I wanted to like this place, but got a real case of the blahs. There are some good features. Price (rooms, food, and amenities) is very reasonable. The rooms are quite large. It's nice to be around military folks who are like us - it's a very safe feeling place. The bus service is efficient and we never had a problem getting to the parks. The location is awesome. On the bad side, the rooms are dated-feeling and everything has a low-quality feel to it (like the Hale Koa). The A/C was freight-train loud and the housekeeping was spotty. The fitness center is the worst of all the Armed Forces vacation hotels. For comparison sake, this place feels like an old Ramada Inn. I know the military does a better job in Korea and Hawaii and Germany, why not in Orlando?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shades of Green Resort is a military-owned resort within Walt Disney World and is exclusively for military guests and their families. Information on eligibility and reservations can be found on the Shades of Green website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shades Of Green Resort Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Walt Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Orlando