The rooms are perfectly suitable, if not exactly luxury accommodations. The facilities are very nice in general; even room service prices are reasonable (for room service, anyway).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Deuce444
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had our first visit to SOG this July (taking our 2 young boys for their first ever trip to Disney) and could not have asked for a better experience! The rooms were big and very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly (especially the Garden Gallery crew). Excellent variety of restaurants, coffee, ice cream, technology center, arcade, pools, arcade, etc. The bus system was better than we could have ever asked for. No need to retrieve the car once we parked it on the first day. Having an AAFES right there in the resort was very helpful. Even better was having the ticket office right there at the resort as well. With the amount we saved on ticket packages, we were able to fit more attractions into our visit. And we really can't say enough about the food provided at Garden Gallery! Every meal was excellent! Food was fabulous… variety was remarkable… made to order meals were amazing… Carnival Night, Build Your Own Pizza Night, the alternating cuisine nights… and the staff were SUPER friendly!! The ONLY suggestion/request we could make to SOG is that they provide an overall map of the facility and menus for the restaurants on the property. We were at the resort for about 3 days before we even stumbled upon the Arcade, Sports Bar, and pool that stays open all night. Can't really speak to the pools though. We spent so much time at the parks that by the time we got back, showered, cleaned up, and ate dinner, we were exhausted and crashed early. However, we WILL return to Shades of Green for our next Disney visit.

Room Tip: • Keep in mind that there is a 24-hour pool on site. If you want to avoid any potential noise, you m...