Booked this hotel because of its proximity to Universal and we wanted somewhere to stay at after going to Halloween Horror Nights. The location is perfect and it's only 5$ for a taxi to universal. Their shuttles to Universal only run during "the day." We were looking to head over to the park around 5:30 or 6:00 and was told the shuttle doesn't run that late.
The room was clean. The beds were not that comfortable. There was a full fridge, sink, microwave, and even a stove top in the room which may be beneficial to people staying multiple nights.
What I despised about this hotel was the service. People were not friendly here at all. The two things that irritated me the most were.. Being put in a smoking room when my reservation clearly shows a non-smoking room and the guy telling me that a smoking room was booked. I literally had to pull out my confirmation email and show him. Thank goodness a non-smoking room was still available for us to get instead because I would have left and stayed somewhere else. The second most irritating thing was being woken up by housekeeping at 9am. Checkout time is at 11am. So why in the world would housekeeping be knocking at our door at 9am?!? Waking all three of us who were staying in the room up. Why would they just not wait two more hours or check the computer to see if we checked out early before they tried to come in and clean the room?
I absolutely would never stay here again solely based on the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando