Thanks to my son, our whole family of 12 from all over the country was able to stay at this magical hotel on a tiny budget. April Military Child rate was spectacular and included breakfast. The grounds of this hotel are breathtaking and the space inside and outside our adjoining ground floor rooms were wonderful playgrounds for our handful of preschoolers some of which are indeed a handful. The room was huge and clean. The pull out was a real twin bed. We only used the pool until 12 but it was huge, empty and warm enough. We walked to the Polynesian to use the monorail with our mega strollers and never took the Shades of Green bus.
The problems: 1. Checking in and using the desk is much slower than at a typical hotel 2. The breakfast wait time was ludicrous since the breakfast room was mostly empty. Send an able bodied runner down to put your name on the list and have him wait instead of the whole family waiting. 3. Bring your own shampoo, etc.
Enjoy. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shades of Green Resort is a military-owned resort within Walt Disney World and is exclusively for military guests and their families. Information on eligibility and reservations can be found on the Shades of Green website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shades Of Green Resort Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Walt Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Orlando