“Great if your visiting WDW!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orlando
Shades of Green Hotel
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is for DOD and military, active or retired. It is super easy to visit the Disney parks from here since they offer transportation. I think they rooms are a little older and we had trouble getting the Wi-fi in our room. There are a couple of restaurants as well as a small Starbucks kiosk in the hotel. It looks as if they are building a second pool at this time. It was quite loud at night with the fireworks close by...if you have small children... It may be an issue but they only last a short time. Also you can hear people in the hall quite often. The shower wasn't the cleanest but for convenience and price, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Kager727
Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just left SoG today. We had a great time. The resort is huge, clean and close to Magic Kingdom. The rates are phenomenal. I booked our vacation and room and then read the reviews and I will say I was a little worried. They were wrong. Check in took 5 minutes and we were given directions to our room and were told where everything was located. Our bags were brought up within minutes of our arrival. We had dinner in the garden gallery that evening and the food was delicious. We ate there morning and evening since we purchased their dining plan and we were pleasantly surprised. The only thing I didn't like was oriental night on Wednesday. Other than that, everything was great. The staff at the buffet could be a little more helpful but overall they were good. Transportation isn't as bad as some reviewers make it out to be. You would think some of these people were used to being driven around in a chariot with the way they complain. If you miss a park bus which comes every hour, just jump on the TTC bus and take the monorail or bus to your park of choice. No biggie. At checkout we had a parking charge even though we didn't have a car to park but all I did was call the front desk and they corrected it right away. I would recommend this to any one who qualifies to stay there. Glad I didn't go by some of these reviews. I have come to the conclusion that people will nit pick at anything.

• Stayed: July 2013
13  Thank sealwf1
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our family thoroughly enjoyed staying at Shades of Green while on our Disney vacation. The room was larger than most hotels and sleeps 5. We purchased the Sunrise Package which included the breakfast buffet. It included everything from fresh fruit & cereal to freshly made waffles and custom omelets. We ate the large breakfast and then snacked for lunch in the parks. One evening we ate dinner in the Italian restaurant in the hotel and had no complaints. It was a bit pricey, but after eating a week's worth of park food, it was worth it. The hotel and pool were clean and in great condition. We felt very safe there, as you had to show a military ID to get in or even on a shuttle to get there from a park. We will make this our Disney hotel from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Kim M
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We all know why we stay here, we are in the military and we get a very good deal. There is a lack of eating choices at the hotel but with planning that can be overcome. We didn't eat at the restaurant but once and it was not worth the price. So just plan accordingly. The room was clean and spacious, check in and out was easy and the shuttle was very convenient. I think it is worth the cost but like I said just be prepared to not eat there. Would be worthwhile to bring or go out and buy some sandwich and breakfast stuff to keep in the room. We ate at the parks for supper and carried something light for lunch...might not be possible with kids, just me and the wife went on our trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sandboxpirate
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I wanted to give a 5 for our recent visit here. Just like everyone else has said the location and prices you can not beat. The only reason I gave it a 4 is employees and choices to eat. First off I am in the customer service business and have been my entire life. I train people on customer service and FIRST IMPRESSIONS. When we checked in and the gentlemen at the front desk(who seemed to be more interested on what was going on behind us) payed us almost no attention. He answered the phone 3 times without saying excuse me (what got me on this one was the 2 girls standing behind him that could have answered the phone but were too busy talking about their activities the night before), acted like he was in a hurry (no one was behind us) and just seemed rushed and in a hurry. Not a great first impression. I could go on and on about employees here from the cashier in the exchange just there to take my money and NEVER smiling, to the staff in the buffet (don't even get me started here!). Again being in the customer service business I did not feel welcome at all.

As far a food options, yes you could do the breakfast buffet and it was good and quick but your lunch and dinner options were few. Either a $16.00 buffet (beware drink is NOT included in that price) or steak and lobster. Other than that you could get a burger or pizza and that got old by day 2.

Other than that the resort was clean, shuttle service was awesome, location was convenient and yes we will be back. Lots of wild life around for the kiddos to enjoy also. Being in Arizona we only get to see some of these animals in a zoo. Had an alligator right outside our window that the kids watched all week and named him (don't worry it was a baby).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jill1992
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is equivalent to a Motel 6 or other very low end hotel chain. The rooms are adequate, there are no extras, there is nothing above average here. You stay here because it's cheap, an all the other people are here for the same reason. The service is terrible; front desk is rude, housekeeping is barely minimal, you will wait in line for everything (getting tickets, coffee, your bags, etc). SoG bills itself as a "luxury" resort but it is very far from that.

Room Tip: Bring a white noise machine if you want to sleep.